• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

St Barbara Church

Started by tag_one, March 08, 2009, 12:50:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tag_one

Proudly I present my newest project to you, the st Barbara Church.
Inspired by some Dutch churches I started batting some time ago. After quite a lot of time I finally got a result that looked good to me. I rendered the building, made a nice lot, assembled a custom query and transformed the building into a reward.

And the nightlights:

I hope you like my church as much as I do  :)

BarbyW

Lovely church indeed. I look forward to trying that out in GRV II.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

vester

tag_one

DebussyMan

Visit my new MD: Emerita Augusta 1910 - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15184.0

art128

That church looks really wonderful my friend.
The details are nice, and textures looks great to me, just maybe the curved part of the roof at the back, I don't really love how the texture turn...  ;)
The lots is also nice, great choice of flowers and flora.

Arthur.  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

tag_one

DebussyMan, Thanks

Arthur, thanks for your reply. I'm glad to hear you like it. I'm also not very happy about the texture on the curved part. Somehow I can't make it look nice. I tried different things like bumpmaps but the look remains the same.
Anyone have an idea?

daeley

very nice BATting and lotting!  &apls the details are superb!
1. Install SC4+RH
2. Install LEX (CD&DVD helps) and latest NAM + updates
3. Play the game
4. ? ? ? ?
5. Profit!

kimcar

:o &apls &aplsWow wonderfull work mate. Great details  :thumbsup:

tag_one

Thanks Dealey and Kimcar! The file is now on the private lex for scrutineering. Those who have access to the private lex can already play with it  ;)

Nardo69

Great modell I must confess - one of these kind of churches you can find almost anywhere in Middle Europe within minor variations. There will allways be a demantd for churches like the St. Barbara.   :satisfied:
:thumbsup:
BTW there is an old church ruin not far away from my old high school in the neighbour village which is also a St. Barbara ...

The only thing I don't like too much is that garden around the church - ist it possible to make an alternative lot with plaster etc. for more urban quarters?

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

SimGoober

On that "round" part... is that one peice or three?  I tend to make roof like that one as different pieces.  Use the line tool to make a triangle, move the vertices to make the shape, then extrude it out .1 meter.  Then you can apply a UVW map to that one piece, and rotate it around to line up correctly.  I've never been able to get it to look right if the whole thing is one piece....
When life just blows ... Fukitol!

tag_one

Bernhard.Thanks I'm glad you like this little church. I deliberately made the lot with lots of greenery instead of stone to make it fit in a more rural scene. Imo this lot fits the church the best :)

Jeff. Thanks for your reply. I indeed made the round part of the roof out of a single part. I now changed it to three sections with new UVW maps. Unfortunately there's hardly a difference visible &mmm.
I guess I'll use copper plates on the roof of my next church, much less problematic than those tiles :D

jeanmi

FrankU

Really beautiful, this church!  &apls

jacqulina