• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SAM - Street Addon Mod

Started by jplumbley, June 25, 2007, 11:05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

catty

Quote from: j-dub on May 23, 2010, 10:35:36 AM
MoreOptions, are you referring to the tall grey power lines instead of the red and white ones. I thought the name of the person that did the draggable grey ones was Fukuda. Those power lines may be on the LEX, because I thought thats where I downloaded them from.

The other thing MoreOptions, is on the STEX there is another power line mod that gets rid of the power lines all together so you can place lot based power line poles down instead. It is incompatible with the mod I mentioned above though. Unfortunately, I do not have the exact links.

Pegasus has done a grey power line here

http://www.simpeg.com/forum/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=437

sorry I don't have the STEX links and also something to use in place of power lines "PEG Underground Conduit" here

http://www.simpeg.com/forum/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=434

SIDETRACK from SAM   &ops
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

imperialmog

Is there any work in getting the SAM compatable with the Network widening mod?

sim-al2

There shouldn't be any issues but I haven't done much with the NWM yet. I can't imagine that they would conflict.

[Edit] Just noticed your other post,it makes the forums tider if you only post an issue in one thread. What kind of problem are you having?
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

deathtopumpkins

There are currently not any intersections between SAM streets and NWM networks. Drawing such an intersection will break the NWM overrides. This functionality will possibly be added in a future release.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

sim-al2

Yeah I think I'll actually test stuff before posting about it... ;D
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

JayStimson

Greetings:
I recently found SAM V3 (I saw a pic in a thread using PEG dirt streets) that had diagonal dirt streets. One of the reasons I never used PEG's dirt streets is that he never provided diagonal capability. Anyhow ...
Now that I have SAM V3 with PEG's dirt streets (and with diagonals !!!) I can revamp my farming communities with significant visual improvement. So,
first let me say thanks to all of you who created this great mod.
Now for the meat of the story.
I wanted to LE my custom farm lots to match the textures of the PEG dirt streets but did not find the appropriate base texture available (low wealth) in the LE. So, being the modestly resourceful guy that I am, I extracted the fsh files from the SAM - 3 - PEGs Dirt Road Textures.dat file and created new base textures adding them to the same .dat file. The question I have is this:
Since I let SC4 Tool assign the instance ID's for the new base textures, I want to know:
Does the SAM team want a copy of the file I made so you can add the base textures to the next SAM version and ...
do you have instance ID's you want me use rather than the ones SC4 Tool gave me.
Either way is okay with me. I have what I want so I'm happy. Just thought I'd try to be more globally correct.

Here's a pic to show how the textures now match perfectly (no abrupt changes).

http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=23&threadid=71997&enterthread=y&STARTPAGE=9

Freedom is never free.

Andreas

When converting transit textures into lot textures, the only thing that you should change is the group ID (from 0x1ABE787D to 0x0986135E). There's no further editing needed, and it won't collide with any other texture ID range that way. The easiest way for publishing those textures would be to include them in a DAT and publish this DAT with your lots, or as an external dependency file.
Andreas

JayStimson

Andreas: I did not know that, nor ever noticed it. Change the group ID... hmmm. Easy enough. Thanks.
Freedom is never free.

Andreas

You can do that method for all textures that are intended for draggable networks (Puzzle Piece textures are color-corrected, since the game somehow displays them lighter than network or lot textures). :)
Andreas

Tarkus

I'm almost wondering if perhaps including a set of Lot Editor textures in the mod itself may be a viable option--I did that recently with the RHW.

-Alex

Andreas

Yeah, that might be an option if the SAM gets updated some day. For the GLR stuff, we decided to include a set of textures in the SFBT Essentials, as there are SFBT tram stations for most GLR networks.
Andreas

dragonshardz

I've noticed that the T21s for SAM streets don't work quite right, as in, nothing shows up save the street texture itself. No roadside props whatsoever. Are there any mods that might conflict with them?

~~dragonshardz~~

Andreas

The T21s are basically copies of the Maxis street T21's, so the same streetlights and such should show up (but only on brick and asphalt steets, IIRC, I removed them from the rural ones). There might be other SAM T21's in the wild, try loading the ones for the SAM last (by putting them into a zzz_ folder at the very end of your plugins folder).
Andreas

dragonshardz

Actually, all the SAM sets have T21 files except Set 1 and Set 6.

Andreas

There is no Set 6 yet. ;) For Set 1, someone created some preliminary T21s; once the SAM gets updated, those could be included as well.
Andreas

RebaLynnTS

Over at SimPeg, the PEGPROD Team (Pegasus, Paeng, and I) are making some new street textures that would be nice to have in the SAM.
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

Andreas

That's nice to know. Make sure to post about the progress here as well, since most of the SAM developers are persona non grata at PEG's place, unfortuantely.
Andreas

RebaLynnTS

Quote from: Andreas on June 07, 2010, 06:00:40 PM
That's nice to know. Make sure to post about the progress here as well, since most of the SAM developers are persona non grata at PEG's place, unfortuantely.

You can count on it. You might consider me the SimPeg ambassador to SC4D  :)
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

Diggis

Quote from: RebaLynnTS on June 07, 2010, 09:36:15 PM
You can count on it. You might consider me the SimPeg ambassador to SC4D  :)

Something to bear in mind, which might sour peg to the idea is that any new sets would have to be included into the original SAM upload.  This is so that the SAM works out of the box.  Otherwise the only other option would be to create an override for a network.

j-dub

You mean overriding existing SAM sets already occupied? I don't see why "a" network would be something other then a street. I still have that type of occurrence right now, instead of the Herringbone brick streets, Nerdly's cracked street texture is using the SAM 2 spot instead. It would be nice to see that variation not over ride the existing, but I am not going to beg for it.

I don't usually now get to go to other forums because of RL time, but seeing what new textures are developed are always interesting.