• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Empire of Leviathan

Started by Fabian93, August 29, 2009, 12:34:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fabian93

Update #16 - And even more rural areas

200 replies! Thank you so much for following this MD :) - I feel really honored ;).

Thanks a lot for watching ()stsfd(). I'll be posting another Update, soon. By the way: Which picture did you like more (speaking of the colors!!) - That teaser picture of my medieval town, or the pictures in this Update (of that medieval town)? I would be glad to hear something from you,

Fabian

Replies

Battlecat (x2): Thanks a lot! Glad you liked the recent Update ;).
BarbarossaS: Thank you, Stijn :).
djvandrake: Thanks! Glad to see you here so often, too :thumbsup:.
Tomas Neto (x2): Thanks, Tomas :). That's really nice to hear :).
Earth quake: Thanks a lot :) - it's always great to hear such comments ()stsfd().
Sciurus (x2): Vielen Dank :P. I understand what you mean, Guillaume. In most cases this would be more realistic, of course - but we have some industry just within our 25.000 inhabitants city, surrounded by normal houses (even though those firms are not really polluting the environment...). I'll post a region shot, soon. But there won't be much to see nevertheless ;). Glad you liked the recent update in general :).
Bobbi (x2): Thanks a lot, Bobbi :).
Delecto: Thanks, glad you like it ;).
JBSimio: Thanks a lot, JB. I'm glad to see you here :) - it's always great to have new posters in this MD. I've been inspired by my own area a lot, too. I live in a rather big city (compared to those little towns, of course :D) and there are quite a few small towns with 20 - 30 houses around my city ;). Great to hear, that you like it.
Glowbal: Thanks a lot :). You should really try it out - it can be a lot of fun, to create these rural areas... probably even more, than a large Metropolis.
Nardo69: Yes, I did ;D. It's a fantastic tutorial and in most cases I am really happy with the result (though they [the forests] could always be better in my areas, but I'm still learning ;)). Thanks a lot for your comment, Bernhard - glad you like it :).
silentbreaker: Thanks a lot for your comments :) - they're always appreciated. I'm glad you like that area so much :).
art128: Thanks a lot for another huge reply, Arthur &apls. I already thought that someone would suggest using the SAM streets. Well... I've got to admit that I don't really know how to perfectly use that add-on. I tried to replace the streets, today. But then most of my streets in that region turn to that pavement texture, even though I just want that texture, to appear in the center of my medieval town.
hooha47: Thank you! Glad you like it :).

Battlecat

Nice batch of shots in this update!  I really like the style of your forests there.  In your first shot you've got a small building with a dock I don't recognize, where did you pick that one up? 

I'd have to say both picture styles of your medieval town have good qualities, both with and without the color enhancement.  What really blows my mind is how amazing the perspective shifts look.  Someday I'd love to see a tutorial on how you are pulling this off!  Keep up the great work!

Badsim

Truly awesome work , Fabian ... so lush that I'll have to come back to see these pictures more attentively .  ::)

And your photoshoping is just the perfect touch .

&apls &apls &apls

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Bobbi

How a nice town! &apls

Keep doing! &apls

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)

io_bg

Fantastic work, Fabian! The use of trees next to the farm fields is really great. The river also looks superb, the only thing I don't like so much is the slope on the approach to the rail bridge, I think it's too steep.
Keep it up! :thumbsup:
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Tomas Neto

Fabian, my friend, awesome update again!!! Really is a great pleasure to follow each one of your updates!!!  &apls &apls

Sciurus

This time, I'll not critisize your images one after one, because it would be too long, as I answer also in german ;D

So, Fabian, I already said youn that your updates are wonderful, and I find it really good succeded! And, to answer to your question, I like this picture, beacause colours are nice, I find also green shades nice, but a bit sad too. Also, for the general updates, I find the effect you make on your images is nice, and with this, I feel the atmosphere of north, and especially Deutschland. But after, I don't know if it's we must feel. :D

Ach so, Fabian, ich habe schon dir gesagt, dass deine "Updates" super sind, und ich finde es auch sehr gut gelingen! :o Und, um deine Frage zu antworten, mag ich sehr dieses Bild, weil ich die Farben schön finde, finde ich die grünen Farbtonen shön, aber auch ein bisschen zu traurig. Auch, für die generalen "updates", ich finde dass der Eindruck du gibst deiner Bilden schön ist, und mit es, empfinde ich die Nords Stimmung. Aber dann, weiß ich nicht, wenn es das wir emfinden müssen :D

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Earth quake

Another wonderfull update Fabian. :thumbsup:
This rural aera is just fantastic. I really like the bridge and the river in the 1st picture.
The old village is really nice, excellent work.
No long comment today, but I'm a bit tired.

sumwonyuno

The perspective change in the last two pictures of the latest update is wonderfully done.  It's not just a simple vertical resize, but it look like a realistic perspective!   &apls

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

gottago

Beautiful work and so harmonious--the fachwerk town center is wonderfully done and very evocative &apls

It's such a pleasure to see your updates--and I see where you stopped plopping those white rocks on the riverbank!  ;)

Bravo Fabien!

kwakelaar

What a lovely fachwerk town, and a nice twist with the change of viewpoint in those pictures. Both teaser and update have nice colours. I tend to go with the brighter colours, but for the atmosphere the update colours are nicer.

Fabian93

Update #17 - Two Mosaics

Thanks a lot everybody! Today I've got two new mosaics for you. You probably won't notice it, but the last picture is in fact a mosaic, though a rather small one :D.

Thanks a lot for visiting :). I hope you liked it and your comments would be appreciated, too ;D.

Fabian

Replies

Battlecat: Hey Battlecat, glad you visit this MD here so often, recently :). You can find that building here: Click! To your other question: Basically you just need to resize the picture only in vertical size (hope you understand what I wanted to say). I always resize the picture by approximately 65% or so.
Badsim: Thanks a lot Cedric :). I'm glad you like the recent Update so much :thumbsup: and it's great to hear, that you like the photoshopping.
Bobbi: Thank you, Bobbi. It's great to see you posting here so frequently :).
io_bg: Thanks a lot, Ioan :) - I tried to fix that mentioned bridge, but I always ruin the whole scene, so I rather keep it like that ;).
Tomas Neto: Thanks for your nice comment, Tomas :).
Sciurus: Danke schön, Guillaume, glad you like the recent Update so much. If I would be able to, I'd answer your replies in french language ;D, but I decided to pick Latin in the 6th grade, instead of French &mmm.
Earth quake: Thank you :). Glad you liked it and it's great to have you as a quite frequent poster, too.
sumwonyuno: Thanks a lot, I really like the last two pictures, too so I'm glad to hear, that you like them as much as I do.
gottago: Thanks a lot. Glad to hear that you like that little town center ;).
kwakelaar: Thank you :). It's hard to find the perfect colors, I guess. Sometimes brighter colors look better, but they tend to look unrealistically oversaturated, if you make it too colorfull.

io_bg

Wow! Awesome update, especially the second pic! :o It looks like it's taken from a plane. Looking forward to more! (doesn't matter will it be rural or urban areas, you make both look wonderful ;))
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Sciurus

Oh, you should take French instead of Latin, it's better :D
So, as your habit, this is wonderful, I just can say that! Just a thing, on the latest pic, we could believe we're in Alsace ::)

Oh, du hättest französich nehmen gesollt, weil es besser ist :D
So, wie gewöhnlich, es ist wunderschön, ich kann nur das sagen! Nur eine Dinge, auf der letzte(m?) Bild, wir können denken, dass wir im Elsaß sind! ::)

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Bobbi

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)

Nardo69

Nice mosaic (as always ;) ).  &apls You seem to have learned a nice way how to plant trees and forrests ... ;)  :D

I like how you connected the small harbour (?) with the street by the RRP country lane. Also that mirrored semaphore looks a bit strange to me ... ;)

Take care

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

Earth quake

Splendid mosaic. &apls
This village is just beautiful and the river is fantastic.
I really like this small park in middle of the suburbs.
Finaly, the old town center is just nice.

BarbarossaS

Beautiful mosiacs! The first because it's a nice transition between small urban and rural, the second because I simply LOVE the effect in that one  ;D

Job well done!  &apls &apls

-Stijn-

danielcote

You're towns looking fantasticly realistic and I like the amount of custom content!

SimFox

I love how you've used my trees! Superb landscaping &apls!