• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Osturland

Started by Yoder7652, March 31, 2007, 12:01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thundercrack83

Congratulations on 400 comments, my friend! Here's to 400 more!

Eddie

In all my years reading CJ's, I've never seen an update on an epic scale quite like that. :thumbsup:

The tennis courts are *jaw drops*  $%Grinno$%

What can I say? I'll just be echoing everything else everyone has said before!  ;D Just think of me while you're replying to all the comments--that's what I would've said!  :P

Yoder7652

Update time....

Today was the fourth day of the games and we now have results for the Discus Throw and Volleyball.

First for the Discus Throw...the winner of the Gold was Atlantis, the winner of the Silver was Manchester, and the winner of the Bronze was Sutherway!

Second for Volleyball...the winner of the Gold was Casanares, the winner of the Silver was Trimbelina, and the winner of the Bronze was Toright!

Congratulations to all of today's winners!

Yoder7652

Double Post...I know Bengt, but I have a few spare minutes for replies  :P

@Belfastuniguy - Thanks, I'm glad you like the fountain and park. As I mentioned somewhere else, the globe for the fountain came from Riptide so I can't take any credit for that. I'm glad to see you liked the work I put into the opening ceremony...I'm currently cooking up a little something for the end of the Simlympics so stay tuned.

@Mattb325 - Thanks Matt, I'm glad you liked the ceremony and the unifying texture for the games. I tried alot of different textures, but really liked the curvy look of that one. I got it from a fountain posted at simtropolis, can't remember the creator at the moment....Anywho, thanks for stopping by!

@Shadow Assassin - ahhh you're not looking close enough! Every seat in the place is filled with your standard stadium sim (see pic below  :P ). This was really the only solution since actually putting a modeled person in each seat would have been poly-prohibative. Anyways, I was hoping the fake person would be somewhat of a sell...guess I couldn't get it past you  &mmm :D ;D Anyways thanks for stopping by and commenting.

@Strechnitz - Thanks Strech! I'm glad you liked the opening ceremony...the fireworks were a first for me, but I found several of custom brushes for photoshop that create fireworks effects so I used them and I like the result (they came from deviantart.com). I hope Osturland wins alot of medals too, but it is day 4 and only one silver, so I don't know....I guess there are many events left over the 16 day event so we'll have to wait and see. The little one is doing fine...keeping us up at night mostly  :D I can't wait till that stage passes  :D Thanks for stopping by and commenting my friend.

@NikNik - I'm glad you liked the fountain. As mentioned the texture comes from a batter at Simtropolis, but I'm not sure who at the moment. I liked the effect the texture achieved. Ahh yes, I do not have pictures for all of the facilities for the Simlympics, just most of them. Sadly, this is a venue that I was not able to create something custom for...and there are too few good venues around so I just left it up to the imagination of our viewers. I hope in the future to create something that can be used in future simlympics, but we'll have to wait and see....Replies are not the only things I'm getting farther and farther behind on. Thanks for stopping by and take care!

@Badsim - Thanks for stopping by Cedric. Yes, lotting was definately the thing that I devoted the least amount of time to on this project...but that is the result of being on a tight schedule. I thought about using those props, but I didn't have them installed on my machine at the time (I did the lotting while away on holiday) so I didn't get around to putting them on any of the lots. However, I am currently re-visiting all of the lots and doing some re-lotting for the last day recap (I plan to post pics of all of the venues some of them in action while events are taking place), so you'll have to tell me if you think the new lots are an improvement or not. I am trying to keep them somewhat simple (just to a few prop packs) since I do plan to later release the buildings. Anyways, I looked for your Fox reference, but the picture must have been lost on his posting service as many of his photos are broken links... I actually hadn't realized that Reid's sign was Leo, you were the first to point that out! ;D At any rate, I'm glad that you took the time to stop by and comment...take care my friend.

@Kimcar - Glad you liked the opening ceremony...I'm cooking something up for the last day so stay tuned to further developments. Thanks for stopping by as always.

@Thundercrack83 - Thanks. As I've mentioned other places in the replies...I hope to have another update at the close of the games showcasing what has been going on during the games, so stay tuned for more....Thanks for the notice on the 400th comment, too!

@Sebes - Yes, much has happend recently.....Thanks for your great comments, I'm glad you like all that has been happening with the Simlympics and the pics of my new son. I had alot of fun putting the simlympics stuff together and have one more hurrah to go with the update for the last day. I hope everyone will like what I'm (still) putting together for the close of the games....Thanks for stopping by and commenting as always, my friend.

@Eddie - Thanks...I'm glad you like the tennis center, I was pleased with the way it turned out given the hurry I was in. I still have some more to do to get ready for the final Simlympic update, so stay tuned....thanks for stoppying by and commenting as always, Eddie.

Well All....I will still be updating the daily results of the Simlympics so hopefully we'll have some more winners of MDs that are represented here at SC4D! Till then.....

bat

Congrats on more than 400 replies and Congrats to the winners! ;)

Yoder7652

Update time....

Today was the fifth day of the games and we now have results for the Triple Jump, Golf, and Shooting.

First for the Triple Jump...the winner of the Gold was Royal Cytheria, the winner of the Silver was New Burgundy, and the winner of the Bronze was Khantayka!

Second for Golf...the winner of the Gold was Dunstonville, the winner of the Silver was Arbor Lake, and the winner of the Bronze was Newport!

Third for Shooting...the winner of the Gold was Georgiapolis, the winner of the Silver was Solomon, and the winner of the Bronze was Atlantis!

Emperor Stormont

OMG YAY I got GOLD for the 1st time ever............  &hlp

and a bronze, how simply fabuous.

I can't tell you how pleased I am these games are going so well and without problems, I must congratulate you Ryan, you have done a wonderful job.  &apls

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

bat

Congrats to the new winners and
great work! :thumbsup:

Slacker

Now that I'm back from my weekend away, I can comment in full detail on your amazing update:D

The first thing that strikes me is that the Simlympic park is incredibly realistic, everything is nicely spaced out and it has an ideal amount of stadia as well as having really nice parks. La Roche convention centre looks great too, how did you make the bridge over the avenue? Is it just overhanging from both halves of the centre? The Veledrome is really cool, you have the honour of being the first person ever to BAT a Velodrome :D. The base texture is pretty funky too :).The Simlympic village is, again, the perfect size. Nice to see the athletes have places to eat there too :P.
I love the tennis centre, possibly my favourite venue. Another fine example of Payens' incredible realism. The main courts look very much like "Court Two" at Wimbledon, was that a source of inspiration for the BAT, or is it just coincidence? Swim Centre is awesome, another first BAT I believe. I look forward to using this in my cities, like I do all of your stadium BATs to be honest :P.
You've done a brilliant job finishing off the main stadium, looks fantastic, I really like the seat colours inside. The cauldron is also fantastic, I love the Simlympic logo on the side! Finally, the Unity Through Athleticism monument is really cool, t'is a perfect centrepiece for the park - it looks lovely at night too.

Haha! I love the torch dialogue "I've heard everything from the Pope, to Santa Claus, to Elvis.... " - brilliant! Wow, his royal highness lighting the torch, the ISC is honoured :). The fireworks display was gorgeous, a fitting way to end such an incredible beginning!

A truly breath-taking opening ceremony Ryan, easily the best ever and I'd even go so far as to say the best update I've ever seen. A wonderful job. On behalf of the ISC, I'd like to thank you for putting on such a brilliant show and I look forward to the rest of what I'm sure will be a fantastic Simlympics!

&apls &apls &apls

ejc

It's unbelievable to see how you make custom content blend in SC4!!

Great use of BATing and LE, this is one of the "Special" MD &apls

nice nice NICE

E

Strechnitz

I say, the games seem a successstory my friend.
They do keep you busy as well :)
I hope Osturland wins a couple of more medals.
preferably gold of course. ;)

Good work my friend.

Strechnitz.
Your favorite "deliciously deviant" Empire is Back after a 2 month pause

Click on the picture above to visit Stropon.

Yoder7652

Update time....

Ok so I'm running a little behind....YESTERDAY was the sixth day of the games (I'll post today's results later today) and we now have results for the High Jump, Handball, and Weightlifting.

First for the High Jump...the winner of the Gold was Coral Bay, the winner of the Silver was Hong Tain, and the winner of the Bronze was Aosta!

Second for Handball...the winner of the Gold was Dunstonville, the winner of the Silver was Lloyd, and the winner of the Bronze was Chesterfield!

Third for Weightlifting...the winner of the Gold was West Pasco, the winner of the Silver was Lloyd, and the winner of the Bronze was Lower Columbia!

Yoder7652

Update time....

Today was the seventh day of the games and we now have results for the Hammer Throw, Kickboxing, and Syncronised Swimming.

First for the Hammer Throw...the winner of the Gold was Osturland, the winner of the Silver was Manchester, and the winner of the Bronze was Greater Finchaven!

Second for Kickboxing...the winner of the Gold was Chesterfield, the winner of the Silver was DeKalb, and the winner of the Bronze was Domeston!

Third for Syncronised Swimming...the winner of the Gold was Arbor Lake, the winner of the Silver was Avery, and the winner of the Bronze was Atlantis!

bat

Again a "Congrats" to all new winners! ;)

Madeira aka Constantina

wow plenty of developments in your competitions.

Fledder200

OMG...i was away for 3 weeks and i missed the opening ceremony!!!
well as every Good Liaaner does, we come in late and last! LOL
i didn't know where to sign up Liaane for the simlympics ( oke oke i did know where to sign up....but i saw a Chanel store on your main street and it was so tempting!!)

BUT.....are we on time to see the closing ceremony??
or maybe Liaane can win gold for cleaning the stadiums?
;)

ps:
ahhh yes...the sound of a screaming kid at 3:00......sound....lovely :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Life is too short to wear bad clothes...and ugly shoes!

Yoder7652

OK...so I'm getting behind on the updates as I've been preparing for the last Simlympic update...at any rate I have several days worth of results to present, so hang on!

For the eighth day of the games we had Cricket, Karate, Gymnastics, and Badminton

First for Cricket...the winner of the Gold was United Nations of Movia, the winner of the Silver was Avery, and the winner of the Bronze was Chesterfield!

Second for Karate...the winner of the Gold was Rorysville, the winner of the Silver was Lower Columbia, and the winner of the Bronze was Linden!

Third for Gymnastics...the winner of the Gold was Avery, the winner of the Silver was Heil, and the winner of the Bronze was Osturland!

Fourth for Badminton...the winner of the Gold was West Pasco, the winner of the Silver was Hiraka, and the winner of the Bronze was Casanares!

Yoder7652

For the nineth day of the games we had the Marathon, Rugby, the Modern Pentathlon, and Wrestling

First for the Marathon...the winner of the Gold was San Marino, the winner of the Silver was Angiers, and the winner of the Bronze was Lloyd!

Second for Rugby...the winner of the Gold was Aosta, the winner of the Silver was Heil, and the winner of the Bronze was Linden!

Third for the Modern Pentathlon...the winner of the Gold was Aosta, the winner of the Silver was New London, and the winner of the Bronze was Vista County!

Fourth for Wrestling...the winner of the Gold was Newport, the winner of the Silver was New Haven, and the winner of the Bronze was Olympus City!

Yoder7652

For the tenth day of the games we had the Javelin, Hockey, Mountain Biking, and Sailing.

First for the Javelin...the winner of the Gold was Domeston, the winner of the Silver was Eureka, and the winner of the Bronze was Arbor Lake!

Second for Hockey...the winner of the Gold was Angiers, the winner of the Silver was United Nations of Movia, and the winner of the Bronze was Republic of Nivramel!

Third for Mountain Biking...the winner of the Gold was New London, the winner of the Silver was Barbary Coast, and the winner of the Bronze was Tient!

Barbary Coast

Fourth for Sailing...the winner of the Gold was Atlantis, the winner of the Silver was San Marino, and the winner of the Bronze was Dunstonville!

Yoder7652

For the eleventh day of the games we had the Long Distance, Table Tennis, Diving, Lacrosse, and Archery.

First for the Long Distance...the winner of the Gold was the Republic of Nivramel, the winner of the Silver was Sutherway, and the winner of the Bronze was Tenshi!

Second for Table Tennis...the winner of the Gold was Lower Columbia, the winner of the Silver was Newport, and the winner of the Bronze was Republic of Nivramel!

Third for Diving...the winner of the Gold was Telscoenke, the winner of the Silver was Toright, and the winner of the Bronze was Silesia!

Fourth for Lacrosse...the winner of the Gold was the United Nations of Movia, the winner of the Silver was Aosta, and the winner of the Bronze was Barbary Coast!

Barbary Coast

Fifth for Archery...the winner of the Gold was the Casanares, the winner of the Silver was Rorysville, and the winner of the Bronze was Trimbelina!