• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SAM - Street Addon Mod

Started by jplumbley, June 25, 2007, 11:05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

z

Quote from: Diggis on September 01, 2010, 12:26:17 AM
No, you don't.  SAM has been organised in such a way that adding new texture sets is very very easy, copy pasta job. 

Really?  You mean I can use my pasta-making machine to make new SAM textures?  That's great!  :D

travismking

:D I do have a question though, is it possible, in a fairly easy way, to make one of the SAM textures default instead of having to plop a starter piece on every little street? Of course this means getting rid of standard maxis street texture.

Tarkus

Quote from: travismking on September 01, 2010, 01:08:10 AM
:D I do have a question though, is it possible, in a fairly easy way, to make one of the SAM textures default instead of having to plop a starter piece on every little street? Of course this means getting rid of standard maxis street texture.

The unfortunate thing with the Maxis streets is that the IIDs don't follow a particularly uniform scheme like in the SAM.  The TGI Editor in the Reader would help to a great extent, but having done re-IIDing myself, it can still be rather tedious work.

-Alex

travismking

meh thats too much work, ill just use starter pieces :p Thanks tarkus :)

Aldini10

Quote from: Diggis on September 01, 2010, 12:26:17 AM
No, you don't.  SAM has been organised in such a way that adding new texture sets is very very easy, copy pasta job. 
Quote from: daeley on August 28, 2010, 03:16:05 AM
you can always make them yourself, you know...
Well... Maybe I will, but how?

Diggis

Look on the LEX under diggis.  There is a guide and some kerb lines there for you.

jdenm8

I believe that's NWM/SAM interconnectivity. Admittedly, it is only one texture which I never use, but at least it is being worked on.  :thumbsup:

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Aldini10

Quote from: Tarkus on September 06, 2010, 02:20:06 PM
Well . . . what's this?

-Alex
Now that just made my day! I am considering getting Diggis' awesome tool but I need 3ds Max for that.
Very nice development shot, I haven't seen an in game pic of SAM in a while. Alex, you are a lifesaver!

Diggis

Quote from: jdenm8 on September 06, 2010, 03:46:53 PM
I believe that's NWM/SAM interconnectivity. Admittedly, it is only one texture which I never use, but at least it is being worked on.  :thumbsup:

The texture is the smallest and easiest part of the process. Hence why I was doing it.  Get one texture set working and they all work.

Tarkus

Filling in a few other things . . .

Working with Set 2 until the RULs are in place . . . then it's copy-paste time.

-Alex

noahclem

travismking

jdenm8

Brilliant work! The deconversion under elevated networks and over some ground networks really bugged me.

Shadow Assassin

And this is a great opportunity to fix any bugs that may still be present in the SAM, as well.

Once we get Set 2 done and perfect, it can be c&p'd to the other networks, which is good.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Aldini10

Thanks Tarkus. The Nam Team has saved us once again! I much appreciate your work here. When it is released you bet I will download it asap. Yes, Shadow, this is a great time to do just that! :)

jdenm8

Good point SA. I linked to most of the posted SAM patches... somewhere. It'd be a good time to get them integrated and working to full effect.

samerton

Wow.. looking great! Good job!

Tarkus

Thanks for the kind words, guys!   :thumbsup:  Got all the Monorail crossings done last night . . . GLR will probably be up next, along with Elevated RHWs.  I'm also looking at a few options on the long-discussed "SAM stopping" issue.

And thanks for the list of SAM fixes, jdenm8!  I've just picked them all up and will merge them in.

-Alex