• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mackay... or, The Real Australia

Started by adroman, October 18, 2009, 03:37:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adroman

...Something's Coming.

A shot of a Bridge in the brilliant Summer Sunshine...  I was just playing with some Effects in Paint.Net when I made this!

January will be a big month here, with the Federation of Australia on the First to Australia Day on the Twenty Sixth...

Thanks for the replies on my Region Shot, I'll do some Replies soon.  :thumbsup:

Merry Christmas,
Adrian.
737s, Air Force, Australia... what next?

canyonjumper

Nice pic. What effects are you using?
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

KoV Liberty

Nice region shot! And I like that bridge. :)

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

Tomas Neto

Fantastic image and effects too!!! Great!!!  :thumbsup:

thingfishs

nice region shot Adrian, every MD needs one of those imo. I also like your stream there, what are the reeds/grasses you're using?

danielcote

how do you make bridges that go over the plop-able water?  &mmm

emgmod

Battlecat

Great looking little river there!  Looking forward to what you may have coming next!

calibanX

My curiosity is piqued. I'm looking forward to a big month here in January  :thumbsup:

Geoff
Where City and Country Flow Together

Bobbi

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)

ecoba

An evil teaser, Adrian. But, it's looking great!  ;D

Ethan

adroman

Replies

Ethan (ecoba) ~ Thank you, I used SC4Mapper... as per dob's instructions in the Map download... And the teaser wan't that bad  $%Grinno$%

Jordan (canyonjumper) ~ Thank you, my friend. and I'm the effects I used were Brighten then Sharpen... good luck, it takes a while to get it just right  ;)

Corey (Nexis4Jersey) ~ Thank you, and yes there will be a Reef update in the future  ;)

dobdriver ~ Thank you, and it wouldn't have happened without your map! I'm glad you think it's realistic, it's what I'm shooting for  ()stsfd()

sumwonyuno ~ Thank you, and yes... I was quite annoyed when I figured out it was in the wrong spot. I wish SC4 had a "Cut and Paste" system.

976 ~ Thank you, my friend.

warconstruct ~ Thank you, pop in again soon  :)

Bobbi ~ Thank you Bobbi!

Battlecat ~ Thank you, there will be more developments in the future, that's for sure  ;D

djvandrake ~ Thank you, I'm glad I can put things in proportion for everyone.

Alex (Driftmaster07) ~ Thank you, I'm glad you like it.

Tomas Neto ~ Thank you, I'm happy that you like it  ()stsfd()

thingfishs ~ Thank you, it was about time I got one  ;) I'm using a mix of reeds, RRP Reeds are the darker green ones and are available here the lighter green ones were made by It's slipped my mind who made them... I'll get back to you on that.

danielcote ~ How to Build a Land Bridge

emgmod ~ Thank you, emgmod.

Geoff (calibanX) ~ Excellent, I hope I don't dissapoint  ;)

As much as I hate teasers...

Head to Queensland for an action packaged January!

Don't worry, that's a real livery... It was made by Joel for our 737 Project.

I'll have a full update by the end of the week, I promise  ;D

emgmod

I love specialized liveries. It breaks the monotony of seeing planes all exactly the same. How is this going to tie in to the full update?

Nanami

Hm, It's nice. I hope the whole "737 Projects" will be out soon. Also I wait the update.

thingfishs

nice virgin plane there Joel. Nice teaser Adrian.
Thanks for letting me know about the reeds, although it's the other one that I was actually after. But I'll be around when you remember...

rooker1

It gives me great pleasure to move this fantastic MD into the spotlight for the month of January.

Congratulations from myself and The SC4D Staff!!
Call me Robin, please.

thingfishs

well double congrats Adrian, for the January spotlight as well as a glowing review in the first issue of the SC magazine! :thumbsup:

adroman

It's been a big week, but a good one!

To be perfectly honest here, I never expected that I'd get to OSITM along side the MD Greats, or have such a stunning review in the First Community Magazine...I guess I must be doing something right!

Well, I hope I don't disappoint this month.

Before I finish off a lingering update, I'd better do the polite thing...

emgmod ~ Why, thank you... and you'll see  ;)

976 ~ Thank you, my friend... and the 737s will be released soon enough. &Thk/( I think.

thingfishs ~ Thank you, thingfishs... and I'm 80% sure they were made by Goldiva, they should be available on the STEX under his name.

rooker1 ~ Thank you for that, I'm more than happy to be in the Spotlight.

thingfishs ~ Two replies?... No, it's fine my friend, visit as often as you like   ;)... and thank you, I was very humbled by both honours.

Now, on with the update...

I wanted to finish off the Airport once and for all today, I didn't show it all properly in the original update... and I had to relocate it shortly after that update.

Mackay Airport (YBMK) has two runways, the main runway (14/32) is 1,981m long and the smaller, cross runway is (05/23) is 1,344m long. In 2008 the airport moved some 730,000+ passengers, this makes the Airport the 15th Busiest in Australia.

Ah, I guess I'd better share a bit of "Aviation Lingo" here... when I say "14/32" I am refering to the Magnetic Heading of the runway, as explained by Wikipedia:
Any runway is given a number between 01 and 36. This indicates the runway's heading: A runway with the number 36 points to the north (360°), runway 09 points east (90°), runway 18 is south (180°), and runway 27 points west (270°). Thus, the runway number is one tenth of the runway centerline's magnetic azimuth, measured clockwise from the magnetic declination.

Did ya get that?  ::) If you did, you probably already knew what it meant... for the rest of you, there's examples and pictures here.

Anyway, the numbers for our runways have not been made yet  &mmm I guess I'll do them one day!

A shot of the Head to Queensland Livery, I've never seen it in Mackay, I guess there isn't much sense in Advertising Queensland in Queensland. Also, you can see the Qantas 737-400... which you may recognise from Joel's Update, in reality Qantas hasn't flown 737's to Mackay in many years, but I was feeling nostalgic  ;D

Also, here is an excellent shot of the plane with the HtQ livery on it.

The General Aviation Apron, were the Aero Club and other things are located... They aren't Warehouses, per se, but big sheds that have just been built along side the tarmac.

The Football grounds, these run parallel to the Runway... there is a stadium planned for this area, but no construction as of yet. In this shot you can see the little drain that fills with seawater when the tide comes in, and flushes the storm water out to sea when the tides drop again.

The Airport Fire Station, no super interesting stories here...

The Airport Overview... I had to white out the ...err... incomplete sections of that area. The shot shows a bit of an inlet that runs through from Far Beach.

Now, I'm going to close the "Airport" Chapter, I'm sure you've all had enough of it!

I'll have another update shortly... Perhaps with a late Christmas Present attached to it.

Havva good one,
Adrian.

Battlecat

First, congratulations on your entry into OSITM!  I'd say you've certainly earned it with your hard work here so far!

Great details about the local airport.  The Aeroclub and the little drainage ditch that flushes during the low tide are both really great touches! 

canyonjumper

Nice airport, it looks very realistic to me. And Congrats on OSITM! You deserve it.

-Jordan
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.