• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SAM - Street Addon Mod

Started by jplumbley, June 25, 2007, 11:05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan B.

Why not put crosswalks on the streets, too?  A stop line before the crosswalks on the streets would show right-of-way preference to the road, like this:

Diggis

Generally speaking here an intersection with a street would not have crossings like that as they are not controlled, meaning that the cars wouldn't normally be stopping there.

DFire870

I thought the cars on the street had to stop at the road crossing, since those on the road have right-of-way? And I think crosswalks aren't needed on the streets because they generally aren't as busy as the roads -- although, not all roads have crosswalks where they intersect with streets (actually, I haven't seen that many like that).
After a long absence, I'm back! And I will be starting a new MD soon.

rickmastfan67

Quote from: DFire870 on August 15, 2007, 10:36:10 AM
I thought the cars on the street had to stop at the road crossing, since those on the road have right-of-way?

Most of the time, cars do have to stop on the street at an intersection with a road.  Plus 99.9% of the time, the steet has a stop sign on the side of the road.
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

HabLeUrG

well this was the original one..

or also like this one

JosefBrisko135

Streets on Kennedy Blvd in Tampa almost always have a brick cross walk even with stop signs on the street.
Although this is more for aesthetic purposes its still a case!
Your signature was TOO BIG and TOO BULKY ... System ADMIN

Diggis

Quote from: HabLeUrG on August 15, 2007, 02:56:15 PM
well this was the original one..

or also like this one

This is what I was thinking.

Dfire - You missunderstood me, which is understandable as what I wrote wasn't clear anyways.  I meant the crossings on the road wouldn't be there as the cars on the road wouldn't be stopping.

HabLeUrG

well I have seen some intersections like this...

JosefBrisko135

I would leave it as is, I don't see any intersections like that, atleast in Tampa.
Van Dyke Road which is a very rural road in North Tampa has a lot of tiny streets that lead to farms doesn't have any of those.
John F. Kennedy Blvd, as I mentioned before is the central blvd in Tampa and it has lots of tiny streets that run off of it (brick, asphault concrete etc) and it also doesn't have anything like that.
Highlands Ave in Tampa does have that center lane running the whole length of its 2 way ness until it becomes one way at Violet St a few blocks south of Hillsborough Ave.
I do like it though! I'm sure some cities have it
Your signature was TOO BIG and TOO BULKY ... System ADMIN

Tarkus

HabLeUrG:  I'd second JosefBrisko about leaving the texture as is (without the turn lane).  If anyone wants to add a center turn lane to the intersection, they will be able to easily upgrade it to a TLA-3 when the NWM (Network Widening Mod) comes out. 

Otherwise, those asphalt street textures are looking absolutely fantastic! :thumbsup:  They're something I've wanted for quite a long time, and I know there's many others out there as well. ;)

-Alex (Tarkus)

Starmanw402007

I'm anixously awaiting for the NWM to come out. It'll be new Ideas for me when I do my first city. I just have a hard time deciding how to grow my cites lol.

Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

jplumbley

To all who have been waiting for SAM... The wait for me coming back is over.  I am starting work back up today on the SAM project where I was away for 3 weeks from modding.

Thanks you Diggis and Hableurg for your awesome texturing while I was "away".  I am excited about the new texture sets that have been fixed up and completed.  Today I will be re-installing SC4 and updating it.  Then down to the dirty work tomorrow.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

DJGspinNhitz

Depending where you live cross walks are painted at all intersection where a traffic control device is in place. stop sign, traffic light, yeild sign. Cross walks are also now being required at all intersection where sidewalks are present on 2 sides of a street, road, or avenue. I work as an alternative transportation planner, it is one of my jobs to ensure pedestrian and bicycle safety through properly constructed intersections, bike lanes, sidewalks, and multi-purpose trails.
Just my 2 cents.
GQ
In wilderness I sense the miracle of life, and behind it our scientific accomplishments fade to trivia

Diggis

Can someone do me a favour?  I would like a few in game screen shots of intersections.  What I need are the 4 types of road/street T intersections and the 4 road/street X intersections.

ie:
S       S      S      S      S      S      R       R
RRR   RRR   SRR   SRR   RRR   SRR   SRR   SSS
S       R      R      S

Hope they make sense.  You should be able to get them all in 1 or 2 screen shots.  Also please do it without and plugins, so I can see the default looks. (I need to know where lights and crossings will occur)

jplumbley

Well.  This is the moment, I have been waiting for.

SAM is not ready for release yet so dont ask.  But, here is a picture of what I was able to achieve with the Puzzle Pieces Alex sent me last night.  Alex enjoy buddy, I know you will.

So, as you can see from this picture.  There are 4 different draggable texture sets somewhat completed.  This is a major step in the developement of the project.  These currently dont have any paths ready yet and there are a total of 7 texture sets slated to be released with the first release of SAM.  There will be no props (Stoplights, Stop Signs, etc.) in the BETA release.  What you see is what you will get plus 3 more texture sets.

Enjoy this teaser.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

bat

Heblem

Meastro444

Friend of the Certified Drama Queen :)