• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

U-Build-It SE - Daloa Sights

Started by emgmod, October 24, 2009, 09:00:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Where to head to next?

Daloa Part 2
1 (20%)
Train to Colbitz
3 (60%)
Other (specify)
1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Nanami

emgmod

***Replies***

sumwonyuno:  Check the poll. Remembering my road trip last month, there are times where you want to pass by stuff to get to attractions at the destination.
Cyclone1001:  Thank you. If you name the next town, it permanently appears on the Illu'a Railroad Transit map!
scott1964:  Even if road trips are more flexible, the lack of a fully grade separated road until reaching Daloa will make a rail trip faster.
976:  Thank you. The next town shall be called Newport.

Huge Download list is coming after U-Build-It Special Edition (UBISE?)

U-Build-It Special Edition - Rail Trip Day 1
We start our trip by boarding the Southbound Adraman Local. Nothing very interesting here because we have seen this picture before.

Somehow, the horses near this farm are attracted to the train, and have magically walked through the fence. Animal automata is(are?) awesome.

A bit further south, the train crosses the Invernessen Railroad Bridge. Sometimes, the bridge and the Route 27 bridge get flooded during heavy rains.

Scenic Wilderness. I should have made the rail and the road curve at different areas here.

In case you were lost, here's a region view of where the train is right now. There is some civilization near the southern border.

This is where I figured out that I can use a train generator instead of UDI to make pictures. The train passes a rest stop, and almost hits a truck passing it. The at-grade intersection here is actually illegally built by the nearby farm. All at-grade intersections in Illu'a must have flashy warning signals, or a person manning the intersection with a whistle.

Here's how I'm going to make minor cities. The population of the next town is greater then 73. This is an old picture.

At the start of the Evening, we arrived at the first stop in Newport, and unloaded our baggage. Although having a population 1/5 the size of Invernessen, there is a historical landmark near the town.

There is a shuttle bus timed with train arrivals to take people to Newport Point. It's cheaper than taking MaxisTaxi to the point.

We cross the Sparkling River to get to Newport Point. Most of the traffic on this bridge is either tourists or freight.

The bus stops at the entrance to Newport Point. We have to walk the rest of the way up.

The trail winds up the slope, eventually reaching the event of the night, the...

Newport Point Fire ritual. 30 minutes of chanting, dancing, and fire for free.

There's also a lookout where you can view the Sparkling River and the trees. If you look up, there are stars.

Some of the people decided to stay in the only hotel in Newport. Others decided to stay at Newport Point and camp for the night.

The plan for tomorrow is to eat breakfast at the Newport Cafe, then take a 9:00 southbound Adraman Local. If we go fast enough, we can get to Daloa (Second largest city in Illu'a) by the end of the day.

***I need from you today...***
-VOTE: How often should we stop and explore?
-If you have an idea for the trip, PM me. If it requires Plugins, send me the links to the plugins.
-Who wants to have a road town named after them?
-Any Plugins that seem relevant to the area we are heading to.

kbieniu7

Great idea with the trip.
I think, we should get off only in places where there is something interesting to see. I other cases, you could just say something during the waiting for arrive  ;)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Nanami

Great!
- I suggest we stop on the tourist objects.
-I don't have any suggestion
-Name the town Kuta (for seaside one) and Kemayoran.
-Maybe some tourist object BATs or Lots.

emgmod

***Replies***

kbieniu7:  Do you mean waiting at stations? If we skip stops, the only thing that is going to happen is waiting at stations.
976:  As of right now, tourist attractions consist of whatever is in my Landmarks and Parks folder that seems interesting.
Cyclone1001:  The strange thing is that there are plans for a nationwide rail electrification system. Expect electric rail lines soon. In the meantime Illu's National Railways replaced some trains with seasonal Holiday trains.

U-Build-It Special Edition - Holiday Trains
When we waited for the 9:00 train, a red double decker train arrived. While it was still a southbound Adraman Local, Illu'a National Railways replaced some of the rolling stock with seasonal trains. What's a better way of celebrating the Holidays than free upgraded view? Merry Christmas!

The rail splits into two STR tracks because I wanted it to. This is about the halfway point between Newport and Lordside, the next town.

The train here passes a small lake and a cottage, built in 1931. It's a historical landmark. Aside from the passing rail line and dirt pathway, the cottage is isolated from contact.

And another picture to show you how isolated it is. To the right, there is our train. To the left, the dirt area is the area where the trail starts. You can see parts of the trail if you look closely. Most travelers don't get to see the cottage by road. Only people that decide to take the trail or are paying attention on a southbound Adraman can see the cottage.

We are going to continue taking this train until we see something interesting. Then we will get off. However, if we get off, there is a chance the next train won't be a holiday train.

-VOTE: How often should we stop and explore?
-If you have an idea for the trip, PM me. If it requires Plugins, send me the links to the plugins.
-Any Plugins that seem relevant to the area we are heading to (City)

danielcote

oh this is getting more interesting! where did you get that red commuter train?

kbieniu7

Sorry, one mistake I made :D I mean, telling the story while train arrives the station (we are in) and it waits for depart, until all passengers get into it. But in this form has quite no sense :D
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Nexis4Jersey

This is one of the Best Ideas for MD i have ever seen and i might Try it one day! :)

~Corey

Cyclone1001

I think I do want "my own town", name it Cambridge and it needs a large, if not international, airport.

sumwonyuno

... automata are ...  ;) ; there's more than one of them.

I was wondering how the region view was coming along, and it's wonderful!  I'm really enjoying the trip.   :thumbsup:

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

Nanami

I think this is the most intresting MD, great job!!

emgmod

***Replies***

danielcote:  That's the Spanish Regional Runner. I PMed the link to you, and I will officially post the link after the Special Edition,
kbieniu7:  Don't worry about it. Most stations have to have something next to it. It's not like people make train stations 3 km away from anything larger than a rest stop in the middle of a desert, right?
Nexis4Jersey:  Thank you, and welcome to U-Build-It. If you want to try the concept, you can.
Cyclone1001:  The region views of the entire nation consists of the Invermere Valley map and a blank default map with random cities on it. If you want to see the random cities region view, tell me.
sumwonyuno:  As of right now, tourist attractions consist of whatever is in my Landmarks and Parks folder that seems interesting.
976:  Thank you.

A Teaser
Behold the amazing engineering feat known as the diagonal bridge.

sumwonyuno

Oh, wow!  A diagonal bridge!  &apls  I'm interested in seeing it up close.

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

warconstruct

wow a A diagonal bridge! it's possible ?

Very great job  &apls
Province of Acadia since 2020
Province of Zillerthal (2014)
Port Aux Captes (2009-2011)
Province of Trieste (2006-2010)
Since SC4D 2007-2022

emgmod

***Replies***

sumwonyuno:  There's an up close shot coming too.
warconstruct:  It's entirely possible, but I think you can only do it for Heavy double track rail and a flat river.

U-Build-It Special Edition - Northern Daloa
If you noticed, I am using multiple image hosting sites so if one site doesn't work, some of the images will still be here. The picture in my signature is hosted in three sites, and I will switch it out of Imageshack decides to randomly delete it.

The train nears the next stop, the Daloa Oil Fields.

I think I should explain the diagonal bridge a bit.
Quote from: Someone from the NAM TeamYou can plop puzzle pieces on water.

The Daloa Oil Fields. About 30 years ago, someone found out that oil was around this area. An oil company bought out the land, and placed oil wells to extract the oil. At the turn of the century, the oil well was almost empty. The company is abandoning the wells by January 2010, and Illu'a National Railways is considering not servicing this station.

The train stops for a few minutes, picks up two passengers, and then leaves the crumbling oil wells.

For the first time in a while, the railroad is almost parallel to Route 27.

Next up are the dual towns of Cambridge/Lordside.

And a border line, so you can tell which is which. The population of both towns is estimated at 17,500 sims.

Our train approaches Cambridge, with a square farm to your right, and suburbia to your left.

The Cambridge 8th Avenue viaducts were built to grade separate the commuter, regional, and intercity trains passing through Cambridge, when automobiles weren't widespread. Now they are considered a part of Illu'a history.

Our train stops at the Cambridge/Lordside station. Here, we have to decide if we should get off, or continue our journey.

A brochure shows the attractions around the area. First, there is the Lordside Research facilities.

Next, there are stores in Downtown Cambridge, near the station.

The Lordside Downtown was made to look historic, with stores facing a pedestrian mall.

Finally, the Cambridge Municipal Airport is nearby, where we can take an airplane or helicopter and have an aerial tour of Daloa.

Right now, the choice is yours. You can choose if we should explore, or if there is something better farther south. The time when the train arrived at Cambridge/Lordside is 4:30 PM.

-VOTE: Should we get off at Cambridge/Lordside?
-Any Plugins that seem relevant to the area we are heading to (Suburbs and a city)

Edit: 4 more posts, and this is in Best Sellers!

scott1964

;D I would like a town named after me.  :P Scottville  &idea Ohhh and continue along the current path.  :D

Luke09

Nice pics!and for suburbs stuff i suggest gascooker and mattb325 bats,both on LEX and STEX(gascooker have british styled buildings,and matt has the aussie style of the force  $%Grinno$%).For city name how about Verona?And lets stay on cambridge.Keep it up  :thumbsup:
Tu és
Time de tradição,raça,amor e paixão,
Ó meu mengo...
Eu,sempre te amarei,
Onde estiver estarei
Ó meu mengo

Cyclone1001