• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SAM - Street Addon Mod

Started by jplumbley, June 25, 2007, 11:05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ennedi

Thank you very much, I will test it next few days  :thumbsup:

I'm sure it will be something really special  :)
Now relax please after this all hard work, best wishes for all SAM team for 2008!
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

SC4BOY

I have kind of a goofy question. How do I STOP the variations? hehe. I used the parking lots along a street front and everytime I try to connect to them they convert all my connection stuff to parking lots.. which I don't want.
Thanks.

JoeST

I dont think you can.... I believe this is something to do with the stability  ()what() But what works is dragging a 2 tile stretch of road between them, thats the only way I think.

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Lollo

I've just downloaded the SAM and I've to say that it is great! Thank you SAM team! I hope the technology you found can be useful for the creation of addons such as a hypotetical "Rail Addon Mod" or even a "Avenue/Boulevard Addon Mod".

Keep an eye on the Lair!

SC4BOY

would it work if I deleted the "starter strip"? I note something is mentioned about deleting those.. My experience is from the LAST version, not the new release.. I haven't used the new one yet except a quick test in a sandbox

JoeST

uh... you ARE supposed to delete the starter piece anyway, lol. but you have to drag a certain amount of tiles before it is stable without the starter piece, and no deleting it doesnt affect the problem you are having unfortunatly

Joe

mr.v

()sad() it doesn't work.
just blank, tab or home/end still blank  ()sad()

see? it's blank.

mr.v

JoeST

mr.v

Quote from: Warrior on January 01, 2008, 02:23:12 PM
You have removed SAM v1?
i don't have it. this is first install of sam.

mr.v

recyclerman

First, let me say I don't as a rule comment too often about the work being done on the NAM.  I prefer to quietly wait and observe, but I have to speak up now.  I ave downloaded the SAM and have absolutely fallen in lust with it.  BRAVO!! &apls &apls &apls to the SAM team!!  At first, I didn't really think it was something I wanted, but having followed the progress with it, I am thrilled with it.  My farming communities now look like farming communities!  However, I have run into a minor glitch.  I seem to be getting some rendering snafus when I use the SAM in the vacinity of the RHW.  THe following links show what I am talking about.

http://home.comcast.net/~recyclerman/pic1.JPG

http://home.comcast.net/~recyclerman/pic2.JPG

The herringbone streets are the main issue.  I have used the others with the only problem being the approach tile to the RHW is rendered backwards.  I suspect it is one of my other mods and am working to identify the exact cause.  It hasn't stopped me from graveling all of my rural paths though!

Again, BRAVO!!

Recyclerman

Jonathan

mr.v: It sounds like ti should be working I don't know ask JPlumbley or Tarkus
recyclerman : The exact cause is actaully not a mod conflict but an IID with the wrong texture in the SAM files, I''m sure JPlumbley will sort it out soon.
EDIT: I don't think I answered right.
The RHW bug is normal, and not a bug.
The SAM issue is in the thread star.tortuer linked to above

JoeST

the second picture of recyclemans isnt anything to do with the SAM I dont think... i got that with just the RHW, and as Warrior says its just a missing texture. and the other obvious fault in the first picture was pointed out here and figured out there after

Joe

Starmanw402007

Thanks for the new sam beta v2 guys. This is a great way to begin 2008 season! KEEP UP the GREAT WORK!

Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

recyclerman

Thanks Warrior and star.torturer.  I am thinking that the RHW issue may be solved soon.  I am getting crosseyed changing sooo many streets!!!  New life into this game - the modders are the best!

Recyclerman

jplumbley

Quote from: SC4BOY on January 01, 2008, 09:11:10 AM
I have kind of a goofy question. How do I STOP the variations? hehe. I used the parking lots along a street front and everytime I try to connect to them they convert all my connection stuff to parking lots.. which I don't want.
Thanks.

You cannot.  This is one limitation of SAM, once you start a texture variation you cannot stop it.  Another limitation is SAM/SAM Intersections are impossible unless they are made into puzzle pieces.  This may or may not happen some time in the future, but not any time soon.

Once you start a texture varitation it overrides the original textures for the Street set.  Since there is only one set of textures for the original set, there can only be one override of it.
Quote from: mr.v on January 01, 2008, 01:58:51 PM
()sad() it doesn't work.
just blank, tab or home/end still blank  ()sad()

see? it's blank.

I have never seen this problem before.  Can you show a picture of your Plguins folder where SAM was installed.  Id like to see both your NAM Folder and the NAM\SAM Folder.

Quote from: recyclerman on January 01, 2008, 02:38:50 PM
First, let me say I don't as a rule comment too often about the work being done on the NAM.  I prefer to quietly wait and observe, but I have to speak up now.  I ave downloaded the SAM and have absolutely fallen in lust with it.  BRAVO!! &apls &apls &apls to the SAM team!!  At first, I didn't really think it was something I wanted, but having followed the progress with it, I am thrilled with it.  My farming communities now look like farming communities!  However, I have run into a minor glitch.  I seem to be getting some rendering snafus when I use the SAM in the vacinity of the RHW.  THe following links show what I am talking about.

http://home.comcast.net/~recyclerman/pic1.JPG

http://home.comcast.net/~recyclerman/pic2.JPG

The herringbone streets are the main issue.  I have used the others with the only problem being the approach tile to the RHW is rendered backwards.  I suspect it is one of my other mods and am working to identify the exact cause.  It hasn't stopped me from graveling all of my rural paths though!

Again, BRAVO!!

Recyclerman

SAM Error 1
As it would seem and has been noted in a few PMs and a couple times already we have missed a IID mix up.  I will have to make a patch for this, but will wait a few days to do it since there could very well be another error pointed out.

SAM Error 2
This is a "Texture Revertion"...  The issue is that it is a Vanilla texture and SAM/RHW Intersections have not been created yet.  That in itself is another version of SAM.  As we all know SAM is a Beta version for this very reason, it is not 100% finished.  We have gotten some of the most major components finished so far and I have to say I am proud of how far we have gotten.  There is always more that can be done.

In the future, SAM will be intergrated to include RHW, TLA, Wider Avenue, RAM (Rail Addon Mod) intersections.  There are some other things from the Vanilla game that need to be added still such as Monorail and El-Rail underpasses, El_Highway underpasses, etc.  I know people want diagonals, but that will be another endevor on its own.

Thank you everyone for your support.  I have sorted out my internet issues and should be getting the MAC version and Patched version updated.  I hope everyone is enjoying this version so far.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM