• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mackay... or, The Real Australia

Started by adroman, October 18, 2009, 03:37:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobbi

Good update!

Welcome to page 10.

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)

kwakelaar

I really liked your work on the beaches in your previous update and some very good shots from East Mackay.
And again some wonderful images from the more rural parts, you do those very well.
The green balls along the river are those stones or bushes? I have seen those before, but I think they always look rather odd.

dobdriver

That's interesting Adrian,

How is stuff fitting into the map, just something that cammo mentioned and I have not done yet is SC maps are 1024m rather than 1km so over 10 large city tiles the map is stretched almost 1km. So the mackay map is actually 32.76km but only showing 32km of terrain.

take it easy
dobdriver

Battlecat

Excellent update!  I'm really looking forward to putting a few of those SFBT lots to use in my region!  And those new suburban homes look excellent!  Can't wait to get them in my region! 

Thanks for the links as well!

Luke09

Tu és
Time de tradição,raça,amor e paixão,
Ó meu mengo...
Eu,sempre te amarei,
Onde estiver estarei
Ó meu mengo

sumwonyuno

Nice to see those ITC suburban houses actually in the game.

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

tooheys

Guess I've been absent for a while, but that pic of the rail and road bridges deserved a comment. Typical Aussie layout. Roads and rail taking different routes and crossing each other on a regular basis (and in a lot of cases without rhyme or reason  :D ). Very nice indeed  :thumbsup:

And everything else is looking great as well. Looking good Adrian.

Dave

Tomas Neto

Fantastic rural area!! Nice update!!!  :thumbsup:

Nardo69

Another nice rural MD. I like that you left so many spaces open; I tend to fill them wit forrests. Good works with the RRP paths. The railway line(s) look good so far but I haven't seen any RR stations yet.

The airport - is an airport.

Take care!

Bernhard :thumbsup:

adroman

Well guys, I'm sorry it's been a while since you've heard from me, I've been wrapped up in Joel and my 737 Project over at SCAG... So, I'll have a full update shortly, but for now I've got a region shot... But, before that:

Replies

Driftmaster07 ~ Thanks, my friend!

ecoba ~ Thank you for your interest... I quite liked the bridges myself... I have that region shot for you today.

Bobbi ~ Thank you... Page 10... quite exciting!

kwakelaar ~ Thank you, my friend... Those are actually Mangroves, they look unusual from a distance... they were made by Goldiva and available on the STEX.

dobdriver ~ That's interesting... SC4's scale isn't that realistic anyway... don't worry about it, you're map is perfect as it is  ;)

Battlecat ~ Thank you, my friend! I agree, the SFBT and ITC sets are fantastic... As I said, the Suburban Set will revolutionise suburbs!

Luke09 ~ Thank you, Luke.

sumwonyuno ~ Yes, they are great.

tooheys:D Thank you... and yes, our Roads and Rail cross for no actual reason... Thank you for the comment, Dave!

Tomas Neto ~ Thank you! I enjoy doing Rural Areas  ;)

Nardo69 ~ Thank you Nardo, I love you're forrests, they look fantastic in your settings, but they wouldn't suit mine... I'll have a bit of Train Station  action soon... there's only 3 stations in Mackay anyway  ()stsfd()

The Locales of which I've shown so far are shown here... you may notice the lack of Airport, as I had to demolish that because I put it in the wrong tile  ::)

I admit that the map is a bit of a mess right now, but I'll have it completed in due time.

Now, y'all have a Merry Christmas if I don't get an update in before that!

Havva good one,
Adrian.
737s, Air Force, Australia... what next?

ecoba

Wow, Adrian, that's one spiffy region view!

The cities and the farms are looking really cool from above. One thing though? How did you open the map file in TerraFormer (Mapper) if it's a greyscale?

Ethan

canyonjumper

That's an awesome region view  :thumbsup:

-Jordan
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

Nexis4Jersey

Cool Region Shot , any plans for a small Reef?  Also i loved ur last update  :thumbsup:

~Corey

dobdriver

Adrian,

Looks very umm, realistic!  :D

This is growing into a superb re-creation

take it easy

sumwonyuno

Sad to hear the airport was in the wrong place.  &mmm

At least the updated region view is something to marvel at.  ;)

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

Nanami

warconstruct

Province of Acadia since 2020
Province of Zillerthal (2014)
Port Aux Captes (2009-2011)
Province of Trieste (2006-2010)
Since SC4D 2007-2022

Bobbi

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)

Battlecat

Very nice looking regional map.  It's nice to see how all these developments are distributed. 

djvandrake

Great region map.  Gives a nice sense of scale to your works.  :)