• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mackay... or, The Real Australia

Started by adroman, October 18, 2009, 03:37:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Battlecat

Looking good.  I agree that first shot needs something, possibly a slight increase in the waterfront plant diversity.  But I'm not sure what to suggest at this stage.  Still, looking forward to your next update as always. 

Tomas Neto

Very nice update!! Great work!!  :thumbsup:

kbieniu7

Update small... but I feel climate  :)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

djvandrake

I'll have a fair bit next week, as I have "Study Leave", which is more like "SimCity Leave" for me...

:D  Love it!  I need a Sim City leave too!  Great update and looking forward to the next one.

ecoba

It's beautiful, Adrian.

But, don't keep me waiting much longer for your next update. I've lready got a twitch for this MD.

I really like that intersection at the end of the bridge. And the windmill.

....twirly....

Ethan

adroman

REPLIES

Earth quake ~ Thanks, my friend, you should see it in real life...  ;)

Driftmaster07 ~ Thanks for your comment... I'm sorry, but the Battle of Midway happened a fair way off Mackay... and I'm trying to avoid anything to ...errr... political, otherwise I would   ::)... I'll see you around, my friend.

danielcote ~ Yes, that shot's on the back burner right now, but I will finish it for y'all... Thanks for your comment, mate.

Sciurus ~ heh, yes, it is rather... I'll have a completed shot soon... I promise. Hope to see you around  :thumbsup:

dobdriver ~ They're made by Goldiva, avaliable here... Perhaps another list item? ... I'm not able to mod them right now, but I was considering a Tree set in the future. Thanks for your comment, I'll see you on the board, eh?

thingfishs ~ Another Team member, eh? Thanks for answering Dobdriver's question, hope to see you around here again!

Bobbi ~ Thanks my friend.

Battlecat ~ Yes, thanks my friend. I do agree, the waterfront is become somewhat tiresome, I'll be moving onto some...other things... in the next few updates.

Tomas Neto ~ Thanks, hope to see you back here soon  ;)

kbieniu7 ~ heh, thanks my friend... I hope to have a bigger update very soon!

ecoba ~ Thank you, thank you, thank you! I hope I don't dissapoint... and I thought that Bridge looked pretty good myself, just quietly.

Something of an Update

Sorry guys, but I ...err... have been working on some Top Secret things with SCAG and Team Downunder, which is why I haven't had much SC4 time of the late.

I might do a Spin off update in the future of somewhere other than Mackay, I was thinking something with the Railways. It might even end up in Mackay... You never know...

I'll have it by Monday next week. You have my word.  :thumbsup:

Havva good one,
Adrian.

EDIT: What about just one little picture?

737s, Air Force, Australia... what next?

Earth quake

joelyboy911

SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

Battlecat

Very nice boat!  There's always room in this game for more boats! 

Silur

Excellent boat for Rural Passenger Ferry   &apls &apls &apls
We have no some interesting or no interesting Ferry boats with Passenger and Passenger with Cars ...
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

KoV Liberty

Very nice ferry! (Hey that rymed. $%Grinno$% Lol) Will that be an in-game replacement or a prop?

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

sumwonyuno

Well I for one am looking forward to see how that boat looks in game.  :P

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

Bobbi

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)

ecoba

Gasp, yay!

Sorry if it seemed a little pushy earlier on the page...

You really have a thing for BATting, though Adrian.

Can't wait for more,

Ethan

Tomas Neto

Fantastic picture, very nice boat!!  :thumbsup:

adroman

Earth quake ~ Thanks my friend! Hope to see you around here again  ;)

Joel ~ Nice to see you around here again, my friend...

Battlecat ~ Thanks, I agree... more boats are needed.

Silur ~ It's actually a Tug boat, but I'm sure it'd suit your purposes as well  ;)

Driftmaster07 ~ Ah, it will be just a prop, the Model is too high quality to be a replacement. Come again soon!

sumwonyuno ~ Thanks, I am too  :P I haven't had the time to do much BATing recently, I'll get back to it after a ...Secret Project... which you will see here shortly.

Bobbi ~ Thanks Bobbi! Come again soon... which I know you will...  :P

ecoba ~ Pushy? If you were... it was far to polite  ;). Thanks, but I'm only a beginner BATer... Come again soon!

Tomas Neto ~ Thanks Thomas! Catcha around  :)

Sorry for the lack of ...err... quality here in the last few weeks, School has been piling up... and, unfortunately, something had to give... and it just happened to be SimCity  ::)... But, I'm back now, and we return to The Real Australia.

Balnagown is a locale about 15 minutes from the Mackay CBD... It's an area covered in Cane Fields with only a few residents living in the Country side. The area borders the Bruce Highway to the North, Pioneer River to the South. Balnagown was settled by John Cook and his wife in 1862, he was the second settler in the region, the first being John Mackay. Balnagown was born a cattle station, but lives today as Cane Country.

Now to the images!

A Cane Farm with a Cow Paddock in the middle, looks like a mixed herd...

Down to a Sugar Tramway siding... a bit of Basic Lotting here... Here they load the sugar onto Trams that carry it to the Sugar Mills, probably Farleigh Mill since it's on the North side of the River.
In hindsight, that grass doesn't look that great  &mmm

The Farm House... you might notice that it's also a beach house from an earlier date, but it suited the purpose... waste not, want not, eh?... Another cow paddock here. As you may recall, Cane farmers often graze cattle on land that isn't suited to Cane crops.

A bend in the Maraju-Yakapari Road... which links the back of Mackay to the Seaforth turn off... something we'll visit later on.

The Maraju-Yakapari Road has a fair few tight bends and unusual curves in it.

The beginning (or end) of a Creek that flows through the area...it seems the Creek's name has slipped my mind... You probably noticed I'm using North American flora here, it's the closest thing to "creek side flora"... for now.

Maraju-Yakapari Road crossing the creek.

The creek flowing down the hills at the back of Balnagown.

Another waterfall, a small one at that.

That's another update...done and dusted... I'll have more soon, very soon.

Havva good one,
Adrian.
737s, Air Force, Australia... what next?

joelyboy911

Nice farmland, and natural landscaping as well. Gotta love those c.p trees, eh? And Jeroni's ones too.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

sumwonyuno

Great update!  :thumbsup:

Heh, I don't feel like driving (or riding) on that curvy road.  Is that small wooden power/telephone poles I see along that road?

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

Bobbi

Very great! The sugar field is very huge! :D

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)

Battlecat

Well I'm glad you've got your priorities in order!  As much as I'm loath to admit it, when push comes to shove in real life, Simcity is one of the first things I'm forced to cut off the list too.  Nobody here's going to fault you for it.  I like the details you've put into the latest update, the winding gravel roads are very nicely done!  That winding road is very cool, and you've done a great job on that water course as well! 

One thought on your boat props if you're working on it.  If you're inclined, you could make two different versions of the prop, one with the whole bottom intact for transparent water such as game water or the transparent plopable water, and another one truncated at the waterline.  A boat truncated at the waterline would work really nicely on the non-transparent plopable water that sits flat on the ground (such as the edmonton style, or Pegs Tahoe).  Anyhow, just a thought that occurred while I was admiring that boat again.

Keep up the great work!