• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

dobdriver's maps

Started by dobdriver, November 16, 2009, 05:43:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sciurus

Well done man, and it's good for Adrian to make a map for him (Adrian if you're looking us where you are... :( ).
And thank you for the compliments about my creations, it's always good for the moral :P

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

orchid22

Yay, it's perfect!! Thanks again!!

My sincere condolences to the family and friends of Adroman. It's heartbreaking to hear someone so young lost their life.

WC_EEND

nice job on the Liège map, always nice to see a map of a city in your own country appear ;D I might have a go at building something on it as well.

As for Adrian's Mackay map, I'm planning something special with it (don't know what exactly myself).

Xander
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

diamonddog_74

Regarding the Chicago map:

Is it to scale, AND aligned to the game's North-South/East-West axis? The only other scale map of Chicago is by NHP's MallowTheCloud, but unfortunately it is NOT aligned to the game's cardinal axis.

The reason for my question is this: Chicago has a very exact street grid system where a main arterial is every half mile (50 in-game tiles). If your map is to scale AND aligned, someone playing your map can truly simulate the Chicago grid, except for some of the diagonals that run at angles that even FARR can't simulate presently.

I have tried to get the NHP team to revise their map to align to the in-game cardinal points, but to no avail. If you have produced such a map, then you have a winner.

dobdriver

G'Day Devotees,

Well the map-o-matics running hot again with another slew maps.

Thanks Supremec, You'll have to take a few more pics mate.  ;)

He was Eugene he was, Thanks and you're welcome.

Allstillwell, thanks Pryp'yat' is now playing.

Thanks Marsh, indeed.

Thanks Guillaume.

Orchid Thankyou and you're welcome.

That sounds beaut Xander, I'd like to see it.

Diamonddog Chicago rotated is is on the lex. As for you other point, of course it is to scale. One large city tile is equal to 4096m to the pixel. ;)

And now my other favourite part. A show. Let me see, what's in the box.

The lucky starter this week is courtesy of a request from Lemonlime, Thanks mate.

Gothenburg is 40.96km x 40.96km.

I wasn't sure if you meant this one...

Or this one.

Göteborg is 36.864km x 40.96km.

So I did both.

And also we have courtesy of Alstillwell a map of... Thanks mate.

Pryp'yat' is 28.672km x 28.672km.

And I believe is still glowing.

Next along is courtesy of Serezhka62, thanks mate.

Ryazan' is 45.056km x 53.248km.

Close to Moskva.

And last for today is courtesy of Titanicbuff, thanks mate.

Cañon City is 49.152km x 53.248km.

It's quite high up here and cold.

We're at the end again.

Thanks for looking and have a great day.

Cheers
dobs

Sciurus

That's excellent, I love these maps.
I would do a request: could you make the map of Gérardmer (Vosges, Lorraine, France) and his environment please? A radius of 15km is nice I think ;) Thank you!

L'atelier d'architecture

supremec

Others good maps  &apls, I won't hesitate to show you some pics  ;)
Click on the banner to see my BATs

WC_EEND

I was wondering the other day, would it be possible to create a full-scale map of Belgium (30.000 and a bit km²)? Purely theoretical ofcourse, but I'm curious none the less.
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

LemonLime

I meant the second Göteborg and it looks stunning! Thanks a million!

Une_ame

Dob, have you counted how many maps you've created so far ? Should be a lot !  &apls

Anyway, wonderfull job as always.
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

DanniBee

May I request a map if you don't mind :)
Can I please have the town of Bournemouth, UK, orientated so that the international Airport Runways aligned to the grid with the coast still in the south, I don't really mind about the size, as long as the airport can be fit in as well as Ferndown, and Wimbourne in the surrounding areas, I would also like it accurately scaled or does that come included in the service  :P

Cheers.

Kitsune

wow great maps... and you make them big! Any chance of getting Sudbury, Ontario... all roughly 3200 square kilometers of it and most of her 330 lakes? It might be a little bit challenging because the second largest (and 1.5b yo) crater in the world is in the city... as well as her younger, 35m old sister (that's known as lake Wanapitei) the largest lake within one city in the world. They also have the #2 largest lake within one city as well....
~ NAM Team Member

fnsc1394

Would it be possible to get a map of Calgary, Canada? Thanks  :)

dobdriver

G'Day Devotees,

Well I been having a bit of a rest from making maps, but still doing plenty of other stuff.   :thumbsup:
Whoops, there's a bit of mail to take care of.

Thanks Guillaume, There is a map of Gérardmer on the lex. There is no water so you will have to plop some as the levels are quite up and down.

Cool Supremec I look forward.

A great question Wc_eend, but unfortunately the answer is no. Currently I can make maps up to almost 10000km2 and that is with 24GB of ram. Although Belguim is only about 30000km2 the rectangular area that her extremities reach cover just over 60000km2.

Thanks Lemonlime, you're welcome. Glad you like it. You too will have to post a few piccies.

Another great question Une_ame and the answer is just over 200 uploaded somewhere on the ether webby. I have about another 30 that I haven't released also.

Sure thing Dannibee, I've got one in the pot cooking for you, Thanks.

Ah Kitsune, I have a map of Sudbury for you and it's about 6375km2. I'm sure all the lakes are there but you will need to plop them due to the differing elevations water doesn't always go on maps so well. There is only about a span of 30m elevation that water works well in then they become weeholes in the snow so to speak with sheer cliffs dropping to the water level.

I can make you a map of Calgary Fnsc1394, no prob at all.

Now we only have a small show today even though it's been some time.

So first out today is courtesy of Guillaume, thanks mate.

Gérardmer is 32..768km x 32.768km.

A great holiday place summer or winter.

Next along is courtesy of Kitsune, thanks mate

Sudbury is 77.824km x 81.92km.

Hmm, we've had a cold snap in Sudbury and everything is frozen.  brrrr.

Following up with a request courtesy of Sparklight, thanks mate.

Caracas is 61.44km x 65.536km.

With Pico Naiguatá towering aloft at 2730m

The last couple are courtesy of requests from Etorsen, thanks mate.

Seattle is 73.728km x 61.44km.

Seems like every man and his dog has a jetty here.

Anchorage is 81.92km x 81.92km.

It's in the Arctic but we've had a warm spring.  :D :D

Well it's over for now but there is more to come.

Cheers
dobs

Sciurus

Really thank you for this wonderful map of Gérardmer!!! I waited for it to do my city, I think I'll begin it soon! ;)

L'atelier d'architecture

DerChrischi

I love your work!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it would be fabulous if you could create even the North Sea coast with its many islands in the north of Germany. That would be a dream. The region between Hamburg and Oldenburg were here my favorite!
Perhaps you are thinking about you the times yes! The Thuringian Forest or the Erfurt region would also be very very awesome.
Thank you for the many maps!

DanniBee

The maps look great, I'm really excited for my one, thanks  :)

portlandexpos04

Excellent maps as always!   :thumbsup:

Any chance we'll be seeing a Moscow map soon?  You seem to be working toward that direction  ;D

Also I hate to keep requesting stuff, but how about a map of Rome or Venice, Italy? 

Kitsune

wow dobdriver ...... I can see both craters crystal clear, its excellent !
~ NAM Team Member

dobdriver

G'Day Devotees,

Things are hotting up again, more mail and more maps.

Thanks Guillaume, you will be busy with the plop water.  ;)

Thanks Derchrischi, for your comments I can certainly make a map of that area.

Dannibee how excited are ya. There's a map on the lex for you, Thanks mate.

Thanks Portlandexpos, I will look into them. I don't know about Venice though there are a ton available anyhow even if I can capture drains half as wide as a hair.  :D  But Rome and Moscow sound cool.

Thanks Kitsune, you're welcome. You'll be busy with the plop water too. :thumbsup:

Now on to a small show.

First past the post today is a request courtesy of Dannibee, Thanks mate.

Bournemouth is 40.96km x 28.672km.

It has been rotated 14.5° and the airport is north-south. I have an un-rotated version slightly larger for the stex.

And today's runner-up is a request courtesy of Brymeister, Thanks mate.

San Francisco is 90.112km x 90.112km.

Favoured hangout of the hippies in the sixties.

Unfortunately that's it for now.

Cheers
dobs