• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SAM - Street Addon Mod

Started by jplumbley, June 25, 2007, 11:05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaston

I still have them but unlike the FAR pieces the ones for SAM don't seem to be able to plop on top of already placed streets.      I'll try to explain (sorry no pics).   With the road pieces, I can "draw" in a 45 degree corner then come back and plop a FAR 45 degree radiused corner ontop of it and POOF it changes to the proper look.    With FAR for SAM I have to demolish the offending sharp edged 45 and replace it with the piece that is radiused.   This can be very challenging at times.

Also, Are there any plans to release any new street textures for SAM?     I attempted to make my own using the tutorial, but just don't have the skill or patients.    &ops

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

Tarkus

Gaston, as far as the SAM curves go, it's likely due to how the CheckTypes are set up in the RUL file.  I may take a look at that. 

And as far as new sets go, as I mentioned to Flatron on the last page, it's really just a matter of someone making one.  The modding part is pretty much in place already.

-Alex

LOPAN

I'm getting white blankets alongside some roads when I plop them! What is that?

Thanks to SC4Devotion and all those who create custom content for SC4, without you SC4 is nothing

deathtopumpkins

That's because you needed to read the readme.  ;) The pieces with the white background are just the starter pieces, you then drag from them with the street tool, and once you've dragged 6 tiles away you can bulldoze the starter piece.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

io_bg

... or you can bulldoze only the square with the white background and then again drag (this is quite useful if you have to build a street shorter than 6 tiles)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

LOPAN

Quote from: deathtopumpkins on August 09, 2009, 10:04:46 PM
That's because you needed to read the readme.  ;) The pieces with the white background are just the starter pieces, you then drag from them with the street tool, and once you've dragged 6 tiles away you can bulldoze the starter piece.

thanks! as the readme doesn't mention about this white thing I thought there was something wrong
Thanks to SC4Devotion and all those who create custom content for SC4, without you SC4 is nothing

deathtopumpkins

Just for future reference, the readme in fact does.  :P The section "How to start a SAM texture variation" describes it step-by-step.

But it can still be quite complicated for newcomers, so I hope you get it all working!  :)
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

dragonshardz

Those aren't actually tunnels, they are TE lots that convert street traffic to subway traffic and back.

Though it does solve that problem in at least the short term, I do remember making street tunnels at one point but there were no entrance models. Anyone care to elaborate on that?

Swamper77

Quote from: dragonshardz on September 26, 2009, 04:20:58 PM
Though it does solve that problem in at least the short term, I do remember making street tunnels at one point but there were no entrance models. Anyone care to elaborate on that?

The street network did that only with select slope mods that were badly designed. Maxis never intended for the street network to have tunnels, so there are no models in the game files for them. Same applies to the Elevated Rail network as well. Maxis never intended for it to tunnel through hillsides.

-Jan
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

joelyboy911

The rural highway will do the same thing for me, on occasion. It makes a hole in the hillside, but I don't think the paths work.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

dragonshardz

Right. Thanks for clearing that up, Jan!

z

RTMT stations for SAM streets are now available on the LEX in the newly-released RTMT Add-On Pack V3.60.  There are 15 new stations for seven of the eight  currently existing SAM textures.  (There is no room for stations on the parking lot textures.)  All stations are single-square.  For each of the four paved textures, there is a bus stop, a subway station, and a combination bus stop and subway station.  For the two dirt textures and the gravel texture, there are simply bus stops.  These stations can be plopped successfully whenever there is at least one square of SAM texture on either side of the station.  However, demolishing these stations may cause the surrounding pavement to revert to the default street texture if there are not enough SAM squares present.

Here's a sample picture of a couple of these stations:

FrankU

Awesome!  /&HiPP/%

What can I say more....  &apls  &apls  &apls  ()flower()

crucified

Quote from: HabLeUrG on June 25, 2007, 11:33:01 PM
wow that will be alot of work to do  :thumbsup: &apls im eager to see how this turns  ;)
:angrymore: I have no idea how to download anything off of this site???

io_bg

Quote from: crucified on October 22, 2009, 08:45:32 AM
:angrymore: I have no idea how to download anything off of this site???
First, welcome to SC4Devotion! Second, you need to register separately at the LEX. Hope this helps you ;)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Jon010

uh, why did Cleanitol try to move my SAM? It screwed everything up and now I only have straight road sections.

Diggis

what cleanitol file were you running?

s_olah

Question...Does SAM restate the original dirt under railtracks. Cause i hadn't had any because of PEG;s no dirt under rail mod, but now i have, and I don't know what's causing it...
Can someone help me?
BTW, i tried those SAM compatible streettop bus and subwaystops, and they are just perfect, congrats.

Jon010

Quote from: Diggis on November 01, 2009, 04:55:29 AM
what cleanitol file were you running?

It's called Cleanitol_StreetAddonMod. I believe it's the correct one because I undid its relocation and the straight bit (and only the straight bit) showed up.