• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

• Recreating Berlin - Germany •

Started by kelis, September 08, 2009, 10:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PLT

I walked around there 2 weeks ago, and it looks nearly identical to the real deal!  ;)
My compliments, I love it!  :thumbsup:

planetechef

Hello, i'm new here, Berlin is a 10/10 city, he seem to follow the same way of Antigone, i like the way you build this city piece by piece with so much precision & details, your shots are eye candy my friend  &apls
& coming soon "Sakura Republic".

Zanza

Gilikov1994

Check out my LOT thread, and also the EBLTeam!

==> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=10509.msg318190#new <==

kelis

• Rotes Rathaus • [ Red city Hall ]

The council is the Rotes Rathaus Berlin Rathausstraße located in the Mitte district.
It is the seat of the mayor and the federal state government of Berlin. The name of this
historic building dates from the facade made of red bricks.

[ In the picture you can see the park "Marx-Engels-Forum" with the background Rotes Rathaus ]

The town hall was built between 1861 and 1869 in the Renaissance style of northern Italy
the architect Hermann Friedrich Waesemann. The architecture of the tower was inspired by the model
the towers of the Cathedral of Laon in France. This building replaced a number of buildings from
of the Middle Ages, which occupies an entire block.

This building was damaged by Allied bombing in World War II. Al located
Berlin in the area occupied by the Soviets, met council functions
East Berlin after its reconstruction during the 1950s according to
original plans, while the Rathaus Schöneberg, served as Senate seat
West Berlin. After German reunification, the Berlin government moved
this building in 1991.

~ I hope you like.
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Zanza

The BAT looks quite good so far. I really like the texture you used for the Windows.
Maybe you should cut the white texture so that it only has the thinner stripes? That would correspond more closely to the real building.

If you look at photos, the ground floor looks a bit different from the upper floors, so you could invest into some detail there. But so far it looks really good.

Gilikov1994

Aaah!!  :o

great BAT! very like it, I hope you'll release it on the stex/lex..
Yes, and also your first MD of 'Brielleterdam' really reminds me on a modern Dutch city like Rotterdam.
B.t.w, talking about your first MD.. How did you made the connection between your own-LOTted road, and the maxis road?
please send me a private mess. back or something

I just can't get enough of your work,
best regards, - Giel

djvandrake

Your BAT is an excellent recreation.  I can't wait to see it in your city.  :thumbsup:

art128

Nice BAT there, Jonathan ! You've done a nice job in modeling it. Can't wait to see it released on the STEX ! ¿Dónde encontrar esta foto? Esta mui bella.

Arthur. :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

calibanX

Great building Jonathan. That's download here for sure.

Geoff
Where City and Country Flow Together

Tomas Neto

Great work, very nice!!! Really awesome BAT!!!  :thumbsup:

djvandrake

&apls  Thanks for the seasonal shots of your wondeful street recreation.  very impressive.  :thumbsup:

nedalezz

All the pictures look great, but my favorite is the winter :) I like the rain effects, I wouldnt mind sitting in a cafe in Berlin watching the rain trickle down!

Engorn

Quote from: Engorn on CSC
You already know what I think about all your stuff. ;)

rooker1

It's always a pleasure to stop by your MD and browse through your wonderful pictures.   
I find what I like the most is your style of city building and you never seem to photoshop your pictures too much.  Although to be honest.....the smoke from the chimney doesn't look very well done, not that I know how to do it any better though. ;)   
All the buildings are so similiar enough that the city looks very believable and realistic and just like Nedal, I think I would love to be sipping on a cappucinno while watching the rain fall from inside one of those street side cafes.

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Gilikov1994

great picture, great! &apls
b.t.w, thanks for the link  ;)

keep up the good work and regards from your amigo:P

- Giel

RickD

Beautiful pictures. I am glad to hear we will be getting some more Berlin buildings.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Sciurus

Just fantastic!!! &apls &apls
Lassen Sie mir bitte was ich auf Deutsch denke: Es ist super!! Nur super! Ich habe nicht das gesehen!! Eine sehr gute Reproduktion!! &apls
Und das OpelTurm ist sehr schön! :thumbsup:
Let me please say what I think in german: it's super! Just super! I never saw it! A beautiful reproduction! And the Opel tower is very nice! :thumbsup:

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Battlecat

Superb update as always!  Love the seasonal look at that area!

kelis

One history pic of Berlin

Thanks to all for the coments !
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||