• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

U-Build-It SE - Daloa Sights

Started by emgmod, October 24, 2009, 09:00:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Where to head to next?

Daloa Part 2
1 (20%)
Train to Colbitz
3 (60%)
Other (specify)
1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 5

kbieniu7

Ok, I'll trying to fiind english stufff  ;)
And the map - the simpliest way is this, what you've made. PrintScreen the data map in SC, and in Paint draw lines on it.  ;)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

sumwonyuno

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

emgmod

***Plugins I got***

Pathfinder-1: PaxMillion Ltd Logistics Solutions, Nexis Old Style Grain Elevator
Me: Mattb325 McMansions 1 2 3

***Replies***

kbieniu7:  You're right, that is a simple way to make a map. I might make another map by using a Terraformer screenshot next.
sumwonyuno:  Guess what? The simple map is ALREADY out of date! Blame Pathfinder Freight for the realignment of Drift Road and an unnamed street.

Pathfinder Freight and Repeat-A-Lot Corp.

[Facing East] What is this? Construction? What could it be? More on this later.

[Facing East] Across from the Sparkling River, there is a small dock that leads to the newest section of east Invernessen...

[Facing East] ...which consists of two farms, a few houses, and one store.

[Facing North] And we are back to the construction. Now that it is complete, we can see that Pathfinder Freight Lines has set up shop here.

Pathfinder has built a distribution center, a grain silo, and a water tower as a gift.

[Facing North] And here is the first train, heading toward Colbitz.

[Facing North] But bad companies spread to Invernessen too. Repeat-A-Lot Corp. bought a bunch of land and built a new housing development north of Invernessen.

***I need from you today...***
-VOTE: Should we allow Repeat-A-Lot Corp. in the Invernessac Valley?
-Commercial Plugins. A lot of small commercial buildings.
-Need... More... Farm... Plugins...
-Who wants to have a road named after them?
-Where to expand the farms?

sumwonyuno

Heh, I just realized the simple map idea is going to be unwieldy once the transportation network gets complicated.

Say no to Repeat-A-Lot!

kbieniu7

Looks nice! And you might put Repeat-a-lot corp. it could make more jobs :D

danielcote

looks like its coming along fairley smoothly but I'd still like some more details in the town.

Tomas Neto

Cyclone1001

NASCAR_Guy

Show us what you look like http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1142.0

Just call me Dave

emgmod

***Plugins I got***

NASCAR_Guy: Orange Architecture by TSC, Darty by TSC
Me: Maxis Street End Cul de Sac Modd, NAM Maxis Street Roundabout Sidewalk Mod, BSC Irrigation Ditch Set 2009

***Replies***

sumwonyuno:  I might update the street map every few updates because of the changing roads. By the way, Repeat-A-Lot is going to be a problem for a while.
kbieniu7:  Repeated farm buildings, repeated stores, 5 copies of the same office building in downtown Colbitz, etc.
danielcote:  Can you explain by more detail?
Tomas Neto:  Thank you. Repeating a Mattb325 building is like someone BATing an ugly building well. It's good, but horrible at the same time!
Cyclone1001:  We can get rid of Repeat-A-Lot from Invernessen when you get me more Plugins. On a serious note, Repeat-A-Lot houses are grown.
NASCAR_Guy:  I'm currently relotting the second one, and I want to see the fourth one, but the link doesn't work.

Canals and a Road Trip

[Facing North] No, this is not an out of place railroad. Invernessen City Council decided to make irrigation canals to farms in West Invernessen. I used railroad to plan the canals.

[Facing North] Now with planning done, time to start building. This is also why the grid is still on. The canal starts in a pond and eventually ends in a pond.

[Facing North] The canal winds south. It branches to Invernessen Apples because they are rich enough to get a canal.

[Facing North] And it ends right before a farm that has mystery crop. I don't know what it is, but that farmfield spawning as much as Pedrina before it was banned.

[Facing North] Repeat-A-Lot is going to get banned from Invernessen, as soon as City Council files the paperwork. And the 1520 copies of it.

Somebody was thinking of planning a trip across Illu'a, and somebody picked it up. Now the mayor of Invernessen and anyone who wants to come are planning the trip.

[Option 1] Take a train. There is a southbound train heading towards Colbitz, and a northbound train heading towards Nazca. Each train leaves the station once a day.

[Option 2] Take one or two cars to anywhere in Illu'a. Car is slightly broken.

-VOTE: Road Trip or To The Rails? Or do we need a road trip?
-Commercial Plugins. A lot of small commercial buildings.
-Need... More... Farm... Plugins...
-Who wants to have a road named after them?
-Where to expand the farms?

sumwonyuno

Ahh, it's an invasive species!  $%Grinno$%

The canals have turned out quite nicely, good job!  Let's take a train ride.

Nanami

Nice. Well here is mine:
1. Road trip
2. I suggest some shops :
Simgoober Best buy
kevdan25 LJS Pizza hut express
3. I don't have any suggestion
4. Use my MD name
5. How about expand to the sea shore.
Edit: I meant river

kbieniu7

Ah, you meant this, I thought it's just name :D
And I think about train trip.
Maybe a good rail network in whole region, with many passenger trains stopping at each station? ;)

Tomas Neto

Nice work with these canals!!! Great update!!! :thumbsup:

Cyclone1001

emgmod

Quick reply to Cyclone1001:

Those irrigation canals were an updated simgoober version:
http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2249

There are also a set of urban canals of the same size:
http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2263

I forgot I got the updated irrigation canals, and I am now updating my last post. Replies to everyone else are coming later.
There's also an official poll. I can somehow only edit the poll today, so vote now!

Luke09

Nice pics!I suggest for shop bats,some from Spa(LEX),Kevdan25(STEX) and simgoober(STEX/LEX).Expand the farms more close to the river/sea.
Tu és
Time de tradição,raça,amor e paixão,
Ó meu mengo...
Eu,sempre te amarei,
Onde estiver estarei
Ó meu mengo

emgmod

***Replies***

sumwonyuno:  That is a good way of saying that. Repeat-A-Lot is my excuse to not demolish repeating lots.
976:  Now that we are leaving Invernessen for a while, would you like a town named after you instead?
kbieniu7:  Something like trains that stop at every station, Intercity trains, and maybe a High Speed Rail line? That's the plan.
Tomas Neto:  Thank you. The updated Simgoober set is awesome.
Luke09:  I'm going to guess what shops you want from these guys. Madhatter theaters are starting to get spammy.

U-Build-It Special - The rail trip planning
Welcome to the Special Edition. Updates are going to come as fast as I can make them, probably daily until January 5.

After doing a quick youtube search, I've planned out the pictures that I'm going to take. Specifically, something like the following video, except without trains that are delayed by a few hours.
http://www.youtube.com/v/OHnvwYtPjb8

We are taking a southbound Adraman Local (Nazca to Colbitz) train to Colbitz. We can get off and explore at any stop on the way.

Blue: Adraman Local/Express
Green: West Coaster
Red: To be named
Yellow: Central Corridor Local/Express

-VOTE: Do you like the plan?
-If you have an idea for the trip, PM me. If it requires Plugins, send me the links to the plugins.
-Who wants to have a road town named after them?

sumwonyuno

Cyclone1001

I love the idea, and, have a town named after me??? hmm... IDK about town...