• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

FrankU's Lottery - Space Center update

Started by FrankU, October 19, 2009, 02:43:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack_wilds

FrankU

I want to thank you all for your feedback, advice, suggestions and criticism.
Your replies really help me to improve my work.

So, thanks to your advice I have now finished another sequel to my Dutch Reward Replacements set.
The Country Club!

Here it it:

LEX

STEX

mrbisonm

Great lots, love what you're doing , or have done.

Sorry for not being here more often (as much as I wish), still have to catch up on my health a little more. &mmm

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

FrankU

Sorry Fred,
I should have replied earlier. I hope all is well?

I skipped the University Reward, although that was the next one on my list. I am still looking for a collection of buildings that makes me feel happy.

So here is another simple one: the Radio Station.
I gave it a small park and some Dutch props. Nice ot is this too simple for your taste?

mrbisonm

Looking good....and about time it gets a better lot.

Btw, I'm doing better, even started walking around on the farm. ;)

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

Jack_wilds

like the direction this is going...  :thumbsup:

there is an university here in WI, that has radio station, this latest notion has that campus look...

glad you are up and about Fred God's blessings keep you and going...

FrankU

It's been some time, but I am alive and kicking!
My employer is trying to get rid of me. He is going to succees, but it's gonna cost something. So some of my energy go into that.

In the meantime I have decided to put the Radio Station aside. I am thinking of some "modular" approach where the Radio Station, The TV Studio and the Movie Studio work together as three lots that fit into one mosaic, but can also be used separately. I have to find something that gives the Dutch atmosphere.

So I tackled one of the worst lots in Maxis's Space-Time continuum: the Cruise Ship Terminal.

First of all I use the best cruise ships that I know of in SC4: the SOMY cruise ships. I added some Airport terminal lots and here we are.
One of the advantages: the SOMY ship and the Airport props have a fitting scale.
Disadvantage: all other props that I know of have too large a scale, so the lot stayed quite empty. It is not to my liking, so if anyone has a suggestion?

I have the intention to add a version of this lot with the Maxis cruise ship instead. If anyone wants that. You can play the U-Drive-It. It's just two minutes of work. No problem.

And now that you have to download the SOMY cruise ship set, I as well can add a cruise ship terminal reward that contains only the SOMY models.
In fact it's the SOMY terminal, but modded as replacement of the in game reward.

And also with the Maxis automata. For those who like the U-Drive-It game option.

What do you think?

Greetings, Frank

w_swietwoot

Well frank, i would not bother with somys port if i were you. It does not add much untill somebody makes a better cruiseship automata.

For your lot, better but it needs work still. I also understand your pickle. I know for sure you will come up with something good. Gr.

FrankU

Hi Wouter,

Thanks for replying.

I made an improved version with more life on the ship side of the lot.

Better now?

The black area under the foundation is due to a Maxis bug. The foundation prop is not deep enough, and/or my sea bed is too low here. I should raise it a bit.
And I have to transit enable the parking entrance, so that passengers do not have to cross the sidewalks.

Jack_wilds

looks better... like the direction its taking...    :thumbsup:

FrankU

Hi Guys,

I finished my Cruise Terminal Reward. It comes in four versions.
You can get them at
LEX and STEX

Here are all four of them.

I hope you like at least one of them.

FrankU

Jack_wilds

noahclem

Outstanding work Frank  &apls  Look forward to trying one out  :thumbsup:

FrankU

Thanks Jack_wilds and noahclem

And, before you get bored.... Another one:

The Medical Research Center

A not too complicated one this time.
As the building is quite generic I just improved the lotting a bit. Nice? Or too simple?

carlfatal

I wasn´t active for some time but some things don´t change: I still see some very nice lotting here.  &apls

Looking to that golf course - that is a lot of work only to make everybody happy. But exactly work like this is, why so much people like to play this "old" game. And the new reward, the Medical Research Center - I like the lot. Everything is here, that should be. The fences, the entrance with barriers, very clean green - cool lot, and some I definitively will download.  :thumbsup:

Jack_wilds

it does the job... these such places aren't very 'fancy'...  :thumbsup:

usually its a secure looking place that is far from inviting... :P ::)

anyway, I like it... 

FrankU

Hi guys,

Thanks for the appreciations.

I thought I'd add a small strip for parking the employees' cars and a different street light at the entrance.
I also moved the streetwork a bit into the back and added a fence to make the transition to the concrete a bit realistic.

A bit better now, I guess.

Jack_wilds

noahclem

I meant to say yesterday that the first one looked great and today I'm surprised how much better the newest one looks  :bnn:

FrankU

Thanks Jack_wilds and noahclem.

And.... even better still!

I took the PEG security fences as they are way better than this improvised Maxis stuff. Right?