SC4D Homepage
BSC File Exchange
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RealRailway (RRW) - Development and Support  (Read 231060 times)

Offline matias93

Re: RealRailway (RRW) - Development and Support
« Reply #1440 on: March 03, 2017, 07:20:56 AM »
If I recall correctly, they (the NAM team) said it would be added to the NAM in two versions as the focus of the next one wasn't on the RRW stuff yet.

I'd say I agree with that though. It's best to have a good, thoughtfully tested version of a mod before making it public. I'd personally hate to see this mod rushed so that it meets the next NAM release date. (not that there is one, "It will be released when it is ready" )

The last and only time a NAM was released with a release date (NAM 31.0) it was half baked and put the team under pressure to fix the issues. Much of the team at the moment have heavy RL so it is hard to quantify what will and will not go in the next NAM. The HSRP version I am making is piggybacking on top of the current HSRP at the moment. I will have to discuss further what direction the HSRP will take. At the moment I am just experimenting with ideas for what people would like in a future NAM beyond NAM 33.

Anyways here are some more pictures of the HSRP next to the RRW

Enjoy  ()flower()

-eggman121

Impossible to find this. It is public ?

As it says on the quoted text, it hasn't been released and there is no date for release, as standard NAM policy. In any case, I first this project could be somehow benefited from the latter developments on the RRW. There is no guarantee of it, though, and we should be patient: the NAM team is doing an astounding amount of work, only on their free time!

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character, but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"
— Valentín Letelier, 1895

Sim City 4 Devotion Forums

« Reply #1440 on: March 03, 2017, 07:20:56 AM »

Offline AsimPika3172

• SimPopeye
  • I love Sim City forever!
« Reply #1441 on: March 03, 2017, 06:41:34 PM »
Awesome!!!  :thumbsup:  &apls
Ground rail and elevated rail connected with draggable version! I will waiting for this!  :popcorn:
I loves Sim City forever!

« Reply #1441 on: March 03, 2017, 06:41:34 PM »

Offline anthony16s

« Reply #1442 on: March 05, 2017, 05:33:22 PM »
;Hi :)

But do you have any others textures for GHSR ? i have already the "vershner" one. But nothing like the last picture i post

« Reply #1442 on: March 05, 2017, 05:33:22 PM »

Offline compdude787

« Reply #1443 on: March 05, 2017, 05:50:04 PM »

But do you have any others textures for GHSR ? i have already the "vershner" one. But nothing like the last picture i post

It hasn't been released yet. I know that what you quoted was from two years ago, but it still hasn't been released.
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

« Reply #1443 on: March 05, 2017, 05:50:04 PM »

Offline eggman121

« Reply #1444 on: March 05, 2017, 07:14:57 PM »
Hello everyone

Yes I did do some experimental stuff on the HSR front a while ago but I am using the RRW as a test bed for the functionality for that component. Once I get the RRW into shape I plan to port over some of the principles and code for this mod.

But as the NAM team has such few developers at this stage there is no timeline for the eventuate of the mod. I consider it to be a long term project. It will take a while to make and code but I will still try to tackle it in the future.

With the RRW FARR and the upcoming Elevated RRW or ERRW there is a better chance of it eventuating.

We have a bit to make and will take some time.

The problem is with the for the HSRP is that the textures are not compatible with the new textures. The new HSR will have functionality that rivals the RRW but since the ERRW is in construction and the new HSR has alot of bridges it may take a while to make the set that is specific to the new HSR.

I hope that answers some of the questions.

-eggman121

« Reply #1444 on: March 05, 2017, 07:14:57 PM »

Offline APSMS

• San Diegan
  • "Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina"
« Reply #1445 on: March 05, 2017, 08:27:20 PM »
eggman,

no stress. We all appreciate what you've done so far for SC4 railways. Just keep at it; no need to hurry or worry about future projects. I think we have confidence that it will be ready when it's ready.

I think of it like the Heinz ketchup in a glass bottle; you've got us in anticipation of great things, so we'll be glad to wait. Honestly the last thing we want is for you to feel overwhelmed and get burned out. Hopefully the automation and such that Robin and Ron have worked on texture-wise should take a lot of the stress off you needing to satisfy everyone's texture fiddliness and whims.

-Absalom
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

« Reply #1445 on: March 05, 2017, 08:27:20 PM »

Offline anthony16s

« Reply #1446 on: March 06, 2017, 07:32:27 AM »
Thank you for your answers.

Again, I am really admiring for all the work already done. congratulations

« Reply #1446 on: March 06, 2017, 07:32:27 AM »

Offline Tyberius06

« Reply #1447 on: March 06, 2017, 11:20:03 AM »
I can agree with APSMS. I've been playing with this game for 13 years or so, always in and out (at the moment IN), I'm pretty sure, that if I eventually skip a few years of playing, I will be return some point, so I'm patient I know, you and the other developers make a very nice and good job for us, so I can always get some fun stuff from you guys! :)

Thank you!

- Tyberius

« Reply #1447 on: March 06, 2017, 11:20:03 AM »

Offline kbieniu7

« Reply #1448 on: March 06, 2017, 12:15:53 PM »
That's truly amazing :o I'm scared to see what bill you're going to send to us after releasing it  :D Just wish, it was similiar with tramway network!

« Reply #1448 on: March 06, 2017, 12:15:53 PM »

Offline roadgeek

« Reply #1449 on: March 19, 2017, 08:22:43 PM »
IIRC, there was a discussion about making a MODDING tutorial video. If such a tutorial has been made, can someone post a link?

« Reply #1449 on: March 19, 2017, 08:22:43 PM »

If you experience visual glitches in our site, we strongly suggest you to use Firefox to browse the forums. Also a 1024*768 or higher resolution is highly recommended to view this site

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines
TinyPortal © 2005-2011
SMFAds for Free Forums

Page created in 0.457 seconds with 77 queries.