• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

U-Build-It SE - Daloa Sights

Started by emgmod, October 24, 2009, 09:00:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Where to head to next?

Daloa Part 2
1 (20%)
Train to Colbitz
3 (60%)
Other (specify)
1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 5

oktoberfest

I couldnt think of anything to put here, so i put this :D

emgmod

***Replies***

976, Tomas Neto, oktoberfest:  Thank you!
Cyclone1001:  The first one was for the history. I decided to not type out a song. Airfield it is.
bat:  Thank you! Unfortunately, we are heading back to Invernessen.
Battlecat:  I think I should stick to either RMIP or the upgradable one. As for the ships, I need them to recreate the war stated in the history lesson.
sumwonyuno:  My computer still has integrated graphics, but I found out I can set everything on high except for shadows.

Huge Download list is coming in the next update.

U-Build-It - 4200 pixel mosaic

I was planning on a song, but some problems made me decide on a mosaic. I'll fix picture F sometime.

If you ignore the Special Edition, it's Update 7.

***I need from you today...***
-Anything that resembles a pre-dreadnought or dreadnought era warship.
-Suggestions for ideas to bring back to Invernessen. Ex: I want an airfield in Invernessen.

woodb3kmaster

It's amazing to see how far U-Build-It has come in just the past few months. It just goes to show how good this unusual idea turned out to be. Great work!

As for your requests:
-I mentioned in a PM that I found a couple of Japanese-made warship BATs that could perhaps be passed off as 1890s-era. I'll have to have a look on the European sites (once I figure out what they all are).
-I'll echo Cyclone1001's suggestion; it would be cool to see an airfield in Invernessen. Maybe you could try your hand at making a ploppable-water lake, too?

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

Battlecat

kbieniu7

Great idea, all faces of region combined in one coherent picture  :)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

bat

Nice mosaic there! Great looking city!!! :thumbsup:

Nanami

Man, what a long mosaic. It's nice.

emgmod

***Replies***

woodb3kmaster:  What exactly are the ships you found? We need a list of European sites along with the Japanese sites.
Battlecat:  Thank you Photoshop class! I only used the Gimp to convert .png to .jpg before that class.
kbieniu7:  It's not 100% coherent, and there are a few other mistakes I made, but everyone gets the point.
bat:  Thank you? Which city are you talking about? The Daloa Metropolitan Area goes up to Cambridge, right before the Oil Fields. Everything past that are separated towns.
976:  I measured the length of mosaics from Vale Paulista. I counted a few 5000+ pixel ones.

I keep on delaying the huge download list. Don't expect it soon.

U-Build-It - Welcome back to Invernessen!

Welcome back. I'm making the growth of Invernessen since we got back in stages.

First off, I never connected East and West Invernessen in the pictures. Now, for the first time, the entire town of Invernessen.

As you can see, the border made me neglect growth in West Invernessen. Here is the plan to compensate for that. The farms highlighted in red will be demolished for houses and stores. More farms will be built to compensate.

The plan for paving over one of the two farms.

Invernessen Airfield. I built it in the flattest stretch of land I could find near Invernessen. Somewhat based on the actual Invermere Airport\

And here's the ploppable lake wood requested.

The lake zoomed in a bit.

And the Region View, showing everything so far.

The Game Simulator keeps on spewing Maxis houses. I need more custom houses. Either that, or a low stage Residential blocker.
Where to expand the farms?

BuildingUp

Love the effects! And the region, you've made it look brilliant! Very amazing!  &apls

sumwonyuno

Wow, the zoomed out (and combined?) picture of Invernessen are great!  Why not expand the farms on the other side of the river, opposite of the commercial development.

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

io_bg

Very nice job on the last update! Everything is looking great, however I'd like to mention one thing - the bridge which crosses the river is quite low.  If I were you, I'd raise it a few meters. At least in RL bridges are like that because floods may occur ;)
My suggestion for expanding the farms is the same as sumwonyuno's - the land opposite the town.
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Battlecat

Great update!  Nice job creating a simple little airport!  The plopable water lake also looks excellent!

Cyclone1001

Nice, nice. good airport. I like how you can make the pictures clear when it come to changing stuff. I like the river, the banks especially. Keep it up :thumbsup:

Tomas Neto

Wow my friend!!! Great update, really perfect and realistic place!!!  &apls &apls

Nanami

emgmod

***Replies***

BuildingUp:  Thank you! As for the flora, it's 99% tree controller. The map is making most of the details.
sumwonyuno:  It's combined. If you look closely, there are yellow arrows and missing shadows.
io_bg:  I'm not sure if I have enough room to raise the bridge. I'll try sometime.
Battlecat:  Thank you! As for the lake, I basically followed your tutorial.
Cyclone1001:  Thank you! Clear when it comes to changing stuff? Do you mean I can explain what every new picture means?
Tomas Neto:  Thank you! I can't tell how realistic it is, mostly because I rarely visit small towns.
976:  Thank you!

U-Build-It - Attack of the 50 ft. Flying Zots!

All was peaceful. Farms started expanding across the river.

But then, mysterious red and yellow zots appeared. They terrorized Invernessen, until City Council decided on a plan.

The plan called for the Invernessen power grid to produce more power, causing an increase in the power grid. Once the surge happened, the flying zots will get zapped by electricity and will go away.

This is where we need you. We have to brainstorm ideas on how to get more power to the grid. Otherwise, we are going to suffer under because of the Flying Zots.

Plans for a new or upgraded power plant. Nothing too expensive, or anything that can ruin the look of Invernessen.
Where to expand the farms?

sumwonyuno

I know I'll be attacked by the NIMBY people :angrymore:, but I'm going to suggest windmills. 

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

soulchaser

These zots gave me a laugh...great $%Grinno$%

For energy, I would suggest a dam. If you're tired of finding or building one that fits, I could help you out with a relot that might fit ;) )

And the farms might spread out to the SW or SSE.

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

Cyclone1001

I say you should use Peg's geothermal plant, its cheap, effecient, and good for the environment!

daryl7478

I would like to sign up for the Name-A-Road program of yours. I'll have to read your whole MD to get an idea for the road's name.

- daryl7478