• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

U-Build-It SE - Daloa Sights

Started by emgmod, October 24, 2009, 09:00:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Where to head to next?

Daloa Part 2
1 (20%)
Train to Colbitz
3 (60%)
Other (specify)
1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 5

kbieniu7

I suggest using these parking lots near OneWayRoad, instead SAM parking. It will look better in my opinion  ;)
http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1726
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

emgmod

***Replies***

kbieniu7:  That is a good replacement. I have an idea on how to use those.
Cyclone1001:  In some cases, they would be better. I'm going to use them for parking lots in various areas. I think they are better than the NDEX ones I have because of the modular aspect.

Huge Download list is coming after U-Build-It Special Edition (UBISE?)

U-Build-It Special Edition - Daloa University
If you're wondering why the lighting changed, I downloaded the SimFox Day´n´Nite Modd.

NDT Light rail. A newer tram system made to relieve traffic from the rail and bus lines. We depart Robertsville Stadium, passing another tram.

We continue on, passing by suburbia. The elevated tracks allow the tram to act somewhat like a rapid transit system.

Here we have the Foothills Station. Nothing interesting around the station except the tree that somehow doesn't stop the tram from continuing along.

The right-of-way includes the median of the E30. The station here is called Verona/University East. As the name implies, there is a...

...university nearby. We get off the tram and get on a bus to see the university.

The first place we visit is the Daloa University Visitor Center. There, we book a tour.

The first stop in the tour is the library across the street. The Thomas Nelson Memorial library is the second largest in Daloa. The number of books located here is amazing.

Next, we visit one of the classroom buildings. Our tour walks past hallways, and catches a glimpse of a class in session: Ignoring the tour group behind you 101.

After that, we visit a part of a dorm room converted for tour use. You have to admire the open spaces the university has to offer.

Here, we see more dorms, and enter in the Verona tower. We learned that these towers were built around education centers during the Illu'a Unification.

Finally, the tour ends with a stop at the gift shop and restaurant.

Now that school is starting up for me again, My plan is to end the trip in a couple of updates. However, some people might have liked the trip more then Invernessen. Should we continue the trip, or return?

***I need from you today...***
-VOTE: Should we head back to Invernessen, with our new knowledge learned from the trip?
-If you have an idea for the trip, PM me. If it requires Plugins, send me the links to the plugins.
-Any Plugins that seem relevant to the area we are heading to (Midtown buildings would be nice)

sumwonyuno

Very nice university!   :)

I think we should continue on.

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

Nanami

emgmod

Detailed replies are coming later. For now...

The IAF roundel is there, but it's hidden.

Battlecat

I've missed a few excellent updates here!  I like how the urban area and your university are turning out!  Sorry I don't have any suggestions for plugins at the moment, but I'll do some thinking and let you know if I come up with something! 

kbieniu7

Elevated rail beetween highway looks very nice. Interesting idea  :thumbsup:
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Tomas Neto

emgmod

***Replies***

sumwonyuno:  Thank you! I'm going to continue on for a little, then return.
976:  Thank you!
Battlecat:  Welcome back! I'm sure you can come up with something soon.
kbieniu7:  Thank you! It's actually an idea borrowed from the Greater Terran Region, where Haljackey make an entire update on it.
Tomas Neto:  Thank you!

U-Build-It Special Edition - History lesson!
I decided that we are heading back to Invernessen after spending the rest of the day in Daloa. We'll book a hotel, then leave for home the next day.

After lunch, we walk to the other side of the university to take the Green Line tram. During off-peak hours, the green line runs some replica green car trams from the old green car system. The reason green cars don't exist on the Red/Yellow line is that they can't reach the required speed for the track in the median of the E30.

The track dips under the E30, then emerges right before the Midtown Station.

Midtown Station. The Green and planned Blue line use the northern tracks, while the southern tracks are used by the Red and Yellow line.

The next station after Midtown is City Hall. It's not an important station for commuters, but important events have happened at City Hall.

Today, City hall is a museum, with government functions moved to the building to the west.

But back in the 1890's, war happened. Once woodb3kmaster and I make more pictures, I can tell the story better.

During the late 1880's, King Tristan of Lower Columbia invaded Puget Sound, Vancouver Island and the city of Vancouver. In 1892, a purification campaign in the new land forced liberals to leave and find a new home. Some of the refugees fled to Illu'a, spreading stories of the horrors of leaving their homes. This caused he Illu'a government to declare war on Lower Columbia in 1895. The intent of the war was to reclaim the land that King Tristan invaded for the refugees.
[picture here]

At first, Illu'a set up a blockade around Lower Columbia, to stop trade during the war. At the same time, spies in Lower Columbian cities worked with resistance fighters to cause havoc within the borders.
[picture here]

After that, a planned invasion of Puget Sound by Illu'a started. They succeeded in capturing land, but were forced back to Illu'a by the Royal Army.
[picture here]

In response to the invasion, Lower Columbia organized an invasion of Illu'a. While crossing the Adraman Channel to Illu'a, many of the ships were sunken or damaged by the Illu'a Navy.
[picture here]

After three years of war, King Tristan and Illu'a President Henry Edwards signed the Treaty of Daloa, at Daloa City Hall. The treaty included that Lower Columbia can never engage in another campaign like the Purifications.

For anybody that wants to know the history after the Treaty, here's a link.

Once we toured City Hall, we walked around the Governor's Office. Entry into the office is restricted.

Before I give you more history in the next update, here's how Downtown Daloa looks like at night.

-Liked the history lesson?
-If you have an idea for the trip, PM me. If it requires Plugins, send me the links to the plugins.
-Suggestions for ideas to bring back to Invernessen. Ex: I want an airfield in Invernessen.

Nanami

bat

That's a really nice history lesson! Nice pictures! :thumbsup:

Tomas Neto

emgmod

***Replies***

976, bat, Tomas Neto:  Thank you!

U-Build-It Special Edition - And now, the end is here

After learning a lot more history involving Lower Columbia,(Nyhaven) we take another green line tram towards Daloa Park.

The 3rd Avenue Station is hidden in the apartments to the right.

The tram heads underground to the Market Station. Here's a small mosaic of the Green Line tracks, the Market, and a section of Daloa Park.

At the underground station, there are murals of the Daloa Market. The Market is a section of 1st Avenue that is closed once a year and bring merchants to the streets, just like a long time ago. I would show you a picture of the actual market, but I would have to learn how to use the Lot Editor.

After getting off at the last stop, Daloa Park, we relaxed a little in the park. Heading from our small town of 700 to Daloa has made people want to go back to nature.

The Sparkling River waterfront. Most of the stores aren't very different than stores in Invernessen, but the waterfront was pleasant.

After taking a Red Line tram to Downtown, we booked a hotel at the Riverside Resort. It's shown in brighter colors than everything else in the picture.

While growing the stores on the waterfront, two large residential apartments appeared 1 block south of City Hall. I decided to play along with the game simulator and built construction lots around them.

-Anything that resembles a pre-dreadnought or dreadnought era warship.
-Guess the song that I'm about to type in the next update.
-Suggestions for ideas to bring back to Invernessen. Ex: I want an airfield in Invernessen.

Cyclone1001

1) IDK what you mean.
2) Aces High, Iron Maiden?
3) I want an airfield!

bat

Great new pictures from your city! Looking forward to more... ;)

Battlecat

I've missed a couple good updates here!  Your urban area looks great and the history tour was pretty fun as well!  I quite like your use of the GLR as well. 

I haven't worked much with airports yet, but when in doubt, the work by the AC team is pretty nice:

AC Functional Airports for predesigned versions which is probably the quickest solution. 
This thread has an inventory of all the AC lots as well as a list of the standard dependencies for their work.  Hope this does the trick. 

As for ships, here's a couple different options that might fit your needs:

Navy Pier 1 by Pegsasus
NDEX USS Foster by equinox

sumwonyuno

I was going to say something about the ground light rail station being rendered low quality, but that issue's fixed in the last update.  :thumbsup:  The urban area looks very nice!  The Downtown has a depressing feel... except for that one building left of the AIG building.  :P

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!