• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NHP FLOG - Modular Golf Pack

Started by jplumbley, March 27, 2007, 02:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jplumbley

I am pleased to announce....

NHP has moved past the realm of mapping and is aspiring to reach New Horizons.  We started a project about 5 weeks ago, nicknamed Freakish Links Of Gophers (after the movie Caddy Shack).  We set out to test ourselves in the realm of modding and lotting.  With some help along the way from Barbyw(modding expertise) and Jeronij(lamppost prop).

The project has turned out to be one of the greatest combined efforts I have ever been a part of and has brought us closer together as a group!  And now our project is in the testing phase of its development.  This thread is for now the testing grounds for the next week or two for pictures and comments.  I hope you all enjoy what this project has become.

Release Date is set for about 2 weeks from now.  (just a few loose ends to clean up before final release)

Included in the project:(specs will come later)
     NHP FLOG Holes Vol1
          A set of 9 modular hole lots ranging from 2x5 in size to 4x9 in size.

NHP FLOG Fillers Vol1
          A set of 8 filler lots (5)1x1s and (3)2x2s.

NHP FLOG Paths Vol1
          A set of 4 path lots that connect with each hole.

NHP FLOG Clubhouse
          One lot that will be a reward lot (a future pack may be released with more clubhouses)

List of Dependancies expected for the entire project:
     CSX Mega Props - Vol1 to 5
     CSX BAT Props - 2006a
     CSX BAT Props - 2006b
     BSC MEGA Props - Gascooker Vol01
     BSC Mega Props - SG Vol 01
     BSC Textures Vol1 (the one downloaded from SC4DLEX)
     NHP UI Essentials
     NHP Prop Pack Vol 1 (to be made soon)
     Cycledoggs Trees (I forget the actual file names) No7, No8, No9

Some teaser pics:

I hope you have enjoyed my preview!  Now NHP testers.... its your turn!
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

wouanagaine

A very nice set  :thumbsup:
I hope to post some pics later

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

BarbyW

Excellent, jplumbley. Just a note that CSX BAT Props 2006a and 2006b are now part of CSX MEGA Props - Vol06.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

wouanagaine

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

jplumbley

Awesome wou!  Its blending very well!  Hows the budget stuff look?  Did the Menu Icons come in Numerical order?  And is the query working?

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

HabLeUrG

I tested it, and i think everything is perfect  :thumbsup:

just a question: can I use this at my CJ Our Mini Earth for my next update?  ;D

jplumbley

Not a problem Hable!  Nice picture!  I see the query is working.  What do you think about the Budget stuff is it a good cost, or too expensive or not expensive enough?

Street Addon Mod - SAM

Rayden

Nice project, I'll be able to try to copy the golf courses settings of the many ones I have near by where I live. I have at least 10 golf courses in a radius of 20 kms, and usually when I go for my ride bikes I pass just by them. If you guys need photos, I can take some this next weekend (Sunday).

dmscopio

JP, I just done something very simple last night. It is a proposal for the clubhouse. it's a fairly mordern look, and the shape resembel some golf element. of curse it is just a proposal, lots of thing can be changed. I am not sure if everyone prefer a more traditional looks like the ingame clubhouse. just let me know.

for more BAT downloads: www.davidluart.com

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ Vandy
wouanagaine

jplumbley

Dms That is simply awesome!  I totally love it!  Go for it, this can be part of the future Clubhouse pack.  What will the size of hte footprint be on that?  Can you get it to 3x3 or 4x4 maximum? 3x5 wouldnt be too bad either.  That way I can fit it on a lot with parking, pick-up and drop-off area, etc in a lot under 10x10.

Street Addon Mod - SAM

HabLeUrG

dmscopio: thats pretty nice  :thumbsup: &apls

I have started mine yesterday, so I will make only 1 contry club, sorry... wil be basing my desing
from this drag..

(srry for this embarrassing picture, i know dms pic is much beter, but...)
Also will make some gulf cars garage and a small restaurant, anything else? like a parking lot etc?
tonight will make more important advance

jplumbley

Hable... dont put yourself down man!  That is an awesome choice... I really like it and it will be an awesome building for a clubhouse.  Keep it up your starting layout looks great.  And do as many as you want I am just greatful for one :P

Street Addon Mod - SAM

HabLeUrG

okey thanks  ;D :D

added a second floor and roof

edit: now im working on the pool area, then to the windows and textures, so will show here my building and you tell me if I could make better the textures because im not good at it

blade2k5

I like both Habs and dms club house designs.  As for which one, how about making them both club houses and giving the downloader the choice of which one they'd like to use?  Just a thought for you to ponder on.  Other than that, this golf course project is shaping up really nice.  Excellent work guys.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

HabLeUrG

here is my progres, please tell me if the texture are correct... there still alot to do

for now need to add the windows, and some more details to all the building, and many more small things like chairs, tables, etc

tell me what you think?  ;D
____________________________________________________________________________________
Edit: (for avoid double post)
____________________________________________________________________________________
Now added the windows and some more minor details...

now will add some more small details and nighlights for it to be done
Edit 2: (for avoid triple post)
Added some flora, thinking in adding some air condition sistem to all the windows

its almost done, please tell me what you think, if I need to change something or add something, thanks
will be working on the lights, until at least 2 post helping at this will export this.
Edit 3: (for avoid cuatriple post)
here is the night preview, hope you like it...

only export left, but will do it for tomorrow

beskhu3epnm

heh heh heh,

Hableurg goes from putting down his work, to creating a marvelous building in like an hour.

Ya really turned on the jets for that one!! Maybe both lots (dms and Hab) could be combined into a compound clubhouse with a driving range and parking lot included on them. What do you think?

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?board=79.0
New Horizons Productions Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio dedgren ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

jeronij

Quote from: dmscopio on March 28, 2007, 03:24:43 PM
JP, I just done something very simple last night. It is a proposal for the clubhouse. it's a fairly mordern look, and the shape resembel some golf element. of curse it is just a proposal, lots of thing can be changed. I am not sure if everyone prefer a more traditional looks like the ingame clubhouse. just let me know.

I think you should work some more on this one....is a really spectacular model  :thumbsup:

Hableurg, your model is also looking really nice. Another style, but really nice. May I make a few suggestions before you make the final render?
The tile in the pool floor do not look very eye-candy... not sure what is the problem with them,but maybe it is only my eyes  ::)
The water texture looks too repetitive. You could try with a bigger texture, or play with the actual and try to make it more seamless.
The tenis courts scale....If my building's scale perception is correct, only one tenis court could be placed in that small space...

The model itself is really really nice, and the more I look to it, the more I like it  ;)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

jplumbley

Holy crap... I go away for the night an look at what Hable does.

Awesome work.  On the second floor in the SE wing of the building can you make it a balcony type area with railings instead of windows... You havent put windows in yet so that is probably what you were going to do anyways.  I agree with Jeronij on the water texture, try what he said :P

To clear things up a bit.  Blade2k5... That is an awesome idea and has been my plan from the begining.  I have a clubhouse lot made from existing Gascooker models, but these two buildings will be better than what I came up with.  Nevertheless, all three lots will be released as separate uploads so users can choose which one they like best.  Also, each of these 3 lots will be a reward lot with the same stats as the in-game Country Club stats.  So, if you were to download all 3 of them you would be able to have 3 clubhouses for 3 different golfcourses in 3 different areas of the city.  But, like the in-game Country Club each Clubhouse will only be allowed to be plopped once, this is to make a limitation on the amount of demand relief you will recieve and promote variety.  I am pleased to say we now have a post-modern model coming along from Dmscopio and a classic mediterrainian/mexican style model from Hable.  And my english style lot with models from Gascooker.

Street Addon Mod - SAM

HabLeUrG

okey a couple things to do...

-Need to fix the tennis court, so by making only one? or just more in other side of the building? dunno just helpi me at this? or should I remove it...

-Need to fix the pool water and walls, the wall texture I got from this one... ( I made it by fireworks)

and the water texture:

That part without windows its a balcony, so will be as you see it, do you want me in adding anything else in there?

Thanks for the help  ()stsfd()