• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Trying to get rid of grass

Started by sithlrd98, August 01, 2009, 09:54:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sithlrd98

OK , by now you get the idea that I don't like grass edges on roads/aves , and although Swampers Uni-Density Avenues gets rid of most , there are a few pieces that still elude me. I have gone through the Maxis aves and the NAM and still can't find these:

Am I crazy ore are these just not easy to find? I thought that I had identified these as : (with the basic "1,2,3" )0x04007404 , 0x040075004 , 0x04005304 , and 0x04008504 and thought that they may have been missing from the above Mod...but they are included.

Any ideas?

Jayson

M4346

Sorry I can't help with this, but I do have a question related to it :P Is said uni-density mod compatible with the SMP sandstone texture replacement? :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

sithlrd98

Yes,the main thing that it does is override the wealth alphas ,  but I have noticed that the Euro 2x2 oneway and the NAM roundabouts needed to be addressed:

This will allow for any sidewalk mod to be used just making sure that was all that was needed before I release.

Jayson

M4346

New Horizons Productions

sithlrd98

While we are on the subject...does anyone know why , even with Swampers O-WsNoGrass from Uni-DensityStreets1 , the game still displays grass on the one-way Diags?

Jayson

Fabian93

If you are working on some mod, It would be cool if you could remove the grass on avenue intersection (you probably know what I mean - if not tell me and I'll post a screenshot).

Edit: Hm why did i just quote myself? - sorry..  :D

dedgren

I'll help look today, Jayson.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

sithlrd98

Quote from: Fabian93 on August 01, 2009, 10:55:47 AM
If you are working on some mod, It would be cool if you could remove the grass on avenue intersection (you probably know what I mean - if not tell me and I'll post a screenshot).

Edit: Hm why did i just quote myself? - sorry..  :D

You mean this one? NAM

Or this one Euro Textures Mod

Of course , I'm partial to Mas sans

Quote from: dedgren on August 01, 2009, 11:28:16 AM
I'll help look today, Jayson.

David

Thanks David!

Jayson

sithlrd98

Just outta curiosity , does any one know why , even after creating new diag alphas for the Oneway diags , not only are they still showing grass , but still show exactly as they did in both the Maxis dat as well as Swampers?

Jayson

Swamper77

You may want to look in the NAM's files for the ones that still have the grass. Some of them look similar to the Maxis ones, but have new ID's for RUL purposes.

As for the OWR textures, are you using the NAM's OWR Arrow Reduction Mods? If so, they have different ID's than the Maxis OWR textures for RUL purposes to hide the arrows on the straight sections.

-Jan
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

sithlrd98

It did not even occur to me to check that out! I will try that later...Have you any ideas about the Ave pieces?

Edit:

One step closer to getting rid of grass edges!

It was staring at me the whole time...thanks Jan!

Jayson

Swamper77

Regarding the avenue textures that you can't locate:

Quote from: Swamper77 on August 01, 2009, 02:08:35 PM
You may want to look in the NAM's files for the ones that still have the grass. Some of them look similar to the Maxis ones, but have new ID's for RUL purposes.

I know they look similar to the Maxis ones, but they are different. The Ortho-Diagonal Avenue curve with the second Avenue meeting it is a NAM intersection. The game's default RULs don't allow for that intersection. I know a few Maxis textures were copied and given new ID's to accommodate the RULs.

-Jan
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

sithlrd98

Well , I am not having any luck finding the "triangular" ave piece...I have looked through all of the NAM dats and the Maxis pieces (texture viewer). I have been able to find one piece that I was looking for , but noticed 2 more that I also can't locate:

Of course this is an extreme aplication for this intersection

Here is where I stand now:

Jayson

sithlrd98

OK , so I had to go back in time...when the NAM was smaller , easier to search. Of course that doesn't mean it was as cool as it is now...no WRC , etc.

Talk about a blast from the past  ;D

So , here I am with only one new piece that I should be able to find..did not notice it until I started gettin crazy with draggin the aves...

But this one is done

Still a radical intersection...with no grass :D

And here is where I stand

Does anyone but me actually care? ::)

Jayson

M4346

I do! I really don't like the grass!  ;D

:thumbsup:
New Horizons Productions

sithlrd98

I'm gonna put together a beta of all of these overrides.Anyone who is interested , drop me a PM! And let me know if I missed any.

Jayson

KoV Liberty

Is this for regular MAXIS streets too?

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

jmdude1

i care about this too! im glad to see that youre doing this.   &apls

allan_kuan1992

ahh... that is what i'm looking for =P
There is another funky issue however... on some diagonal stretches the grass may actually be desired (e.g. if road is against diagonal retaining wall...) = \

- Allan Kuan

sithlrd98

OK , I am about to send links to all who asked to test these. Basically , I have broken this up into 3 main folders....Euro Textures Overrides....NAM Overrides....and the files that need to be placed in the NAM_ Plugins Folder

The Euro overrides cover , AVE and Road turning lanes as well as the roundabouts and the  NAM. I did not alter the roundabouts like Vershiner did for the US textures, as I am not sure if he plans on doing them or not.

The NAM covers the AVE pieces shown above as well as the AVE roundabouts and turning lanes. There is a plugin for the streets/Diags. as well as Diag One ways for both styles.

I am going to give this a few days before I finalize the set-up and upload to the Stex.

Thanks to all who are testing.

Jayson

The rest of this has been continued in my mod thread...click the pic in my sig!