• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mackay... or, The Real Australia

Started by adroman, October 18, 2009, 03:37:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skyhigh

Great update Mate,

Been watching here a while, and must say the work is exellent quality. Its a great day to do the next update on, bring on the 26th!!!! :party:
And congrats on the OSItM, well deserved.

adroman

Thank you for the comments, one and all  :)

Now, it is unfortunate that I had to make a dash for Brisbane, but you can't scedule Family Emergencies, can you?  ()sad()

But... you can make the most of the trip!

When I was in Brisbane I took the chance to Travel out to RAAF Amberley, which is going to become Australia's largest Air Force base. I was lucky enough to take the trip on one of the days that the C-17 was doing a touch and go training routine... I did manage to get a photo of the bird in flight...

I hope y'all can see it well enough... I was taking a "shortcut" back to the City when I got this photo.

a Canberra Bomber on Gate Guard duty... this was the first Canberra built in Australia.

Enough Plane-geekery!

Now, on Sunday I made the trip up to Hervey Bay for a brief trip (brief, but ongoing!)... here's a few Beach shots to tide you over...

A shot from Urangan Beach to Point Vernon... which I quite like.

Looking South from that same beach... you can see Fraser Island in the Background.

A shot of two sculptures at a roundabout in the "Esplanade"... I quite like the Whale one, to be honest.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed my Amateur photography, and it gives y'all a bit of an insight into my world.
I might pop in with more photos soon, but if not... I'll be back on the 26th

Havva good one,
Adrian.
737s, Air Force, Australia... what next?

canyonjumper

Nice picsAdrian :thumbsup:. That beach shot is spectacular!

-Jordan 
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

Battlecat

Welcome back!  Hope all is well with your family! 

Great set of photos you snagged, it's always fun to catch a military aircraft in flight like that.  Those really are beautiful beaches as well!  Thanks for sharing the photos!

warconstruct

Province of Acadia since 2020
Province of Zillerthal (2014)
Port Aux Captes (2009-2011)
Province of Trieste (2006-2010)
Since SC4D 2007-2022

sumwonyuno

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

djvandrake

Nanami

ecoba

Such a nice medley of pictures from your trip, Adrian. Hope to see you back soon!

Ethan

trainguy4449

Very nice scenery around there, I must say. I like the C-17 shot, btw. Don't they say the Globemaster handles like an aircraft less than half its size? I mean, I saw USAF guys doing a demo with that thing up at the EAA Convention, and they were pulling maneuvers in that baby that I never thought were possible in a cargo jet.

Kumba

Very nice pictures, looks like you had a nice time!

Trainguy -

It is meant to be a military cargo aircraft that will be shot at, launched missles at, operate in a war enviroment, and to complete short landing, so it is supposed to handle like a aircraft half of its size to avoid all of above and to make tight manuvers. As well as cargoes are typically strapped down tighter than a normal freightner aircraft so the cargo can take the stress.

Basically, it is a Military cargo aircraft, and behaves like one.
______ F L Y  S C A G J E T S ______
The Most Reliable, Helpful, Diverse SimCity Aerospace Group LOTs BATs and MODs

adroman

Thanks for the comments, and well wishes  :) I hope everything is a bit more stable family-wise from now on...  %wrd

I'd do personal replies, but I'm trying to get ready for school tomorrow  ::)... I noticed a few of you were asking for the construction lots... they're avaliable here (STEX Link)

Today we're visiting Slade Point, which is a beach side suburb. The suburb is a wealthier suburb, dotted with large houses with excellent views of the Ocean. The suburb also has a little bit of warehousing mixed in... The suburb also has an excellent walkway system (which I made using the Marrast Walkway set)

A warehouse block that shows surrounding housing, an office building and a walkway down to a bus stop.
That "office block" is actually a hospital that I thought looked rather good as an office building.

The local Primary School... and the aforementioned Bus Stop.

A "nature reserve" that borders on the shoreline, these were put into practise to conserve the Waterfront Flora and Fauna that was being threatened by development.

I hope you enjoyed this "micro update", I should have a fuller update by the end of the month...  :-\ (depends on my work load!)

Havva good one,
Adrian.
737s, Air Force, Australia... what next?

bat

That are fantastic new shots there! Great work on that area of your city!! :thumbsup:

Battlecat

Great to see a new update!  It's a nice looking little town here, I like the addition of the natural reserve! 

canyonjumper

Nice suburb! I especially like the walkways and the nature reserve.

-Jordan
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

KoV Liberty

Wow Adrian! Very cool. :) I love the wilderness thing, very good touch. SC4 and RL. Down here in the Florida Keys we have a huge plane that sprays for mosquitoes. It is amazing how the thing flies! Its huge! The trip I trust was good and I am looking forward to your next update. :)

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

scott1964

Looking good. I like the "nature reserve"  :D

djvandrake

Quite nice and thanks for the link to the walkway set.  :thumbsup:

sumwonyuno

Wow, if those houses are to scale, then they really are spacious!  :D

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

Nexis4Jersey

Great update , i like the small town :thumbsup: , but your using right hand NAM and not the Left hand version ()what()