• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The State of Oak Hill's date of death: 20 Aug - Page 3

Started by Glowbal, July 23, 2009, 07:53:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glowbal

Welcome to The State of Oak Hill.

Let me first introduce myself. I am Thomas.
This is my very first MD.  ;)

And finally, after endless delay, crashing cities, re-installing the game and bats and crashes again, I can proudly present to you all; The state of Oak Hill!

Today, I will show you a few pictures of the main city, The similair to the state named; Oak hill.

First off, the park near the sea.

(Just noticed that there is something missing at the wall.  ;D )

And by Night.

Now, we are heading to the 'Two statues'. These are located in the middle of the old Town.

As you can notice by the buildings on the left, this area aint that old.
All the old buildings got destoryed during the fires in 1982. The Govoment decided not to rebuild these buildings, but instead make this the new business heart of the city.
This is where all the money gets earned.  ;)
We shall have a closer look at this area in a next update.

A newly build park in the middle of town.

I hope you enjoyed watching these pictures. More to come!
See you tomorrow,
Any tips, suggestions, comments, let me know!  :thumbsup:

PS. Sorry for the differend sized pictures. Just couldn't figure out how to resize them. Photobucket didn't work.  :(

bob56

Great Start Thomas!! Welcome to MDing! I really like what you have so far, especially the diagonal tree lines and the canal/lake

One suggestion would be to spruce up the park/plaza area by the seawalls. Maybe some benches, stands, or something.

Can't wait to see more!
You can call me Grif

--Currently out of the office, will resume SC4 7/19

KoV Liberty

Great job!  :thumbsup:  Photobucket wont reize every sized pic though. You must take the pics at the second largest size in-game. This way it will resize the pics down not up. But frankly the game sizes (the one that I said) are small enough to fit on this board. Also to spruce up the park is very easy! Just LOT lots with the same base texture, and use any prop you can find! I use Porkies prop packs on the STEX to give them more life purely because of their high quality, but you can use any you want! Overall a great start! Hope to see more of it soon!

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

Battlecat

Very nice start!  That's a very impressive park area and a very neat looking sports field there.  Looking forward to seeing what's next!

Tomas Neto

Wowww, great start!!! Really fantastic pictures!!!

Glowbal

Replies:

Bob56 - Thank you! I have followed your suggestion, and took out the LE to add in benches etc, as you can see in this update.

Drifmaster07 - Thanks!  ;D Jup, I started making some Lots. Porkies props are great.

Battlecat - Thank you! Here is next  ;) Hope you like it.

Tomas Neto - Thank you. I am glad you liked it.

Changes in the Park
Working in the LE.

Today, I have started to try out the LE. Been trying to figure it all out the whole morning. It aren't master pieces yet.. But lets check it out!

I also tried to make a busstop.

It is transit enabled:

But I got no idea how to make it work as a bus stop. This lot will be edited a bit more, and then used in the business district.

A few lots I made.. Not perfect yet, but hey, first try :P

Now on to the park:

As you can see, I expanded the park with some docks for the toerists.
I also removed all the plain white tiles.
And the result:

The docks:

Trees and benches in the Spring.

And, my home made Bus Stop, in the Int. Business District:

And now, I would like to ask you guys for some help. Take a look at this picture:

It says;
QuoteWarning: The city you're loading 'points to' the plugins that are not present on your computer. You can play the game without these plugins, but it's possible that a part of the grafics and other information are wrongly 'presented'.

(Sorry, English aint my premairy language  :P )

Expension-packet 342978908
It seems it cannot do any harm, but I would like to fix this problem anyway. It seems it's a growable.
So if anyone knows how to solve this, let me know.  ;)

Thank you!
See you next time  ;)

dizflip

:thumbsup: very nice custom landscaping! i really like!!

btw, i've had that problem before. you want to demolish the lot and delete the files associated with it. if you could find the source of course.

Please visit my MD! Also, come over to the League of Nations and be a part of it! We'd love to see you there!

KoV Liberty

Uh oh. Ive had that right before my plugins went haywire. But it said much more. I would say use cleanital to search for missing prop packs. Overall great job!

Adrian, I miss you man.

djvandrake

You're off to an impressive start.  :thumbsup: Your canals are quite extensive and nice, and those parks look good to.  I'm trying to learn the basics of the lot editor too, and I'd say you're doing great.  :thumbsup:

calibanX

Very nice job. You seem to have picked up the lot editor very quickly. Be careful, it's addicting!

Geoff
Where City and Country Flow Together

Glowbal

Replies:

Dizflip - Thank you. Was a lot of work. I will show you how I made it one day. Still got some projects planned where I need it.  :P Not sure if I can find the lot. Although I probally got a rough idea which lot it is. Now I think off it, I am going to test that lot right away! It's plopable anyway  ::)

Driftmaster07 - I did, and got now tons of new prop packs. Didn't solve the problem. Thanks for the suggestion though!

djvandrake - Thank you! Good luck with the LE. It's an easy tool to learn, really. I got the hang of it now. Only those million differend textures and probs are so annoying.  :P

calibanX - Thanks! I tried the LE a few days ago, already. Just messing around. Only yesterday morning that I started to do it a bit more seriouse. Yes, indeed. It is addicting. I already noticed that  ;) Hope to see you again.

A New Station

So I have been working on a new project today. I got bored of working on the park/docks, so I decided it was time to give my centrum a new...

..Train station!  :D

I didn't want to make it look to 'simple'. So I decided to give myself a little challange. I must admit, not that hard, but it took me some time.  :)
And since Oakhill is build on a, you guess it, hill, it gave me a good oppertunity to build a sunken station. I hope you like it.

And I'd like to show how the progess around the busstop I made is going..

Random picture of the day:

Thanks!
See you next time,
take care. :thumbsup:

KoV Liberty

Good job!  :thumbsup: It fits much better as a sunken station. If you have more of the qoute
QuotePlugin Pack
Problems it might be a huge ordeal. But if you keep it on the downlow it will dissappear eventually.

Adrian, I miss you man.

woodb3kmaster

Looking good so far, Glowbal! As for your missing plugin, the number that the game gives you is the decimal equivalent of the missing plugin's hex code (the one that appears in the SC4Model/Desc/Lot file name), which my calculator says is 1471715C. Unfortunately, I don't have any plugins with this code, so I can't help you any more than that. If any of the lots in your city has a brown box on it, you can try to identify the lot's creator and search the exchanges for prop packs by that creator. Good luck!

Zack

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

djvandrake

Your train station looks great!   &apls  How many tracks can it accommodate?

Glowbal

Replies:

Driftmaster07: Yes, that was my opinion too. I had it not sunken first, but that was just ugly.  ::) And somehow, it disappeared. :) I did a new cleanit run, downloaded new plugins, and it disappeared.

Woodb3kmaster: Thanks for the reply! Thanks for trying to help me out.

djvandrake: Thank you! It has 6 tracks.  ;)

Sadly, I wasn't able to do much today. Although I can say that I started working on the coast line a bit more. I also started to develop Oakhill West.
But for now, I have 3 pictures.

Here you can see the tracks for the station. As you can see, I am appearently missing a texture. Weird, because it never showed up this way.

Highway 98. Running from the north, straight into the centrum of Oakhill city. It's almost completly sunken.

I think you will love this picture.  ;)

See you next time,
Take care.

Battlecat

Nice job on the last two updates!   That station looks fantastic, and your sunken highway looks great so far as well.

That missing texture is an odd one for sure, not sure how one would go about correcting it.  Good luck though!  Keep up the great work!

KoV Liberty

Well thats good! You avoided a serious problem. And that missing texture is weird.  ???

Adrian, I miss you man.

Nexis4Jersey

I like that sunken highway & last picture with that hotel and a Pool  :thumbsup:

woodb3kmaster

I like what I see! That missing texture is probably just a normal game bug relating to that lot having a transparent base texture; sometimes such textures cause the ground beneath them to disappear, revealing a bit of the background.

Keep up the good work!

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

Glowbal

Replies:

Battlecat: Thank you. The missing texture is still around, sadly. :(

Driftmaster07: Jup it is indeed wierd. Nothing bad, though. Everything does fine. I even have no crashes anymore! So I am more then happy.  ::)

Nexis4Jersey: I am glad you like it.  Hope to see you again!

Woodb3kmaster: That's good to hear. :) I will look into it, probally giving it a non transparant base texture then.

I am prepairing an update right now. And I will probally post it tomorrow.
I started to develop 1 new city, and a new town. Afterall, oakhill is a country too.  ;)

Cheers! :thumbsup: