• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Art128's SC4 Projects

Started by art128, August 12, 2009, 03:46:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

c.p.

Very nice.  The cherry-lined trails to the temples are a nice touch. :satisfied:

art128

Hello !

Thanks for the comments guys, much liked. :)
Dantes, the school is maybe a bit large, that's true. But the real island has a large school too. Though I have to say the scale is a bit bigger IRL.

So, I've received my new hardware the past days, set up everything and it's running nicely.

However SC4 is giving my some glitches in my region:

My current hardware in case it has something to do with it:

And the cute computer:

Anyone has an idea what might cause the problem? I tested on a freshly made region and it doesn't seem to have it. Maybe a setting in Intel graphic display?
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Durfsurn

I would guess its a graphics card problem - got all the drivers for it?
Might be worth some internet research too :)

-Billy

Shark7

Yep, that is most likely a graphics card issue.  As Durfsurn points out, be sure all drivers are up to date.  And wouldn't hurt to check in the graphics control panel and check the settings.

Also, I'm going to ask this:  Is the graphics a 'built into the board' type or an actual PCI express card type?  Reason I ask, is that I have had trouble with built in graphics before so I always buy a 3rd party Graphics Card and add it (ATI Radeon at the moment), over-riding anything built into the main board.

Obviously, try drivers and settings first though, no need to spend money if it isn't necessary.  ;)

compdude787

That Intel integrated graphics chip doesn't seem to do well with SC4 and other old games, at least ever since they updated the drivers to support Windows 8.1. See if you can find a driver version that is from before Windows 8.1 came out. If not, then you'll need to install a dedicated graphics card.
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

Shark7

Haven't heard an update from you, have you been able to resolve your graphics issues?

art128

(Pictures are unavailable because Pomf.se, the site where I have my updates is currently down. The data is still here so It'll be back whenever pomf is online. )

Short answer, yes.  ;D
Long answer, no. :D

I explain: Whenever I try to open any tiles from my old region, the game gives me this graphical glitch [see above pic when back online]... However when creating a new tile, it works perfectly.
I know where it comes from though: I've seen that when I plop/grow a building on a slope (ie the slopes of a 15m high rail road) the glitch appear. It's a bit annoying as I can't use Neko's slope fillers, but otherwise it's very playable.

So yeah, thanks to that glitch I had to start a new region which I've quite developed. No picture as I can't upload it yet, but I'll have an update ready soon. :)

Props & Texture Catalog

Dantes

I did not know that some of Neko has a bug. It is very annoying when it happens an error. In retrospect, I'm glad now but never the fillers of Neko to use on the railway.
I hope you have not much work. Is it perhaps because the are you playing huge maps with lots of props?

Shark7

Sorry to hear the issue isn't completely resolved, but glad to hear you can at least play the game again.

Depending on how you look at it, the glass could be either half full or half empty.  &mmm

art128

Seems like the lot editor is out of the question too on Intel HD4xxx ....  ;D ;D

It flashes, btw.  ::)

Props & Texture Catalog

noahclem

Sorry to hear about all these problems with the new computer. Hope things start working better and I'll be able to give you a little help with LE  ;)

art128

Hello guys. :)

I'm probably going to buy new things for my PC soon:
Case: This one is an oven. 80°c when playing Simcity4, barely 50°c when idle.. I'll go for a mATX mid tower.
PSU: I recently had two case of USB power surge when plugging my mouse to charge it, and it's strange that I often have HDD dying for no reasons. A friend of mine suspects my PSU is finally giving up after two years of heavy usage.
HDD: My internal Seagate 3TB died again. (I already RMA'd it once) so I'm going to buy a 2TB from another brand, to see if it's more reliable.. Luckily, my external 3TB backup is intact and up to date.  I'll also buy a 1TB HDD to store games on it.
GPU: Yeah, Going to get a 750ti I think. It'll solve much if not all glitches I have with SC4/lot editor and intel HD4600. Plus I want to play some games at 720p with a good framerate.

Enough tech speak, more simcity.

Since the graphical glitch I had with my previous region, I went ahead and created a new one from scratch. Originally a 3x3 medium city tiles, I finished it and expanded it to a 5x3 med city tiles. Style stays the same, Japanese. I also upgraded the NAM and to my surprise all of my mods are still working and I now have overhead lines on my railways. :)

Without any more words, here is the first update. It consists of random pictures from the central tile. Click on the pictures for full size. (1280x720)

There are currently 261.600 inhabitants in the region.

I've also created two maps of the region: The Subway map and the general road map
The subway lines and the suburban railway line (in blue on the subway map) are administrated by the Kamiyama Public Transportation Bureau, which administrates the bus lines in the region too.

The central station at night. Beautiful building by gobanboshi (right menu > simcity > all three links under "●追加プラグイン")

The station during the day.

The Shinkansen station. It serves the Hokuriku Shinkansen.

The city hall building. In front of it is the terminus of the suburban railway line. The station is named " Chūō (中央) " and is a railway, subway and bus hub.

This area is located west of the central station. The Kamiyama main line continues straight west while the Fukui line goes north here.

Same thing as the previous picture but east of the station. The Fukui line makes a south turn while the Kamiyama main line continues east.

Some Danchis located south of the downtown.

The indoor sports arena, located just a few meters from the Chūō station.

And that's all for the moment. As you can see I have a lot of places to show on the region, and even more to be completed.. :)

Hope you liked this update. :)

Props & Texture Catalog

vester

Great update.

Nice to see so many different trains in use. :)

Vizoria

What a great oriental MD. I really like those two elevated railway stations!

vortext

Great region! Seems like smaller region size pays off. At least I can't recall seeing a region this well developed in the past!  &apls

The station is quite nice indeed, thanks for the link. Also like the maps a lot, nice work!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Gugu3

carlfatal

Good to hear, that you can play again.  :thumbsup:
The pictures are fantastic, especially I like the area surrounding the train station on the second and third picture.  &apls

benedict

Well done, your MD was number one on BTT for the week ending July 24.

Edit: And you were back at number one for the week ending 7 August - great stuff.
Click on the banner to celebrate!

jacqulina

wonderfull work and detail,very nicely put together.pics are awesome too.

feyss

Beautiful pictures as always. I like the networks.  :thumbsup:

I'm just wondering, how do you mange to have different train skins ?