• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

• Recreating Berlin - Germany •

Started by kelis, September 08, 2009, 10:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ecoba

Aha, well I've had trouble updating because of the football cup as well !  :P  It is quite peculiar as to who you should cheer for this match.  :)

Can't wait for another update from Berlin ! :)

Ethan

RickD

Ah well, eventually we can be happy it was "just" a 1:0. It could easily have been a 3:0.  ::) Spain was the much better team.
I am not really a football fan so I don't care much but I was looking forward to the party.  ;D
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Gilikov1994

no problemo ;),

I'm excited what the score will be, sorry but I'm for the Netherlands,  Jonathan :P
I guess it will be very though for Holland, the score will be 2-1 for the Netherlands, agree :P?

your friend, Giel :thumbsup:
Check out my LOT thread, and also the EBLTeam!

==> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=10509.msg318190#new <==

Tomas Neto

Wow, fantastic update again!!! Awesome work!!!  &apls

art128

Wow, este plaza esta realmente bella, Kelis ! Me gusta mucho el trabajo en el LOT que tu has echo. Great work, your BATs mixed with Debussy's and your talent ar LOT is very a good thing !

Keep it up !

-Arthur.  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

kelis

• Staatsoper Unter den Linden •

The Staatsoper Unter den Linden is the main opera house in Berlin and one of the most
in Germany today. It is located on the boulevard Unter den Linden and hence its
current name, but throughout its history has had others. Commonly known
as "the Berlin State Opera."

Frederick II commissioned the original building on the land it now occupies,
the architect Georg von Knobelsdorff Wenzeslaus and construction began in July
1741, was designed to be the first part of a "Forum Fredericianum."
Although it was not completely finished, the Opera of the Court (Hofoper)
was inaugurated on December 7, 1742 with a performance of the opera Cleopatra
and Cesare by Carl Heinrich Graun. This occasion marked the beginning of a happy and successful
cooperation, more than 250 years between the Staatsoper and the Staatskapelle Berlin, the orchestra
the state, whose origins date back to the sixteenth century.

In 1842, Gottfried Wilhelm Taubert instituted the tradition of regular
symphony concerts. That same year, Giacomo Meyerbeer succeeded Gaspare
Spontini as General Music Director. Felix Mendelssohn also conducted concerts
symphony for one year.

On August 18, 1843, the theater was destroyed by fire. Built a new
opera house according to plans by architect Carl Ferdinand Langhans in a very short time
The following winter was inaugurated with a performance of Meyerbeer's work,
Ein Feldlager in Schlesien.

In the Second World War the building was destroyed during the bombing of Berlin.

The second reconstruction took much longer. Since 1945, the opera company
acted in the Admiralspalast (today Metropoltheater). Since 1949, the company served as
Opera State of the GDR. He returned to his original home in 1955, after a long reconstruction
- Tion in a free interpretation of baroque forms. The reconstructed theater
Opera was opened again, with Wagner's opera Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg.

After the construction of the Berlin Wall in 1961, the theater was somewhat isolated, but
still had an extensive repertoire that included works by classical and romantic periods,
along with ballet and contemporary operas.

After reunification, the Opera returned to the operatic world. Important works
who had already been presented in earlier times were rediscovered and discussed their
new role within the framework of the "Berlin Dramaturgy." Baroque Opera in particular was the
center of attention, with Cleopatra e Cesare, Croesus, L'Opera serious and Griselda. These
works were presented by the Belgian director René Jacobs together with the Akademie für
Alte Musik Berlin and the Freiburger Barockorchester on original instruments. In the
1990, the opera was officially renamed "Staatsoper Unter den Linden" ..

I hope you like
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Gilikov1994

:( and :)

I hope you're going to BAT some nice Dutch things also, like a 2 under 1 roof house :)...

- Giel :thumbsup:

io_bg

I'm sorry to hear that you're ending this fantastic MD ()sad() I wish you luck with your new projects though!
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Sciurus

Woaw, it's really really wonderful!!! &apls &apls

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Connor

Its a shame to see Berlin closed for a while, but that picture of Onder Bolendan looks amazing. Really looking forward to seeing some more...  ;)

Gilikov1994

kelis

Hi to all  :)

1- I modify the first page of this topic with more information and with a new Index of the updates.

2 - I continue with Berlin, coming soon new updates of the city.

3 - Onder Bolendan will not be available, I prefer conserve this MD and teach Onder Bolendan more later.

Sorry for the inconvenience  :)
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Girafe

some good news Kelis   ;)

wait for new updates
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Schulmanator

Very, very nice! And I like your open plazas... how did you make those?
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

Gilikov1994

kelis

Girafe and Gilikov1994 - Thanks friends  :)

Schulmanator - Hello my friend, Lot editor friend, and I create some props for more realistic  ;) Thanks !

Aerial Tour - Berlin / Mitte •

The first thing we find is the "Museumsinsel" with the imposing Berliner Dom

Now you can see one of the first skyscrapers in the city, the Internationales Handelszentrum.

In this shot you can see the tallest structure in the city and one of its most famous symbols,
television tower the majestic "Fernsehturm".

To conclude this short tour by air of the city center I want you to know one of the
most famous landmarks of the city, it is "Alexanderplatz".

I hope you like   :)
.                                                                                                                      

Sciurus

It's just amazing!! &apls :o But just one detail: it's Museuminsel and not Musemensil :thumbsup:

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Gilikov1994

and again it's great :), where is Unter den Linden :(?

djvandrake

&apls  &apls  &apls

Very, very impressive.  Your city looks fantastic.  :thumbsup:

nedalezz

From what Ive seen from pictures, this looks very much like Germany, and that is a good thing, because I happen to think Frankfurt is a gorgeous city :) Great update!