• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your Rural areas

Started by mjig_dudy, December 18, 2006, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khiyana

A little place to pick up...

dedgren

Khiyana- that's a "bees buzzing, warm sun on your face" pic if I ever saw one.

Here's a selection of recent rural pics from 3RR.

Later.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

EDGE4194

&apls beautiful shots david. I love the rural simplicity  :thumbsup:

rooker1

David your last pic to your post is incredible.  The illusion that the road is curved is breath taking. 
I think you should post that in the SC4 Picture Contest.  As a matter of fact I dare you too.  I think the pic would be perfect if it had a tractor driving on the side of the road and a car driving the opposite way.

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

Nardo69

Dave, these shots are just great - spectacular unspectacular, and they made me think it is overdue to visiti 3RR again ... ;)

Nothing but great art!   &apls

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

girlfromverona

A couple of pics of the rural area I'm working on at the moment:

A game of football in a field...

A cattle auction in progress...

jmyers2043

Hello GirlfromVerona ... WOW! Two excellent pictures.

I haven't seen the cattle auction for such a long time. I tried to do a similar building back when I got started with the bat some three years ago. But I was too new to the bat and my efforts were never as good as Colyn's lot. I like the neighborhood in the first picture. It shows that you can have an attractive looking SimCity without all those high wealth homes and skyscrapers. You've done some good lotting. The neighborhood soccer pitch being one of them. I don't recognize the dirt shoulders? Who's are those? I need to do a search I think.

You can post more of your images here ... Please ...  and I'll be your number one fan.

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Andreas

Those are some lovely rural shots indeed, girlfromverona. :) If I'm not mistaken, those dirt sholders are part of PEG's gravel textures, that are available via the Street Addon Mod. The cattle auction looks great, and so is the rural soccer pitch and the drive-in cinema.
Andreas

zero7

Call me Richard

EDGE4194

Quote from: jmyers2043 on May 04, 2008, 07:15:14 AM
Hello GirlfromVerona ... WOW! Two excellent pictures.

i totally agree! very good job, and would love to see some more pics also.  :thumbsup:

Richard, nice job using jeronij's old walls. I've been a fan of your BATs for some time and its nice to see a pic from you.

girlfromverona

Thanks for the comments, guys. (It means a lot coming from you, jmyers - you are one of my SC4 heroes!) :)

I'm afraid I can't take credit for most of the lots I've used (football field, drive-in theatre, etc). I only make very basic "filler" type lots and occasionally make minor changes to lots I've downloaded.

Anyway, here are a couple more shots:

Does anyone have any suggestions for putting street bridges "over" transparent water? I've used a bridge from Peg's Stream Kit, but it doesn't fit in quite as well as I'd like. (As you can probably tell, I'm a bit of a perfectionist...)

Toichus Maximus

I use the JRJ culverts from his water set for small streams (you need lots of rocks at the mouths so it looks ok), and the rain mod for legit bridges over big water. Your pics are really nice, tho! I like 'em alot

threestooges

That first pic is really nice. The water blends seamlessly and naturally with the land. The bridge part looks good too. As far as putting a bridge over the water, I've never made streams small enough to have to deal with that issue; I usually just widen the stream a bit and make an actual road or street bridge for the three tiles or so. I agree with Toichus about the culverts, but I have yet to find the right combination of effects. I'd like to see what you come up with though.

FrankU

As far as I can see you fit them beautifully together.

But how did you fit the PTW and Simgoobers canal? In the pic you hid this point with a lot of trees, but that is what I call cheating!

And where did you get those nice fences?

girlfromverona

Quote from: FrankU on May 07, 2008, 01:49:45 AMBut how did you fit the PTW and Simgoobers canal? In the pic you hid this point with a lot of trees, but that is what I call cheating!

Hehe - nope, no cheating involved. Just a lot of rocks. ;)

Quote from: FrankU on May 07, 2008, 01:49:45 AMAnd where did you get those nice fences?

I think the fences were made by Cycledogg - I just got Andreas' filler lots and adapted them slightly.

jmyers2043

Quotebut that is what I call cheating!

I call it creativity. (besides, I think that frank is pulling your leg). I often use trees when I make lots to hide small imprefections.
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

dedgren

This thread is where I come to steal ideas do research for 3RR's rural areas.  There's always so much beauty here-

-but Marisa (girlfromverona), I am floored.  You hide your light under that bushel very well, ma'am.  Those pics of rural development are flat-out gorgeous.  You have an eye...

That's not to slight all the other great pics here.  Thanks to all for the nice comments about mine, but there's just always so much talent on display.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Nardo69

I recently opened an old map from 2005 and made these shots - without slope mod, without BSC&CSX farms and only little other custom farms except from ihaka's Rural Variety Pack, and Maxis trees instead of the Columbus mod. I installed all these things later ...  %confuso

I guess I can say that I wasn't the worst rural player at that time ...   :satisfied:  ;D

Have fun!

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

dedgren

QuoteI guess I can say that I wasn't the worst rural player at that time ...

Bernhard, I guess I would say that you were probably the best rural player at that time.

...and it's not like you've slacked off any since, my friend...

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

warszawa

Heres mine from my Warsaw CJ.

Visit my Warsaw, Poland MD.