• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SAM - Street Addon Mod

Started by jplumbley, June 25, 2007, 11:05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssc4k

well i shodve read the whole read me, that is true. i will in the future :D

by the way can someone tell me what a Tm complaitn is :P
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature and help him gain world domination.

dragonshardz

i dunno, but i think it has something to do with the TM Propellant MEGA lot.

Trademark, maybe?

jplumbley

Quote from: ssc4k on September 27, 2007, 05:13:06 PM
well i shodve read the whole read me, that is true. i will in the future :D

by the way can someone tell me what a Tm complaitn is :P

A TM is a generalization in which some people call those who do not read a readme when the answer is there or the answer is found a page or two back in a thread in which they are asking a question.  Generally, these questions posted on the spot with no thought as to looking for the answer when it is right in front of their faces.  The letters stand for Typing Monkey (since monkey's dont think very hard).  It is frowned upon by modders/batters that they put the time and effort into making their creation and then writing a readme about it, then someone comes in and asks questions that have already been answered.

But, lets leave that be.  $%Grinno$%  This is the developement thread for SAM, not a place for worrying about TMs.  ::)
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

dragonshardz

huh, i was wondering about that, once i got a park from "the BSC" as a "reward" for using cheats. note that this was ingame and not through a dl. i think it was made by DEDWD. shame that the city was accidentally destroyed not long after. the statue looks like a monkey in the thinker position sitting on a typewriter.

back on topic now! yay!

BigSlark

'shardz-

While completely off topic, the TM is included in a BSC Park Pack from what I am able to tell. I've it gotten several times myself for using "moolah" cheat.

Cheers,
Kevin

poporo

Nice to meet you, and I am a manager of the data base where BAT of Japan has
been brought together and.

http://kamurai.sakura.ne.jp/editbbs/lev-bbs.cgi?bid=SC4=&style=0
I want to describe it to the data base though Japanese version SAM is open to
the public here.
Please can you approve it?
---------------------------------------------------
Data base address
http://wiki.poporo-x.com/

Translation machine that used it
excite Translation:http://www.excite.co.jp/world/english/

jplumbley

@Poporo  Thank you very much for spreading the word about the SAM!  I support anyone from foreign language sites sharing this mod with anyone in which I cannot.

@Poporo  SAMに関して、話しを広めてくださってありがとうございます! 私はそうすることができないだれともこのモッズを共有する外国サイトからだれでも支持します。

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Gaston

jplumbley,
   I'll copy poporo's post to the Japanese forums.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

poporo

@jplumbley
Thank you for having you consent!

Then I will mention it in a database at once.
I really thank you.

Gaston

@poporo

日本のフォーラムを見たか。私はそれらにあなたのポストをコピーした。私達に日本に興味がある多くの人々が非常にある。

Have you looked at the Japanese forums?   I copied your post to them.   We have alot of people very interested in Japan.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

Glenni

Just so you know,  a lot of the models i showed you are still un-rendered ,when will you need them them for the next stage? &mmm

jplumbley

Glenni, if you can render them and send them to me I will use them when I get a chance :P

Street Addon Mod - SAM

jplumbley

Well, I thought I'd let you guys know... I was playing around today to see if I could get the RULs to functionally override the Roundabout textures with SAM Roundabouts.  I have been successful with what I have written so far.  This is a picture in which this was only a RUL test there are no paths done yet and it seems to have worked for what I have written. 

One issue I still have to "solve" would be that currently I cannot drag from the a SAM Roundabout and continue the SAM texture, I can only drag into the Roundabout to turn it into a SAM Roundabout.  I dont know if I can get around this, not yet atleast.

Here is a teaser:

Street Addon Mod - SAM

BigSlark

Wow! That's really cool, jplumbley.   &apls

And  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: for the NAM Team as a whole for...well, you all know what it's for.

Cheers,
Kevin

Flo8472

:thumbsup: it's really nice Mod.
My Sims love'in it :)
Greetings Flo8472
SimCityMultiplayer.com - Your World of SimCity Multiplayer!

M4346

I don't know if anyone has come across this issue, or have mentioned it before, but I didn't pick it up and it wasn't mentioned in the first post.  &mmm

So, my issue is this:

That, I believe, is the railway texture replacement mod (by NOBB?), and it is not functioning properly with the SAM.
I started testing the SAM a few minutes ago (I just LOVE the asphalt textures!), and apart from the red and black tiles, dark brown end tiles and all the regular issues that have been common (and addressed), this one bugs me a bit because that railway texture is my favourite.  &mmm

Any suggestions?

It seems as if it reverts back to the Maxis original (I can't even remember if that's what it looks like :P).
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

jplumbley

Hey M, the issue is I dont have the textures for NOBBs Rails or NCDs Rails, so currently I cannot make them compatible.  I do in the future want to make a "RAM" Rail Addon Mod which makes both of these texture sets into Draggable Texture Variations like I am doing with SAM.  But that is a ways down the road.

Street Addon Mod - SAM

M4346

So I'm going to have to stop using the SAM?  &mmm
New Horizons Productions

Shadow Assassin

QuoteHey M, the issue is I dont have the textures for NOBBs Rails or NCDs Rails, so currently I cannot make them compatible.

Try loading Nob's rail textures mod after the SAM. It'll override those textures, but may actually require a fix to allow compatibility with that particular set, since the rail crossings will default back to the normal asphalt crossing.

And if there are any ordinary rail textures in the SAM, I'd recommend removing them entirely (exceptions are the road/rail crossings) when the finished version is released. The reason why it's showing the default Maxis textures is because Nob, when making those pieces, actually edited the rail pieces rather than the base texture underneath.
New Horizons Productions
See my uploads on the LEX!

M4346

Thanks! I'll try that a.s.a.p.  and let you know. :thumbsup:
New Horizons Productions