• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mackay... or, The Real Australia

Started by adroman, October 18, 2009, 03:37:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joelyboy911

Adrian, here I am again.

I just wanted to congratulate you...

You've made it to the 'Best Sellers' section, with this - Reply #100.

Well done.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

Nexis4Jersey

adroman

Well guys, you've astounded me...  ;)

The Real Australia: The Best Seller... has a nice ring to it, doesn't it  :P

Now, Classics before Christmas  ::) ...When pigs fly, eh?...

Now, some statistics:

This graph shows anyone who has posted twice or more.

I'd like to start today's update by saying a heartfelt thank you to all those who posted!
Now that we've reached this mile stone, let's look back at the history of The Real Australia.

October 01, 2007....... The date that I registered at this wonderful site.
July 11, 2009............. My first post
July-September.......... Mostly lurking, but viewing many MD's and projects around the joint
September 30, 2009.... I opened my Lot Editor thread, where I begun showing some of my aircraft lots
October 01, 2009........ I receive a Personal Message from my now Partner in Crime, Joelyboy911 about my nomination for SCAG (Coincidently, two years after I registered!)
October of 2009......... Many discussions with Joel about MDing
October 17, 2009....... The original The Real Australia Region was opened
October 19, 2009....... The Real Australia was born, straight out of the woodwork
November 04, 2009.... The Real Australia moved into Part 2, the quasi-recreation of Mackay
November 09, 2009.... Comment #100 made by Joelyboy911. Best Sellers... Ohhh yeeaaahhhh!
The Future?.............. It is up to you guys  ;) Tell me what you like, and what you don't!

To all, it's been a great ride, and hopefully the trip isn't over yet... Your comments make it all worthwhile. Remember, if you've lurked here, please I implore you to comment, the community is a fantastically supportive one, and you have to be in it to know it!

Also, a few weeks back at our school assembly our Deputy Principal was discussing the idea of getting involved in school functions, he used a particularly good metaphor; I'm going to apply it here...

There are two types of people in The Real Australia:
Locals and Tourists.

Locals get involved, they know what is happening and who is around, they can tell you everything about The Real Australia... They're the valued, trusted locals who are a staple of the MD.

Tourists are the opposite, they look through what there is... and pass on by.

I implore you, my friends, get involved! Post, comment, critise... whatever you want to say, it's all welcome here. This may only have #101 Comments and 2091 Views, but think, that's at the most 1990 visitors who didn't let themselves be heard!

Luke09, Driftmaster07, Joelyboy911, Bobbi, Jmouse, Thomas neto, Battlecat, Earth quake, djvandrake, Sciurus, Nexis4Jersey, ecoba, danielcote, sumwonyuno, thingfishs, dobdriver....

These guys are the locals, Are you a tourist, or a local?

I'm going to leave with a quote:
"In twenty years from now you will be more dissapointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So, throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover.
"

As I always say:
Havva good one, but this time I mean it, you guys made my day!

Adrian.

737s, Air Force, Australia... what next?

Nanami

Great update, look nice with those planes. Congratulation you reach 100th post!

Battlecat

Missed a nice little update this weekend!  Nice touch adding the access road on the island, and that shot with the plane looks great!  Congratulations on making it the Best Seller section!

rooker1

It gives me great pleasure to move your MD to the "Best Sellers" section.  &apls

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

sumwonyuno

Heh, an official congratulations is in order!

Hmm, I don't think I only had 1 view on this page...?  It must be 50+ views contributed by me  :P

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

KoV Liberty

Very cool timeline there!

Quote from: adroman on November 08, 2009, 11:53:23 PM
Now, Classics before Christmas  ::) ...When pigs fly, eh?...

Nonsense. I saw a pig on an airplane just yesterday.

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

djvandrake

Yay!  I've always wanted to be a local.  ;D

Congrats on Best Sellers &apls  Well deserved.  I'm looking forward to many more great updates.

Bobbi

Congratulations on "Best Sellers" section &apls

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)

Earth quake

Welcome in Best-Sellers section adroman.  &apls

Tomas Neto

adroman

Well guys, it's time that I dusted off the cobwebs and fired up SC4 again...

Anyway, I'm not going to do individual replies this time, instead a massive Thank you! to all those who have congratulated me on the Best Sellers induction.  :thumbsup: Many thanks, actually!

Now, I've been in the middle of Exams at school, so study, study... However, I managed 15mins of SC4 time today, and took a few shots:

A part of the Pioneer River, closer to the Ocean (which is actually a sea, the Coral Sea)
I'm not exactly overjoyed with this shot, it defiantly needs some work.

A semi-recreation of the John Cook Bridge (keep that name in mind, you'll be hearing a bit about it later)... It looks alright, in my opinion.

Now,

To be continued, this is no where near finished...

I'll have a fair bit next week, as I have "Study Leave", which is more like "SimCity Leave" for me...

Anyway, to compliment this MD I'm doing a bit of "recreative" BATting in my new team, Team Downunder... so, I guess you could call that the Workshop, and this office.  ::)

Again, all comments are welcome!

Havva good one,
Adrian.
737s, Air Force, Australia... what next?

Earth quake

Just splendid udpate adroman.  &apls
The pioner river is really nice.

KoV Liberty

Its time you got another reply.

Nice work there Adrian! Is your region big enough to make the islands of the Coral Sea? Where the 2nd part of the battle of midway took place. Americans vs Japanese.

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

danielcote

Pretty good so far but as you stated it is not yet finished. I'll love to see it when its done.

Sciurus

This is very good, but the latest image is a bit empty :P

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

dobdriver

Congrats Adrian,

and good luck for your exams. your mangroves are terrific, who made them. can you mod them to a darker bottle green?

But just having the sea lap around trees is excellent.

take it easy
dobdriver

thingfishs

looking good Adrian, the mangrove shot is the best, nice murky water.
btw dobdriver they are available as part of goldiva's "MAYOR MODE TROPICAL TREE SET"
http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=13067

Bobbi

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)