• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SAM - Street Addon Mod

Started by jplumbley, June 25, 2007, 11:05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

io_bg

Quote from: iron3001 on June 14, 2010, 01:19:50 PM
can I make a SAM street in diagonal way?
Yes, by dragging in zig-zag or by connecting a ploppable diagonal street piece with a SAMmed street.
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

iron3001

Quote from: io_bg on June 14, 2010, 01:29:39 PM
Yes, by dragging in zig-zag or by connecting a ploppable diagonal street piece with a SAMmed street.

any tutorial with picture? I don't really understand  ()what()

ShultzCity

iron3001, just drag a SAM street two tiles up. Then to the right one tile, then up, and continue until you get a diagonal.

For example:
    _
  _|
_|

Thats how the layout should look.
I'd love it if you could check out my photography! Click on of the links below:
http://www.jacobshultz.com.au
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jshultzphotography/

itfitzme

I'm finding that my SAM pieces have a bright white border on the anchor tile. It doesn't go away. (see photo) What might be causing this and how do I fix it?

Thanks

JonM

That is suppose to happen, just bulldoze it

Gaston

Quote from: JonM on July 01, 2010, 09:37:49 AM
That is suppose to happen, just bulldoze it
After you extend the street, then you can bullboze it.     The read me has pretty good instructions actually.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

itfitzme

Quote from: Gaston on July 01, 2010, 02:02:57 PM
After you extend the street, then you can bullboze it.     The read me has pretty good instructions actually.
---Gaston

Ah, yes...the readme...doh!

RebaLynnTS

We (the SimPeg team) are ready to move ahead on setting up a SAM variation with the SPAM Access Roads (SPAR). Please let me know who to talk to about this, and what is needed to proceed, if interested.
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

Diggis

Quote from: RebaLynnTS on July 03, 2010, 02:59:10 PM
We (the SimPeg team) are ready to move ahead on setting up a SAM variation with the SPAM Access Roads (SPAR). Please let me know who to talk to about this, and what is needed to proceed, if interested.

You'll need to download the SAM creation set on the LEX and follow the instructions in there.  Once you've finished the textures we'll talk further.

RebaLynnTS

Quote from: Diggis on July 12, 2010, 05:14:37 AM
You'll need to download the SAM creation set on the LEX and follow the instructions in there.  Once you've finished the textures we'll talk further.

Will do, thanks.
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

Aldini10

Question: Is SAM compatible with street cul de sacs?

ShultzCity

Quote from: Aldini10 on July 13, 2010, 02:33:24 PM
Question: Is SAM compatible with street cul de sacs?

SAM streets do not have any culdesacs unless they are specifically textured that way by the creator. Having said this, it will still run perfectly well with the cul de sac mod.
I'd love it if you could check out my photography! Click on of the links below:
http://www.jacobshultz.com.au
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jshultzphotography/

zhdason

I downloaded the 2010 NAM, as well as the RHW, NWM a few weeks ago and have been using them, and I just downloaded the SAM a couple days ago.  Whenever I try to build a SAM street and intersect it with a regular street/road, a large section of the regular road turns into a SAM street.  I've read the readme and am familiar with using the starter piece followed by the street tool and deleting the puzzle piece once a large enough piece of SAM is built.  I also noticed that the readme mentioned how SAM streets may revert to vanilla streets in certain situations, but nothing about vanilla streets turning to SAm streets.  Can someone help me out?  This is the first time I've ever installed any NAM components so I wouldn't have any old files in the plugins folder, I guess.

jdenm8

Any street connected to a SAM street using any compatible method will become a SAM street.
That's the main difference between the SAM and every other puzzle-override network out there, you connect it, it'll become it.

Separate it with a very short stretch of road to form a transition.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Diggis

Quote from: zhdason on August 09, 2010, 12:36:27 AM
I downloaded the 2010 NAM, as well as the RHW, NWM a few weeks ago and have been using them, and I just downloaded the SAM a couple days ago.  Whenever I try to build a SAM street and intersect it with a regular street/road, a large section of the regular road turns into a SAM street.  I've read the readme and am familiar with using the starter piece followed by the street tool and deleting the puzzle piece once a large enough piece of SAM is built.  I also noticed that the readme mentioned how SAM streets may revert to vanilla streets in certain situations, but nothing about vanilla streets turning to SAm streets.  Can someone help me out?  This is the first time I've ever installed any NAM components so I wouldn't have any old files in the plugins folder, I guess.

You can not intersect SAM streets with normal street.  It's an override for the normal street.  You also can't intersect 2 SAM streets.  You need a road/OWR/Avenue in between to allow the change.

zhdason

Quote from: Diggis on August 09, 2010, 06:13:24 AM
You can not intersect SAM streets with normal street.  It's an override for the normal street. 

Thanks Diggis, I suspected this might be the case originally, so I also tried replacing the normal street with a road, but still when I drag a SAM street piece to intersect with the normal road, the road turns into whatever SAM street I am trying to place. 

Also, thanks jdenm8, that's good to know.

EDIT:  Okay, I went back and tried to make the SAM street that I wanted again, and now everything works fine.  I don't know what was the problem before, I could've sworn that I was having my roads (not streets) turn into SAM streets when intersecting them before.  Regardless, everything seems to be working fine now.  By the way, I'm really digging these SAM streets!

Thanks, guys or gals.

Diggis

Lol, yeah, there is no way the roads where changing.  Glad you got it working.

TiFlo

@ zhdason

I'm a bit late here, but maybe you can find this SAM Stopper set useful.

PzSniper

Is SAM v3 NAM 2010 r29 compatible?

Andreas

The SAM part hasn't been touched, so it should be compatible. :)
Andreas