• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

dobdriver's maps

Started by dobdriver, November 16, 2009, 05:43:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

portlandexpos04

Ah, of course the day after my post you release an awesome San Francisco map!  Haha, can I take back my Rome/Moscow request for a San Jose map?  Basically everything south of where your SF map ends?

marsh

Even more Beautiful maps.  &apls

Although I need to get someone else to render the San Fransisco map for me. It's just too big >.> Even once it's in game I may cut off the eastern portion to make it more manageable. I really want to use it. :)

Keep putting out these wonderful maps.  :thumbsup:

portlandexpos04

What happened to the San Francisco map on the STEX?

supremec

Once more you did fabulous maps, I like them!!
Click on the banner to see my BATs

diamonddog_74

Any plans for a map of Montréal, QC? There doesn't seem to be a good one out there of that city with accurate elevations. It would probably have to be a rotated map since the city's street grid in real life would be in diagonals in SC4, and it would just look ugly.

portlandexpos04

Awesome SF is back on the Stex!  Unfortunately, I just tried to load it and it froze my computer  :(

Any chance we could get a reduced version removing some of the peripheral areas such as Brentwood, Livermore, etc.?  For example:

Likewise with your Toronto map, would it be possible to reduce to the area below?

I'm having trouble getting that one to work as well.

Thanks!!!

nosferatu247

I'm a bit of a lurker, but I'd like to also express interest in a Montreal map, and additionally request one of Quebec City and its environs (Levis, Mont Sainte-Anne, and the Ile-d'Orleans). Your work is utterly superb, dobdriver.

stillwine

Hi all,
I am a return devotee to Sim City having been exposed to the LIFESTYLE since the DOS version in the early 90's. I have recently upgraded to the SC4 version but have always intended to generate an accurate replica of my homeland Saint Lucia in the Carribean. I recently saw a map of Barbados and have searched for a similar representation of my island but to no avail. Can I request from any boardmember to develop the same for me? I will be eternally grateful.

Stillwine

eugenelavery

Great to see more wonderful maps being made.  I was wondering if I could request a Corsican map.  Obviously the entire island is much to big to map, but perhaps a map centred on the the town Calvi would be nice.  Corsica has such great beaches and mountains, the map would be quite a sight!

jbillow

Hello,
Im mostly over at simtrop, but after using your fantastic maps for a while, I thought I might as well suggest one. If you have got a moment, id love one of the Salt Lake City, UT area. It could be of the metro area and the Wasatch mountains east of it past Park City to the foot of the Uintah mountains. It may have to be lowered to get game water for the Great Salt Lake. I would love it if you could.

dobdriver

G'Day Devotees,

The weather's heating up and so is the map-o-matic!

Boy oh boy plenty of mail this week.

Ah, of course. Just to throw a spanner in the works. Thanks Portie. How was was that download? Yeah someone marked SF then it got bombed out somehow. But as plenty have seen it's back. I can do a map of San Jose for you.

Thanks Marsh, I cannot wait to see more of your region.  ;)

Thanks Supremec and I have more again.

Diamonddog I had no plans to, But as you have asked I have one cooking, Thanks.

G'Day Nosferatu, Welcome and thanks. It's your lucky day, I had an emergency.

Welcome to you also Stillwine, I'm glad you have found SC4 at last. It is your lucky day as well.

Welcome back Eugene, how was Tripoli? Any snaps? I can make you a map of Corsica no probs, Thanks.

And welcome to you Jbillow, Thanks and I can do that for you. No worries mate. Thanks.

What they're in the box but there has been a late scratching. Yes ladies and gentlemen the favourite has pulled up sore and the emergencies are in.

The first in line today is courtesy of a request from Chastyami, thanks mate.

Volgograd is 36.864km x 40.96km.

This has been rotated 34 degrees counterclockwise to align the Volgo River north-south. An un-rotated version is available on the lex.

Next along is courtesy of a request from Marsh, Thanks mate.

Boston is 45.056km x 49.152km.

Anyone for tea.

The next couple are courtesy of Portie, Thanks mate.

Roma is 61.44km x 65.536km.

The Eternal City.

And...

Moskva is 45.056km x 49.152km.

Don't get locked up in the Lubyanka.

And following along is courtesy of a request by Greenpower, thanks mate.

Benidorm is 53.248km x 49.152km.

Ah, life on the Med. What more could one want?

And now to the emergencies, this request courtesy of Stillwine. Thanks mate.

St Lucia is 24.576km x 45.056km.

Mmmm, maybe the Caribbean.

This map is courtesy of a request from Nathan_spcity, thanks mate.

Goiânia 40.96km x 40.96km.

I'd definitely bring along a billy.

And last for today is courtesy of Nosferatu247, thanks mate.

Québec is 49.152km x 53.248km.

I think I seen some snow here!

So brings us to another close, these are available on a stex or lex near you.

Thanks for looking and have a great day.

Cheers
dobs

marsh

Wow. Lots more. Continue the great work.  ;D

,marsh

eugenelavery

Hey dobdriver,

Many more great maps here,  I look forward to the Corsica map.  I was working on the Tripoli map - actually trying to recreate Tripoli - and then my computer got a corrupted operating system and I lost everything.  I have had to start simcity from scratch (along with everything else) and am using this opportunity to experiment with new building styles.  I figured I might as well work on a European style city.

Thanks for all of your great mapping!

Izidor44

Hi Gentlemen,

As I can't wait for blade2k5's map release (I've requested him a map of french brittany region), is there any possibility to create maps of :

* a "Coruna - Ferrol" area map (Spain)
http://maps.google.fr/maps?hl=fr&ll=43.410036,-8.279572&spn=0.270856,0.681152&t=h&z=11&vpsrc=6

* an "Irkust - Baikal lake" area map (Russia)
http://maps.google.fr/maps?hl=fr&ll=52.005174,104.81781&spn=0.918077,2.724609&t=p&z=9&vpsrc=6

Would it also be possible to avoid huge maps (as my system won't handle those monsters you sometimes create....  &mmm).

Anyway, thank you for all those wonderfull maps  :thumbsup:

Une_ame

Dob,

Some times ago you released a Marrakech map but I was unable to find it one the LEX. Do you know where is this beauty  :o hidding ?

Thanks mate !  :thumbsup:
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

supremec

Wow, interesting!! I'll probably build cities on St Lucia map, so awesome. I really like the river of the first map... another good job on these maps!
Click on the banner to see my BATs

stillwine

&apls

Many thanks for the quick response to my request for the map of St. Lucia.

I am trying to be as accurate in my development of the island and look forward to posting an update soon

Again Thanks and great job.

dobdriver

G'Day Devotees,

Well it's just plain hot here now and it's warm inside with the map-o-matic running at 110%. And what a swag we have.

First the mail.

Thanks Marsh old son, I'll try to keep going.  :D

Gee Eugene that is a blow, oh well easy come easy go.

Welcome Izidor44, Sure I can make you some maps, I'm sure Blade will have your request ready soon enough.

G'Day Une_ame  old mate, I most surely did but it isn't on the lex as it was a bit large (file size wise) so it is on the stex and you canget a copy Here.
Thanks mate.

Cool Supremec, That sounds great can't wait to see some pics. Thanks

Cool more pics coming, Thanks Stillwine and you're welcome.

A quick show 'n tell today.

And first after a bit of rummaging, courtesy of  Fnsc1394, thanks mate.

Calgary

Next along is Courtesy of Mike_the_mayor, thanks mate.

Bristol

Followed by a request courtesy  Diamonddog_74, thanks mate.

Montreal

I have also an un-rotated version

Montreal

And along for the ride is a request courtesy of DaveN, Thanks mate.

Byddoszcz

And courtesy of Eugene we have, Thanks mate.

Calvi

A couple of requests for Izidor are next, Thanks mate.

Irkutsk

And

A Coruña

Following is courtesy of a request from  Jbillow, Thanks mate.

Salt Lake City

And last for today is courtesy of a request from Emanuel, Thanks mate

Monterrey

The stex is slow tonight and I'm off to bed,

That's it I'm afraid till next time.

Thanks for looking and have a great day.

Cheers
dobs

Izidor44

Yeehah  &hlp

Many presents here ! As always, these are excellents jobs.

Let's start opening tiles...

&apls

Traff

Hey Dobdriver, such beautiful maps as always!!
Irkutsk Map is gorgeous.

Any chance you'd please be able to do a map of London Ontario Canada ??

Thanks.
Mark