• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SAM - Street Addon Mod

Started by jplumbley, June 25, 2007, 11:05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nerdly_dood

Plus, you can make the streets blend in better with Hableurg's black streets, that looks a lot better...and if you can't see the difference between a road and a street, just look for the double yellow (or dashed white) line.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

FrankU

The SAM is fabulous!
I use it since two weeks and I already can't work without it.

A question though:
Because short streets are not stable it is hard to make short dirt streets up to my farms. Is it perhaps possible to make puzzle pieces of all the textures in the same way there are puzzle pieces for the GLR?

kassarc16

Quote from: FrankU on May 18, 2008, 06:03:30 AM
A question though:
Because short streets are not stable it is hard to make short dirt streets up to my farms. Is it perhaps possible to make puzzle pieces of all the textures in the same way there are puzzle pieces for the GLR?

It is possible to make short stretches. Bulldoze the slightly off-color part of the starter piece. It should leave a one tile bit of either road or rail, and dragging across that one tile will allow you to start the same texture on just a 3 tile stretch.

Also, and correct me if I'm wrong, but using two of those stubs side-by-side allows you to stop one texture and start another. I'm not sure on that, though, since I haven't tried myself.

Unassigned

Is it possible to make a straight piece of vanilla SC4 street continue onwards as a PEG Dirt Road? If so, how can it be done? My problem is that when I connect the dirt road and the vanilla street, a stretch of street changes into dirt road (I have an example where 8 tiles change and the change even jumps over a street/road intersection).

(Disclaimer: Yes, I did try to check if this issue has already been discussed)
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

xxdita

Nope. You can't have street/SAM intersections, or SAM/SAM for that matter.

Unassigned

Thanks for answering, I'll work around it using a bit of road instead of a street.

IRL minor asphalt roads changing into dirt roads happens in many rural settings in my bit of the world.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Diggis

Quote from: Unassigned on May 19, 2008, 03:38:18 AM
Thanks for answering, I'll work around it using a bit of road instead of a street.

IRL minor asphalt roads changing into dirt roads happens in many rural settings in my bit of the world.

Here too, and we are looking into the situation.   ;)

SimsReporter

Yippee, 50th Page, Way To Go SAM  :satisfied:
Come visit My (SLR) Project Thread. Located in the Nam Creations Forum.

dragonshardz

btw, for those interested, I encountered on the STEX a set of TE lots that are labeled as "texture transition lots" for the SAM.

nerdly_dood

Those have already been discussed, and a consensus was reached that the NAM team does not approve of them because they are of the loathed transit-enabled lot variety.  Also, the transition from SAM street to plain ol' Maxis street is too abrupt and unrealistic.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.

dragonshardz

@n_d: I know that they are TE-lots, I was just posting that for the sake of people asking about SAM-Maxis street transitions. I know also that the NAM Team does not like TE-lots, however this was one person's solution for a problem so don't diss it.

~~Dragonshardz~~

Shadow Assassin

It is good as a temporary situation, at least until steps can be taken to have compatibility between SAM pieces.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

nerdly_dood

Right, i'm not dissing or flaming, but still, that's just what the NAM team has said in past discussions.  (personally, I think they get a 6/10 - not truly horrible, but not really great either - a temporary fix)

dragonshardz

Which is what I suppose the creator intended them as.   :thumbsup:

sgt

HI,
I'm new, and I'm from italy so excuse me for my bad english...

I've a problem with SAM, you see it in this pics:

the orange/brown box when I try to "T" connect road with Herringbone Streets

In the plugins folder I've only the newest version of NAM and SAM, no other mods.
any suggestion?
thank you!

jplumbley

Quote from: sgt on May 29, 2008, 03:53:08 PM
HI,
I'm new, and I'm from italy so excuse me for my bad english...

I've a problem with SAM, you see it in this pics:

the orange/brown box when I try to "T" connect road with Herringbone Streets

In the plugins folder I've only the newest version of NAM and SAM, no other mods.
any suggestion?
thank you!

That brown box means there is a missing texture...  There was a patch released a pageoro back by Diggis, Im not sure if it addressed this missing texture, but I remember it addressed some missing textures.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Diggis

Hmmm, I don't recall that one being a problem.  I'll look into it.

sgt

Hi,
there's an update,

the problems show only if there is a building in front of the "T" connection like in the pic under

Tarkus

sgt, I've found out what was causing your problem.

The textures for that intersection in SAM Set 2, 0x5e551200-0x5e551204 were set to the Overlay Texture GID (0x0986135e) instead of the Transit Texture GID (0x1abe787d). 

Attached here is a patch--I would recommend placing it in your Plugins\Network Addon Mod\Street Addon Mod\Textures folder.  Thanks for spotting that!

-Alex (Tarkus)

Diggis