• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SAM - Street Addon Mod

Started by jplumbley, June 25, 2007, 11:05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jplumbley

@Andreas...  I know we have talked in the past a bit about a SAM addition of Ped Paths briefly once or twice.  There is a bit of experimentation that needs to be done still for this, as I have found if there are no car paths you will get No Connection Zots and Abandonment for residential zones, I have not attempted this for commercial zones yet.

I would like to get further in the developement of a few other things I have been working on before I get into more testing of the Draggable Ped Malls, so textures would be a great help, but I wont have time until probably X-mas to test those out.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Andreas

Quote from: jplumbley on October 31, 2007, 12:40:06 PM
@Andreas...  I know we have talked in the past a bit about a SAM addition of Ped Paths briefly once or twice.  There is a bit of experimentation that needs to be done still for this, as I have found if there are no car paths you will get No Connection Zots and Abandonment for residential zones, I have not attempted this for commercial zones yet.

I would like to get further in the developement of a few other things I have been working on before I get into more testing of the Draggable Ped Malls, so textures would be a great help, but I wont have time until probably X-mas to test those out.

Yes, residential zones would need car paths as well, otherwise you'll get no job zots. For commercial and industrial zones, I assume it's similar to the NAM ped-malls: You need a TE lot to connect the road network with the ped-mall tiles. ArkenbergeJoe said that a puzzle piece would be needed that has pedestrian paths which connects the ped-mall tile with adjacent networks (I'm not sure if this is possible, though). Ideally, the ped-mall starter puzzle pieced could have such paths at the "non-draggable" side. Anyway, I would like to see a SAM texture set that has the look of the sand path textures that I sent to you some time ago - no need to hurry, though. :)
Andreas

Diggis

Quote from: Andreas on October 31, 2007, 05:56:47 PM
Anyway, I would like to see a SAM texture set that has the look of the sand path textures that I sent to you some time ago - no need to hurry, though. :)

Send em to me, and I'll texture them up.  No guarantees as to whether Jason adds them, but at least they are an option.  I also have to do the one from M too.

Andreas

Andreas

toxicpiano

Quote from: Diggis on October 28, 2007, 02:59:59 AM
The other one that sticks out to me would be Pegs scenice drive. 

Also, what road type would Ped Malls come under?
Scenic drive sounds like a very good idea  :)
I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, can bring about all the effects of drunkenness.

Kellydale2003

My SAM will only stay Red, it doesn't go green. Why is this?
<center> Cant-Escape Productions

www.Cant-Escape.piczo.com
A personal fan site "devoted"
Kellydale2003
</center>

jplumbley

Please read the Mini Readme posted at the top of every page.  You should be able to find your answer in there.  Make sure you have installed it correctly.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

dragonshardz

My problem is that the CURSOR stays red, no tile shows up. It's either a conflicting mod (i think i know which one it is) or the "red tile" part...

Tarkus

Quote from: dragonshardz on November 24, 2007, 04:58:40 PM
My problem is that the CURSOR stays red, no tile shows up. It's either a conflicting mod (i think i know which one it is) or the "red tile" part...

It definitely sounds to me like you have an outdated NAM Controller sitting around somewhere.  If you re-install the SAM, you should be good to go.  Make sure there's not a file with the central RULs (either another copy of the NAM Controller, or an outdated transit mod) loading after the NAM folder.

-Alex (Tarkus)

Toichus Maximus

I had that trouble for a while, and just reinstalling SAM didn't cut it. I backed up all the bridges and then ran cleanitol on the NAM, then reinstalled everything; it all works perfectly now.

dragonshardz

turns out that the uninstall/reinstall thing did the trick, had to do it twice though. accidentally got a copy of the 06 NAM from the front page and then did it all over again with the june 07 NAM from ST.

someone needs to fix those links on the front page to give us the june 07, not the last 2006 NAM.

Tarkus

Quote from: dragonshardz on November 25, 2007, 10:06:13 AM
turns out that the uninstall/reinstall thing did the trick, had to do it twice though. accidentally got a copy of the 06 NAM from the front page and then did it all over again with the june 07 NAM from ST.

someone needs to fix those links on the front page to give us the june 07, not the last 2006 NAM.

That's rather odd.  I just tried it and it links right up with the June NAM on the LEX (from the "NAM 2007" link on the front page).  I know that page had been previously linked to the old NAM, but it was changed the early part of June.  Unless there's some other link I haven't found. ::)

-Alex (Tarkus)

jeronij

Quote from: Tarkus on November 25, 2007, 12:49:53 PM
That's rather odd.  I just tried it and it links right up with the June NAM on the LEX (from the "NAM 2007" link on the front page).  I know that page had been previously linked to the old NAM, but it was changed the early part of June.  Unless there's some other link I haven't found. ::)

-Alex (Tarkus)

It seems there was an issue with half of the links in that page. The images were linking to the June version, but the links were pointing to the December 2006 ones  ::)  This has been fixed  ;) .

Btw , if you cant see the changes, reload the page ( Ctrl+F5) or open it in a new browser window.
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Luc

@jplumbley, @Tarkus,

:thumbsup: With SAM you created a very nice MOD!  :thumbsup:

Here's a suggestion to avoid further compatibility issues with the NAM:
Force the NAM team to update the NAM Essentials download. NAM Essentials as of June 2007 ship with NetworkAddonMod_Controller.dat(file date 2007/05/30; file size 221kB) whereas SAM installes (an updated ?) NetworkAddonMod_Controller.dat(file date 2007/09/13; file size 249kB). Or, at least, add a notice to SAM ReadMe that reinstalling NAM after SAM might run into conflicts. ;)

Luc
If anybody could give hints on 'must have' basic plugins for SC4RH to be used (and compatible to 2007/06 NAM) any PM will be appreciated! (I had been off to RL since 2006/02...)

jplumbley

Quote from: Luc on December 11, 2007, 07:44:20 AM
@jplumbley, @Tarkus,

:thumbsup: With SAM you created a very nice MOD!  :thumbsup:

Here's a suggestion to avoid further compatibility issues with the NAM:
Force the NAM team to update the NAM Essentials download. NAM Essentials as of June 2007 ship with NetworkAddonMod_Controller.dat(file date 2007/05/30; file size 221kB) whereas SAM installes (an updated ?) NetworkAddonMod_Controller.dat(file date 2007/09/13; file size 249kB). Or, at least, add a notice to SAM ReadMe that reinstalling NAM after SAM might run into conflicts. ;)

Luc

:thumbsup:

We are part of the NAM Team.  SAM is an official NAM Product.  The reason the NAM Essentials file was not updated was due to the fact that this was the only planned release in between NAM Essentials updates and that it was a BETA version.  SAM BETA v2 will be fully integrated into the NAM Essentials and will be updated the same time as the NAM.  All in due time.

The conflicts are coming from OLD files from previous June 2007 NAM, those who are using the June 2007 NAM have not had the problem because the SAM NAM_Controller, overwrites the JUNE 2007 NAM_Controller.  I, nor anyone else on the NAM Team can help the fact that some people dont know what they have in their plugins and that they have a conflicting previous version of NAM, RHW, etc.  There is a Cleanitol file released with the June 2007 NAM which will remove all the old files from previous NAM releases, but if someone has something that is pre-NAM or a non-NAM supported transit mod that has changed the NAM_Controller (the RUL files) then there will be a conflict which we cannot anticipate.

Street Addon Mod - SAM

dragonshardz

and that's why organizing your plugins folder is important.

High5Tower

I had the dreaded RED arrow.
The cause was because all my plugins are data packed and the new Sam folder was not yet data packed.
After running many different tests and getting it to work I then thought about what has been said about loading order.
So I put the Sam folder in my  Modds folder packed it and now everything works great. :thumbsup:
I thought that since I have 2.75gb of plugins that I may have had conflicts but no I just needed to finish filling thing s in the right spot. :thumbsup:

Starmanw402007

When Sam Beta V2 becomes available, Should Sam Beta V1 be removed from our computers?

Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

jplumbley

When SAM BETA v2 becomes available it will be included as a full NAM Plugin.  It will be a separate download like RHW, but the NAM Conrtoller will not be included in SAM BETA v2, it will be updated in the NAM Essentials download.  Of course, no release date has been set, but like we have been saying it will be sooner than later (but then it may be held off untill 2021 like Tarkus was saying).

Right now what is intended to be included: (New stuff only)

Roundabouts for non-Dirt streets
OWR Intersections for all sets
Avenue Intersections fixed and updated for all sets
________

SAM - 3 - PEGs Dirt Roads
SAM - 5 - Torolcas Dirt Roads

So, who is excited for an updated SAM?  

If enough people show enthusiasm and excitement it might make me and the team work a little harder to get it ready.

Street Addon Mod - SAM

rooker1

&apls &hlp &apls &hlp &dance %BUd% &dance %BUd%

I am sooo excited, please hurry.

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.