• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mackay... or, The Real Australia

Started by adroman, October 18, 2009, 03:37:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke09

its ok androman,and im still think that industrial area is pretty  :thumbsup:
Tu és
Time de tradição,raça,amor e paixão,
Ó meu mengo...
Eu,sempre te amarei,
Onde estiver estarei
Ó meu mengo

adroman

Sorry it's been a bit quiet lately, I think Real Life's going to eat me alive!

Anyway, no fancy banner for Replies today EDIT: I made one  ()stsfd(), unfortunately... I'll return to my usual style next week (when all my assignments are in!)  :-\

Thomas Neto ~ Thanks my friend! I really enjoy making rural areas...

Luke09 ~ Heh, that's fine, my friend... and thanks!

Beard of Zeus! Page four already?! I must be doing something right  :P

Couldn't of done it without you guys!

Now that I'm in Da Hood thanks to my Home-dog, I got a Beta copy of the hottest Turbo-props on Da West Side ~ If you can't read this, don't fret... I can't either  :P

Anyway, Joel (joelyboy911) gave me the chance to use a QantasLink Q-400...

So, I made up an Airport typical of a Mining Centre, such as Moranbah, Dysart or to a limited extent, Mackay...

On with the Half-an-update...

The terminal building... with a Dash-8 and some LearJet's... Typical scene at these types of Airports, Charter jets and a Regional Prop.

Now, don't tell anyone, but them marking are actually used in New Zealand, I never did Aussie markings, (not enough time!)

A final overview of the tarmac...

Comments, suggestion, criticisms and the like are always welcome...

I'll be in with Update 4 at the end of next week.
Havva good one!
737s, Air Force, Australia... what next?

joelyboy911

Very nice airport Adrian, great job. Those planes look amazing, good choice! :P

SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

Tomas Neto

thingfishs

g'day fellow Australian,
nice work in general with your posts, some great attention to detail. I was impressed with the tracks extending out from the cane fields. I'm a long term player but am brand new to lotting. I'm originally from Mclaren Vale, which is a wine region in SA, and I've created some good looking vine rows in the LE. I found an overlay tyre mark texture that's almost right but not. Yours won't work for mine because I need two sets of tyre tracks per square. Any advice on where to look for, or how to go about creating/modifying for such a result? Any help appreciated,
cheers

Bobbi

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)

Luke09

Nice airport!Hey Androman,can you show an overview of the region?and an overview of the entire airport?
Tu és
Time de tradição,raça,amor e paixão,
Ó meu mengo...
Eu,sempre te amarei,
Onde estiver estarei
Ó meu mengo

Earth quake

adroman

Mackay's Newspaper

This just in: I've updated the first post, to have a Contents Page, and make me sounds less Newby-ish!
Also, I'll have an update on Wednesday/Thursday/Friday...

That's all the news for today... you are now up-to-date...

Yes, I finally got around to doing a banner!

Joel (Joelyboy911) ~ First reply, as usual... (I don't know why :P), thanks, my friend... Those planes? heh your planes look amazing! Come back soon...

Thomas Neto ~ Ah, thanks my friend!

thingfishs ~ G'day, thanks for your interest, to tell you the truth, the tracks are from the RRP, I simply put some textures underneath them... the Sugar Fields are SimGoober's, and I relotted them, again. and for that, it might be easier to make your own textures... I'll find you a tutorial and PM you a link... and if you really want, I'll have some free time this week, I'll give it a burl myself... Come back soon!

Bobbi ~ It took a while to make, but I'm happy with the result, I'm glad you are too!

Luke09 ~ Ah, the region... heh... it's not finished yet... or anywhere near finished... but I'll show you it when it's done. and I'll get a picture of the airport shortly... Thanks for the comment!

Earth quake ~ Thanks my friend, come back soon...

To all...

Thank you, come again!

thingfishs

thanks mate,
I detailed my problem here http://simpeg.com/forum/index.php?topic=8041.0
but I can't say I'm convinced that it'll be too hard to learn (as the first response there suggested). The actual placement/spacing of the tracks is crucial for my lot to work, and I suspect I'll have to learn to make/modify my own. Thanks for the link, and please pm me any info you might come across. If, however you take it upon yourself to have a crack, who am I to stop you?  ;)

adroman

@ thingfishs... I these links, you'd be interested: Textures - Base and Overlay and SC4Tool

I'll have a go this week, but if you figure it out yourself, that's aces with me!

Ermm... also guys, I'm going to start using the map of Mackay that was recently released on the STEX, so I'll have that region shot soon!

thingfishs

thanks for the links, I'm making progress, and hitting a few brick walls. I've learnt to extract, modify, repackage and rename the texture, (although I'm still waiting for my official range) but it's still not showing up in the LE, nonetheless it's remarkable progress considering. (lucky I didn't listen to the guy at simpeg ;))
I suspect it's still not going to look quite right but I'm happy to be getting my head around this stuff.

adroman

By the gods, is it that time again?

Anyway, only one reply, so is it really worth a banner? ...Adrian, stop being so lazy!... ...Yes, mum!...

I'll have one later, mmmkay?

thingfishs ~ Sounds great! I seen your progress at SimPeg....

Anyway, on with the update:

Well, I finally got around to getting myself a proper map (an excellent map, at that)... as opposed to my previous style of opening a new tile, building, pictures, and leaving...

Awesome, eh? It's virgin land, for the moment, I'll be back later this week for more pictures...

emgmod

I went on Street View and looked up the town. If you're recreating it, this could become an amazing MD.

sumwonyuno

That region view looks awesome!   :thumbsup:

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

dobdriver

That's coming along great,Adrian

The cane is excellent, tell 'em how the cane grows right up to the road and right up to the tram tracks. Gawd I nearly got meself plastered a few times by 'em.

Nice map  :thumbsup:

Cheers
dobdriver

Earth quake

ecoba

Adroman, have I not showed my face here before.

Well, shame on me, this is quite a good MD you have here, and I'll be watching it closely from now on.

Ethan

Battlecat

Nice map!  Looking forward to seeing what you'll be putting in here!

adroman

Homeward bound
I wish I was
Homeward bound
Home, where my thought's escaping
Home, where my music's playing
Home, where my love lies waiting
Silently for me

Homeward Bound ~ Simon and Garfunkel

Appropriate, eh?

Anyway that said... or sung ... I have reached a crossroads in this MD: I have started a new region. I have decided to start to do a rough Recreation, I will be using my own custom BATs and LOTs to make this more authentic.
Change is a wonderful thing, but I think I'll stick with my current style of Pop Culture references, Wikipedia Links, etc.

Now, should we start with the replies?... Nah, they can wait...  :P

emgmod ~ Thanks man, I will try to stick to the city as much as possible...

sumwonyuno ~ Thanks my friend, it's actually dobdriver's map...

dobdriver ~ Thanks my friend! I sure will, I may/may not have done the same thing myself  :P Yes it is a nice map, your nice map! Pop in anytime!

Ethan (ecoba) ~  No, you haven't, it great to see you here though  ;)... Thanks for your praise, and I do hope to see you around here, (lurking or otherwise  ::))

Battlecat ~ Thanks man, it's a great map, I hope to be able to capture our city for you guys! Come again soon...

Update now? ...About time!...

Alrighty then... Today I'll be showing two islands off our coast... creatively named "Flat Top" and "Round Top", if I'll get a picture of them next time I'm at the beach...

Anyway, Round Top island has alot of history, such as being the repeater station for the old Telegraph wires, and was famously used in the 1918 cyclone to contact Brisbane...

An overview of the island...

A close up of the transmitter tower...

A final shot of the island

Now, Flat Top's less interesting...

Just a regular old island, popular fishing spot, though!

A final picture of the island, showing the tip of the island...

Anyway, I hope that you've enjoyed the first instalment of the new The Real Australia... tell me what you think!

As always, havva good one...

Adrian.