• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SAM - Street Addon Mod

Started by jplumbley, June 25, 2007, 11:05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diggis

Quote from: jplumbley on December 19, 2007, 08:34:46 AM
BTW... SAM has just past 16,000 views today!!   :thumbsup:  &apls  &apls  &apls

And 600 posts!!!  Fitting it was yours.  I've sent you the textures for Pegs Gravel roads.  I'll do the other dirt ones tomorrow.   Then it's just FSHing (tomorrow mornings job) the cobbles and then the asphalt ones.  We should be all good to go soon, although after christmas I will go through the textures and make sure I am happy with how all of them look.  I think there are some that are larger than the Alphas we are using.  &mmm

Filasimo

great job guys!  :thumbsup: jolly bells are ringing and folly snears were hearing  ::) keep it going all!
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

dragonshardz

Great guys! SAM beta v2: closer than you think.

jplumbley

Ive been bored this afternoon at work so I did something useful.  I put together the SAM BETA v2 Upload picture:

Coming Soon!
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

nerdly_dood

WHOA!!!   roundabouts!!!!

major &apls
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Starmanw402007

thanks for the update jplumbley, Looking for to using SAM BETA V2. Keep Up The Great Work. And I agree with Nerdly_dood make that

Double Major:  &apls &apls.

Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Steven's Point
Your Friend;
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

DFire870

Ooh, I can't wait for the next beta to be released. I hope you remembered to include the ending for the gravel streets this time. ;)

-- John
After a long absence, I'm back! And I will be starting a new MD soon.

Crissa

Hey, looking at the SAM textures; there seems to be four ground textures plus a tile sidewalk used in the basic tiles?  Does anyone have the plain textures that belong to these?

-Crissa

Diggis

OK, the long awaited Dirt roads.  These are Pegs.  I haven't packaged up Trolcas yet.

And finally, in game, for the first time ever the new and improved cobblestone textures.  (while I say new and improved I actually mean I've reverted to the original textures with the granite kerbs because I liked them much better  :thumbsup:)

Crissa

I know this is dumb, but where's the dirt spread onto the pavement by the truck?  The road needs to be dirty there.  So needs to be dirty.

-Crissa

PS, does anyone have a shot of the paths over a piece of street?  I wouldn't want to offer my set with a planter or curb in the wrong place.

Diggis

Crissa, what truck are you talking about?  The one in the pic? It's just the one that travels down the roas as it's laid.

It's not possible get the Automata to spread the texture around.

bat

These new pictures are looking really great!
Nice!

Shadow Assassin

No, I think Crissa means like as if it's being used by traffic... dirt just stays there most of the time.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Diggis

I did try to represent that.  Once I have the rest done I will revisit them somewhat.

Shadow Assassin

Well, personally, it really doesn't bother me.

But I love those cobblestone streets, man!
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

jplumbley

I know Andreas will be happy with the Cobblestone Streets!!  He's the one who asked me for them in the first place.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Andreas

Oh, I am very happy about those indeed. :) The dirt roads look a bit funny because there aren't any transitions, but I guess there's no fix for that. Now we only need those sand street textures, and I'm in heaven.  :thumbsup:
Andreas

Starmanw402007

The cobblestone & dirt street look awesome. Keep'em Coming guys.

Your Friend;
Your Friend;

nerdly_dood

Great work people!

I thought that roundabouts would have the same situation as the diagonal streets, this is :thumbsup:
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Palpatine001

Looking great there indeed, yes a shame transition pieces for dirt roads to concrete roads couldnt be done but I am not complaining on

Such execellent work  &apls  :thumbsup:
Now Idle
Please leave a message after the beep and I'll get to you as soon as I can bother