• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Blue Floydshire - Stuff... - 10th Dec

Started by Sheep49, September 15, 2008, 11:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheep49

Welcome everyone to the brand new MD by Sheep49! That's going to be just an ordinary city, so don't expect anything brilliant. ;)

History: The Constitutional Monarchy Of Blue Floyd was established in 1939, on Emerson Island, 30 km south of Brighton, UK. It's first king was James I, while the prime minister was Eugene Taylor. Despite the fact that most of the people were from Untied Kingdom, the country has been independent until 2008, when it was taken other be Great Britain,and renamed Blue Floydshire.

Estiminated Population - 1,959,170 people
Area - 5102 cubic km
Boroughs:
1. Central Boroughs:
- Bayswater
- Silvertown
2. Royal Boroughs:
- Wapping
- Edgware
- Gunnersbury
3. Ordinary Boroughs:
- Acton
- Islington
- Woodford
- Pinner
4. Past Boroughs:
- Highgate Island (Now part of East Sussex)
Religion - Anglicanism 89%, Catolicism - 7%, Other Religions - 2%
Currency - Pound

Sister Cities:
- Highsbury Grove (CasperVg)
- Maroanestra (Art128)
- Nyhaven (woodb3kmaster)
- Lowangen (praiodan)

Flag of council: (Please don't comment on that one ;))

The Constitutional Monarchy Of Blue Floyd
Mason's Court:
1. Mason's Court Teaser
2. Mason's Court Update
Extras:
3. Map of Europe Outdated
4. Wiki Article
5. Updating Schedule #1
6. Picture in the competition
Churchill Place:
7. Churchill Place Teaser #1
8. Churchill Place Teaser #2
9. Churchill Place Teaser #3
10. Churchill Place Teaser #4
11. Churchill Place Update
Extras:
12. Picture in the competition
13. The new Dome - Roger Waters concert teaser #1
14. Mosaic of southern Churchill Place
15. Roger Waters concert teaser #2
16. Picture in the competition... AGAIN?!

>Lots of mess here<

Blue Floydshire
Rebirth of Blue Floyd:
17. Map of the island
Polish support forum - Cafe Poland * SC4Wiki! * My BATting thread

I am he, as you are he, as you are me and we are all together... - I Am The Walrus, The Beatles

CasperVg

Good start, you've got a nice flag too (oh wait, I wasn't supposed to comment on that one!). I hope you'll enjoy sculpting this MD!
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Simpson

Nice to see you here my friend
I'm looking forward to the next update  ;)
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

praiodan

Great Day For Freedom? Now that's definatly some Anthem worth singing  :P

There's a King Frederick around, huh? Any chance he's got roots to the Hohenzollern? If so, he'd be a relative of Frederick-Arnold, ruler of the Zollernmark kingdom (huh, I really have to get an update on this, I think I haven't posted at all on this for like two years now  ??? )

Be looking forward to seeing more  :)

thundercrack83

Your flag looks good, Piotr! I can't wait to see some pictures in your first update!

Welcome to the MD section!

Dustin

art128

nice start Piotr  &apls  &apls
I like your Flag ,
erf , Blue Floyd => Pink Floyd   :P
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Sciurus

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Sheep49

Guess what?! It's time for some replies!

Replies:

caspervg - How did you dare to comment on my flag!? Lol. Anyways, thanks for the kind comments ;)

Simpson - Thank you very much!

praiodan - Thanks! About your question: no, he isn't! (At least officially  ;D)

thundercrack - Thanks!

art128 - Again, you wasn't supposed to comment on that flag!  ;D Oh, and you found out the roots of the MD name. Congratulations - you found out something that is obvious! :P

sciurus54 - Thanks

So, thanks everyone one's again! That's why I love ya all! (Don't take it's too seriously ;))

Ok, anyways, I have something
Really important to say!!

The update is not going to be that weekend (at least I don't think so ;)), 'cause my comp has crashed and my plugin folder has been destroyed ;p. So, please be patient, 'cause I think that it's going to be better than I've ever planned. And you know why? Because I'm going to download CAM and all of CAMpatible buildings!

But remember: The MD is not dead! (yet :D) Just please wait one-two days longer, OK?

Have a nice Dave's Day/Not-Dave's Day/Night/Whatever  :P
Piotr aka Sheep49

I am he, as you are he, as you are me and we are all together... - I Am The Walrus, The Beatles

Simpson

Hi Piotr
Bad news for the update my friend but I'm looking forward to the new update
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Fatsuhono

But I actually like the flag my friend! I can't wait for this MD to start out!

Sheep49

Thanks Simpson and Fatsuhono for your nice comments. Hope you will like this
Teaser!

This photo is from Mason's Court, the city showcased in the next update. Nothing much, but hope you enjoy it!

See ya! ;)
Piotr

BTW, please vote in the poll! It will help me with deciding what custom content should I download. ;)

Simpson

Nice pic my friend, your city looks super  :thumbsup:
I also vote  ;)
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Sheep49

UPDATE TIME!

Today I'm going to show you the only part of the country that I've built - Mason's Court. It is named after Pink Floyd's drummer, but in my country, Nicholas Mason was the first person who decided to life in the area. He's the national hero, and once a year, on the 3rd of March, the holiday is being celebrated.

The buildings in the update are plopped, but I hope you will like it! ;)

This photo shows the Red Towers Estate, which was 67th on the list  'Of the Best Estates in Contemporary Europe', hold in 1965. Today, most of the towers has been demolished, but some still stand proudly. (The buildings of the estate are the red, high towers :P) Since the estate was big, the towers will be visible on almost every photo.

Don't have anything to say about that photo. More on the red numbers later.

This may seem as just another photo by me showing another useless and disgusting area of my city, but in fact it's one of the most monumental areas of the town. Like Piccadilly Circus in London, or the Times Sq in New York, the building with that big neon is the biggest landmark in the area. Now you can see how pathetic is that city. ;)

The Transportation Square is one of many green/white areas in the area.  It has taken its name from the Blue Floyd Rapid Transport HQ located in the building with the writing Coca-Cola on it. You will have the oppurtunity for being the president on this company, but the way will be reveiled in the next updates.

The overview of the area. Have you seen such a sad, bad and pathetic photo? If so, you have to be the most unlucky person in the whole world. ;)

And now for the...
Buy the house in Blue Floyd!
The rules are simple. You buy houses for the posts. Do you remember the numbers on the 2nd picture? This are the propeties avaible to buy.

1 - A flat in the Freddie Mercury Tower, a part of Red Towers Estate. (5 posts) Bought by Simpson
2 - The apartment in the 'House of Book', where the biggest bookshop in the city is located. (8 posts)
3 - The flat in 35 Sea Ave, another landmark in the city. (13 posts)

How many posts 'do you have':
caspervg: 1
Simpson: 3
praiodan: 1
thundercrack: 1
Arthur: 2
scirius: 1
Fatsuhono: 1

Have fun, and hope you liked the update. Constructive criticism is welcomed as always. Don't hestitate to give me some tips or even request something. ;D

And don't worry: We will have some more updates about Mason's Court. ;)
Piotr

CasperVg

Nice! A suggestion would be to turn of the grid (press "g") when taking pictures, and perhaps try not to show to much Zoom-6 pictures (as they are a little tiled). The city itself looks splendid however. Casper von Treebaum is probably happy with how the monarchy is developing.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Simpson

Hey nice new update my friend  :thumbsup:
The city is looking very very good, I love the diagonal with W2W
The général pic is absolutly super

BTW: now it's 4 posts in your MD  ;D
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

nerdly_dood

You really have been stickin' it to the grid with this one - I like your tram network too.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

MandelSoft

Ahh, Blue Floyd looks nice. A nice small town  ;)
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

warconstruct

Very beautiful city, your networks GLR is very well designed !
Province of Acadia since 2020
Province of Zillerthal (2014)
Port Aux Captes (2009-2011)
Province of Trieste (2006-2010)
Since SC4D 2007-2022

Schulmanator

Awesome! I am loving the diagonalness of it all. And great to see GLR in the mix as well. Nifty work.  :satisfied:
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0