• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Architecture Windows - Can they be modified or added to?

Started by Gaston, October 04, 2009, 09:15:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaston

Okay first if this is in the wrong place please move it.    Second, If it is a dumb idea that I missed some old discussion about just delete it.

There are four selections that can be made in the game reguarding "tile sets".  (Houston, Euro, New York, Chicago [ I think that is right ]).   I am assuming the original game this was used to modify what buildings would be built to maintain a "theme".   I have always played so that I would "build all at once" or "change each year".    Since there are so many custom lots I want to be sure that all are available to me.     It would seem to me that someone would have played around with this by now to see what changes could be made.

What I was thinking is this:
    Could these be either changed to choose a specific theme or pehaps added to to do the same.     Like let's say someone wanted to build with Japanese themed buildings.   If one could add a button that said "Tokyo".    With that selected noting but Japanese themed buildings would grow.      A program would have to be written to modify what sets the lot would grow in.   But, based on the talent around here that doesn't seem like it would be too tough.     Once that program existed, the control of growables would be dramatically increased.       Similar to what Pegasus' Mountain Theme Pack tries to do, but on a less global scale.       Not trying to control the look of terrain just the growable buldings.    You'd still have buildings that would build all the time.    But, you could control most of the others so your cities would look very specific.      Plus switching from one to another would allow you to build "neighborhoods" without having to plop large areas.    You could zone areas, select your theme, and let it grow till it became full of say "W2W Paris Buildings"

So, I guess what I want to know is...

• is it possible to modify these ?
  • is it possible to add to them ?
  • is there anyone out there who has tried to attempt this ?
  • is there anyone willing to try this ?

---Gaston 
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

Andreas

You can rename the existing labels and mod your lots to grow in the desired tileset, but unfortunately, it's not possible to add more tilesets, since this would require a modification of the EXE file.
Andreas