• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NUTs - a not so young LE and b.a.t. Team

Started by tooheys, March 23, 2008, 12:29:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diggis

Quote from: Pat on April 05, 2008, 10:00:36 PM
hmmm that is screwie Dave lol.... I didnt have no ops mod flags on your lot so I assumed and well err yea never mind I think you know what assuming does lol.... BTW is there going to be a banner for you all or are you just stuck with a lonely little gold star lol....

OK i just have to hunt down a few then thats all...

Usually when you are just missing props you won't get the brown box or opps mod smudge.  It's usually only when you have a mojor item missing.

dedgren

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Diggis

Have a pic for you Dave.  You owe me a pizza though cos I burnt mine trying to get this to work...

Pat

Diggis that is sooo NUTastic!!!  Im sorry that you burnt a pizza....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

TheTeaCat

now that is something else  &apls &apls &apls

very very nice indeed.
Only inconvenient now when you hit a six :D :D
Not so far to run when you knock those 4's out either $%Grinno$%

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Diggis

I was going to put in some broken palings etc, but they don't show up.  I've removed a couple for kicks.  I'll email this as a prop to you Dave.  It's all yours.  :thumbsup:

Jmouse

The fence looks great, Shaun. I'm anxious to see what Dave thinks about it. I've never seen a cricket pitch, but if I did, I'd want it to look like this one! ::)

Later...
Joan

tooheys

Diggis, that looks exceptional my friend &apls. I'm at work at the moment so won't get a chance to try it out until later today  :'(.

That makes the lot look 100% better, thanks for your efforts.  :thumbsup: Time to get this off to the candidacy thread I'm guessing.

Cheers

Dave

PS: Pizza and beer on me next time I'm in town. ;)

Diggis

I noticed that you didn't have a custom Icon for this.  You may have added one already, but if not I've done one up for you...

I can add your logos to it when you get some.  It's really easy to add.  Get the LEprop from ST modds and downloads and open your lot.  You can import a PNG through there for your icon.

If you want more done for other lots they don't take very long.  Take a screenie of the lot and flick it to me and I'll see what I can do.  :thumbsup:

BarbyW

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

tooheys

Diggis, thanks. I will use that. I have LEprop but didn't realise it was that easy to create an icon. Another lesson learned.

Barby, I have the LEX version  ;)

Cheers all

Dave

Diggis

Are the diamonds your logo?  If so I'll put them on the Icon.  Otherwise I can use some nuts...

**Edit** Not sure whether I like the diamonds or the nut better! but yes, we're currently using the diamonds. If Dave wants it in the icon, one of us can send it in a PM. -- Jm

tooheys

Well you can keep your nuts, but Ill email you our team icon. Thanks again.

Diggis

Done and Done.  I have emailed it to you, along with the Photoshop file I used to create them.  It still has your logo in so the team can do them up easily.  My offer still stands to create them if needed as it' only takes a couple of mins. 

I'm only 28 so can't join your team officially, but am always willing to help.  :P

Shadow Assassin

Diggis, just lie about your age.  ::)

The cricket pitch looks wonderful. Here's to many happy days of beating England at cricket once again.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

TheTeaCat

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on April 11, 2008, 08:13:38 PM
The cricket pitch looks wonderful. Here's to many happy days of beating England at cricket once again.

Don't ye do that anyway?

Dave
here's a question for you,
would a pitch that size have a "Crease Cover"? I'm sure you know what I mean, something that may be rolled on in time
of very inclement weather? or just a roll of tarpaulin at the edge of the pitch that could be dragged on?

As you know proper sports fanatics will play through all types of weather except for cricket  ::)
where they run for the clubhouse at the slightest drop of rain :D :D

Great stuff you nutty team are doing btw  :thumbsup:

TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Diggis

Quote from: TheTeaCat on April 12, 2008, 02:32:27 AM
Don't ye do that anyway?

Dave
here's a question for you,
would a pitch that size have a "Crease Cover"? I'm sure you know what I mean, something that may be rolled on in time
of very inclement weather? or just a roll of tarpaulin at the edge of the pitch that could be dragged on?

As you know proper sports fanatics will play through all types of weather except for cricket  ::)
where they run for the clubhouse at the slightest drop of rain :D :D

Great stuff you nutty team are doing btw  :thumbsup:

TTC

And golf, where they have cancelled for it being too dry.

I don't think covers are necessary for a pitch this size.  It looks to me more like a local kids club ground.

tooheys

TTC, thats "Textured Artificial Turf"  :D

Actually, Diggis you know how the game is played down here. I'm no bat'er but do you think it would be possible to create an artificial pitch, either concrete or concrete with mats?? Just an idea and probably not necessary, but nothing like a bit of variety.

By the way, have been looking at that tute re the custom queries. No problems with the early part, attaching a query to a lot, but after that, well, straight over my head. Still trying, but expect a question or two shortly.

Thanks for your help to date and the cricket lot is now officially the "Collins Commemorative Cricket Ground". Just one last issue to sort out and then off for LEX candidacy.

Dave

Diggis

Quote from: tooheys on April 12, 2008, 03:03:48 AM
Actually, Diggis you know how the game is played down here. I'm no bat'er but do you think it would be possible to create an artificial pitch, either concrete or concrete with mats?? Just an idea and probably not necessary, but nothing like a bit of variety.

Yeah, I'll take a look.  Should be simple enough... Want that super lime green they use?  It's probably just as easy to do it with textures.

As for queries about the queries, anytime.  ;D

callagrafx

Quote from: Diggis on April 12, 2008, 04:37:03 AM
Want that super lime green they use?

Oooooh, radioactive cricket pitches  :D :D

Diggis, I've sent you my original PSD file for the greens via email, hope they help  :thumbsup:
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it