• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

• Recreating Berlin - Germany •

Started by kelis, September 08, 2009, 10:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

i_love_lamp

Great as always! Though i must ask, where'd you get that amazing thingeymabob attached to the Fernsehturm?

Tomas Neto

Fantastic update my friend!!! Your MD is awesome!!!  &apls

kelis

Hello  :)

Sciurus ~ Thanks friend.

Gilikov1994 ~ More to the right  ;D

djvandrake ~ Thank for your comment.

nedalezz ~ I like so much frankfurt, in the future its a posible recreation, Thanks friend.

i_love_lamp ~ The base of Fernsehturm its a SketchUp model modified by me.

Tomas Neto ~ Thanks Tomas  ;).

~ U P D A T E ~

• Sankt Hedwigs Kathedrale •

is a Roman Catholic cathedral on the Bebelplatz in Berlin, Germany. It is the
seat of the Archbishop of Berlin, Cardinal Georg Sterzinsky.

[ In the picture you can see the cathedral in 1850 ]

It was built in the 18th century as the first Catholic church in Prussia after
the Protestant Reformation by permission of King Frederick II. The intention of
Frederick was to offer the numerous Catholic immigrants that had arrived in Berlin,
especially those from Upper Silesia, a place of worship. The church was therefore
dedicated to the patron of Silesia and Brandenburg, Saint Hedwig of Andechs.
The building was designed by Georg Wenzeslaus von Knobelsdorff modeled after
the Pantheon in Rome and construction started in 1747, interrupted and delayed
several times due to economy measures. It was not until November 1, 1773 when
the king's friend, Ignacy Krasicki, then Bishop of Warmia (later Archbishop of Gniezno),
officiated at the cathedral's opening in 1773.

[ In the picture you can see the cathedral after the Second World War ]

After the Kristallnacht pogroms that took place over the night of 9 November - 10 November
1938, Bernhard Lichtenberg, a canon of the cathedral chapter of St Hedwig since 1931, prayed
publicly for Jews in the evening prayer following. Lichtenberg was later jailed by the Nazis and
died on the way to the concentration camp at Dachau. In 1965 Lichtenberg's remains were
transferred to the crypt at St. Hedwig's.

The cathedral burned out completely in 1943 during air raids on Berlin and was reconstructed
from 1952 up to 1963.

Lu-Vi: 10:00 - 17:00; Sa: 10:00 - 16:30; Do: 13:00 - 17:00

I hope you like  ;)
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Yan077

Fantastic work, as always  &apls

RickD

Quotenedalezz ~ I like so much frankfurt, in the future its a posible recreation, Thanks friend.

Now that would be awesome. I lived in Frankfurt for a while. ;)
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Sciurus

Waow, still amazing! :o

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

kelis

Thanks for the comments Yan077 and Sciurus  :thumbsup:
and RickD Frankfurt is great, but Koln... ;D you imagine a recreation of Koln ?  :)
i'm from Spain and Netherlands but i love Germany and your cities, you are a lucky boy, your countrie is so good  ;)
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

art128

Wow my friend, this plaza is just excellent ! You did a great job with it and all your custom BATs/LOTs. Me gusto mucho este praça, btw is that small sculpture a custom creation also ?  ;D

Take care,
-Arthur. :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Tomas Neto

Great update again, always a nice work!!!   :thumbsup:

Battlecat

Nice update!  The drawings match the game pictures quite nicely. 

ecoba

Wow, simply fantastic work again here, kelis ! All of your custom work for this area certainly paid off, as it is just beautiful !

Ethan :)

tankmank

Utterly amazing, i love the huge attention to detail i love it  &apls

kalvar

Very good work, is that no detail escapes you, everything is very nice.

Me gusta como haces tus ciudades, pero yo siendo sincero, nunca haria una ciudad asi, no tengo mucha pasiencia y esmero en el juego como tu. XD

kelis

Hello my friends !

Time for the replies...

art128 Thanks Art, and yes the sculpture is a custom content for me  ;D

Tomas Neto Thanks !

Battlecat Thanks !

ecoba Thanks my friend  ;)

tankmank Thanks  ;D

kalvar Thanks Kalvar, the patience is neccesary   $%Grinno$%

Well, today isn't update...I work in several bat's for the future updates, in september you can see new updates  ;)
.                                                                                                                      

kelis

This is my work these days: Konzerthaus, coming soon new update for this beautiful building  ;)

I hope you like my friends   :)
.                                                                                                                      

art128

WOAW ! That is really a beautiful piece ! Can't wait to see the area around it !

-Arthur.  :thumbsup:

Props & Texture Catalog

tooheys

On behalf of the staff, congratulations on your inclusion in OSITM for September  &apls Your 2nd appearance  :)

It's great to see the effort you put into your recreations and the use of your own BATs just steps it up a notch. Enjoy the month  :thumbsup:

Goodluck

Dave (tooheys)
Global Moderator

rooker1

You continue to show us fabulous work time and time again and I am sure this is the reason for your second visit to OSITM! &apls
Congrats my friend and it will be a pleasure to follow you and your MD this month.

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

art128

OMG !! Congratulation Amigo !!!  &apls

Props & Texture Catalog

Battlecat

Congratulations on your selection for OSITM!  Your custom work is amazing, the latest bat you've posted is no exception!