• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

No Growth Anymore

Started by Fabian93, October 11, 2009, 01:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fabian93

Hi,

First: I know that there have been a lot of topics with that title and it's probably a dumb question. I've searched on Simtropolis and on this site, too. I have found many replies that suggested some solutions. I tried everything, but I just can't figure out what the problem is. I came up against this problem a month or so ago.

When I started with my region/city everything worked fine - I zoned some residential and some commercial and the buildings just grew like crazy! You need to know that I prefer W2W blocks at the moment, so I always zone medium density. Well the city grew and grew until I had like 170000 Sims in my city.
When I then started the game everything seemed to stop... I zoned and zoned but nothing happened. Nothing at all.
After almost 20 - 30 game years some small buildings grew and so I am at a currently population of 185000 Sims. It took almost 100 or more game years to let these 15000 Sims come in.
The commercial "population" in my city is at approximately 225000 so there should be enough Jobs for everybody. But nobody comes in anymore.

I really hope you can help me, even though I know that this is probably one of the most annoying topics ever, since so many people ask it... but I don't know... I just want my city to grew the way it did before: fast and good  :).
Oh, and you should know that I use the Super Ordinance Mod by raphalninja (don't remember the exact name of that Mod or the Author but you can find it one the STEX).

I uploaded the most important maps from the game (hope I translated them right [I know they're a little bit cut off, but you'll still get the point...]):
Click!

Yes I know I'm not the best player so no need to tell me. If you need more pictures feel free to ask ;).

Thanks in advance - your help would be really appreciated,
Fabian  :thumbsup:

PS: Mods, Please don't move this thread yet - I know there have been threads like this - but I somehow need individual help, you can, however, merge my topic with another topic if you think that it is necessary. Thanks a lot :).

alan_vzla

Have you checked your building styles? maybe nothing is growing anymore because all of your buildings are of an especific tileset, lets say European.

Now, if you have set you building styles to rotate, then there should be a period that your buildings of Euro don't grow. Try changing your building styles to euro and choose the option of only use that one, try and see if you see some construction in your city

I'm suggesting this method because sometimes when I'm playing suddenly there is no more growth on my city and this is the case... so give it a try

Fabian93

Thanks a lot for your reply, it is really appreciated  :).
But I have to say, that I already have done that (since starting the city, I've only played in the Euro-Style  &mmm)

Thanks a lot for your help, though,
Fabian  :thumbsup:

RippleJet

Fabian, could you download the Census Repository Facility and plop it in your city?
Then query that facility, and post the picture of that query here.

Strategist01

Silly question, but do you have industrial in a neighbouring cty? If not, you should zone some, as this kickstarts growth.

Fabian93

Thanks a lot for your replies  :)

RippleJet, I've uploaded the requested image - thanks for your help  &apls

Strategist01, yes I have a small port in my neighbouring city so with that I also have some industrial Jobs... :thumbsup:

Strategist01

Hmm, your city has an EQ of 200, so therefore everyone will work at $$$ jobs. Does your commercial sector have enough CO$$$ towers, and a lot of CS $$$? if not, put your takes up to 7.00 for med-wealth and up to 9.00 for low wealth. This might help. Also, are there civic services there? (police, fire, schools hospitals) If commercial doesn't work, can you attract I-HT into either that city or into a neighbouring city? If you do put that in, keep the dirty industry out, but leave the manufacturing industry, but make sure to download the Goobergen air purification plant so that the IHT won't mind being next to the I-M. also, placing large parks and water down, and zoning 3x4 lots will get you more industry. I hope that helps :)

Ripplejet will have to correct me if i'm wrong, the finer details of the census repository are lost on me %confuso

RippleJet

I would recommend that you take a look at the values under Drives in the Census query.

The workforce drives (demand of occupation) show that you already have a lot more CS$$ (111,095) than the drives give you (22,443).
You also have a huge drive of I-HT (40,723).

The drives as such are not directly proportional to the demand,
which can be increased e.g. by reducing the taxes (which is what you have done).

The census drives (demand of workforce) show where you have the biggest problem though.
The drives for R$ stand at 213,463, but there are only 76,479 in your city.
The drives for R$$ stand at 135,839, but there are only 79,667 in your city.

All commercial services demand R$ workers more than anything else.
Even CS$$$ employ 62% poor people, and only 8% rich people.

I believe you want more wealthy houses in your city than the simulator wants to give you... ::)
Thus, to get a more balanced development, allow R$ and R$$ suburbs to grow around this city.