• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Atrubia - Update 71: A Few Progress Pics

Started by KoV Liberty, June 14, 2009, 08:10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danielcote

djvandrake

Dan7

My name has probably been wiped from your memory, but ah well. I should be glad I can resume activity after finding my (miraculously!) still working SC4 disc.

Atrubia is coming great, by far the greatest Sim City I've ever seen. Every aspect of it is pretty awesome, but for me, nothing beats all the Airports, Seaports, and Rail networks!  :thumbsup:
I think some Dubai fans may find the resort somewhat familiar... ;)
Also, I have a suggestion. Every great world city has that one, huge, distincitiv tower that dominates the skyline. And is it just me, or does the name "Burj Atrubia" radiate win?
You can call me Daniel. Or you can just call Dan. Danny if you really must. Or if you just want to stick to Dan7, that's fine. Whatever floats your boat. Or sinks it, Although that's probably not the smartest idea.

Evillions8

The water formations rather looks simple.  However, that doesn't stop you in creating a great region, doesn't it? ;)

Connor

Don't worry if you can't update for a while, RL is more important.

Three very nice pictures, i'm very much looking forward to the next update.

bat

These three pictures are really nice!
And looking forward to the next update on the end of this month... ;)

woodb3kmaster

Good luck with your exams! Those teaser shots are very nice; the second shows a very elegant way to get around the lack of a direct RHW-4-to-6C transition.

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

oktoberfest

nice! i like it already! and good luck wif finals
I couldnt think of anything to put here, so i put this :D

KoV Liberty

Update 58: Meriah City Showcase and Atrubia Gets Thunderstorms

TmiguelT: Thankyou very much! I told you in a PM about the mall n a PM.

citycapitalizer: Thanks! I got the main hotel off of an internet website but I had to convert it through, like, three different methods. And then render the model.

emgmod: Thanks! Fly Illula got on time eh? Lol. One can only hope those will be rendered with Joel leaving.

Cyclone1001: Thankyou! That stinks. I'd go crazy there!

Yan007: Thanks! That means A LOT coming from a great builder like yourself.

976: Thanks, Happy New Year to you as well!

bat: Thankyou! Have a great new year!

Dave (Tooheys): Thankyou! I did as you requested, there is now a place for everyone on SC4Devotion to chill out, in the sun (if that makes sense! Lol).

kwakelaar: Thanks! The Oasis is huge. Too bad I couldn't tour it as a guest. Oh well! Lol.

Ricky (Ricky112233): Thanks! And boy, what a way to start off the new year! In economy. Lol. Hope to see you back soon!

bat: Thanks!

Cyclone1001: Can there be farms in the desert?

citycapitalizer: Thanks! Is there any archeological things availiable?

clearlypowa: Thanks!

Geoff (calibanX): Thankyou!

danielcote: That sounds like a plan! ;)

djvandrake: It hasn't been wiped from my memory. ;) I sent the answer to you in a PM.

Evillions8: They are simple, but nontheless, okay. And thanks!

Connor: Thanks! And yes, RL is very important.

bat: Thankyou! The update is here!

Zack (woodb3kmaster): Thankyou! And I did do well, and that was the best way I could find for the transition.

oktoberfest: Thanks!

First of all, so to not lose the posts above, I will be transporting them here.

Here are three pics to give you a taste of what I'm working on.

Like 'em? Anyways, this post will be deleted when the next update is posted.

A freak powerstorm knocked out power in Atrubia.

Okay, now that those are saved for future people. ;)

One of the new embassies in Atrubia also doubles as...

A driving range.

Meriah city is based loosely on New York City. This is Atrubia's rendition of Time's Square. Although less nightlighted.

A new pic of the highway that I showed you a bit back. Since this runs through shipping lanes, instead of bridges, there are tunnels.

The highway connects to this which used to be a sharp 90 degree turn.

Remember the Heliport I showed you? This is the main building. Kinda based off of the heliport in NYC. It bears some resemblence from the helitours in GTA IV.

Now to show you a custom golf course.

The club house.

Day.

Night

And some golf holes.

All this is actually on an island. This is the bridge to the mainland.

Now we go to more of a sububs of Meriah City.

This shopping area is based loosely off of 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica.

The Cruise ship port is finshed everyone! Here is a pic of one of the ship terminals.

In a later update, we will take a closer look at this.

And yes, there was a bad thunderstorm in Atrubia over the weekend. It knocked out power in Meriah City suburbs and part of the city for two hours.

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

sumwonyuno

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

bat

Fantastic images there foy oru city! Meriah City is a really beautiful city!
And the thunderstorm-picture looks really great!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Battlecat

Excellent return update!  Nice job on those thunderstorms and on many of the other shots in this update!  Looking forward to seeing more!

Tomas Neto

Wow!!! Fantastic representation of storm!!! The effect is highly realistic!!!  &apls &apls
Awesome mall and golf areas too!!! Great work again!!!  :thumbsup:

Cyclone1001

KoV Liberty

Hey Everyone. I have decided to end Atrubia's days at the current map. I feel it is just too repetative in the way it looks. Always a straight coastline, etc. So, I have decided to DL a new map to work with. Atrubia will still be in this thread etc. Just new. Oh, and a poll has been added. The poll will end on Friday.

Alex

Adrian, I miss you man.

Tomas Neto

In my opinion it would be fantastic if Atrubia continue on a map of desert, so I voted yes!  :thumbsup:

woodb3kmaster

I'm glad you've decided to try out a more realistic shoreline, Alex. I think that will make Atrubia even better than it is now. I look forward to seeing the new map!

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

emgmod

Seeing as it's in the Classics already, it's a bit late to change the theme, unless your hard drive blows up or something. You asked me about the map in MSN, and I say that map will work really well.

tooheys

Hi Alex, you did a wonderful job with your first map and I'm sure Part 2 will be just as good.  :thumbsup:

I haven't voted in your poll. It's your MD, you take us wherever you want. I'm sure you will have a great following no matter which direction you choose. There are plenty of succesful MD's that have changed direction midstream and others that changed every other update.

In my opinion, do what you want to do  ;)

Goodluck

Dave

KoV Liberty

Update 59/1: Atrubia V2

History                                                                    

As for its history, Atrubia was originally a primitive country up until its discovery of gold in the late 1500s via conquering European countries n Latin America, the population was decimated, and the country's people in complete and utter ruin. The Spanish gained control and built many euro buildings after killing the native peoples. Not much were left, in the mid 1800s the Americans won the Peninsula of Florida which included Atrubia, Atrubia, Officially the Royal Atrubian Empire, gained its independence from America on the 4th of March 1863, during the midst of the American Civil War. Most buildings in the capitol were destroyed by the Americans, but because the Atrubians were so different from the Americans, they remained independent. The Americans prepared it for self-independence and self-government.

At first, the country did well for itself, but fell to ruin in 1868. President Frentia Aldorshia, the second president left the country in economic and physical ruin. Not to mention he started a small war. The country was once again decimated. The country thrived itself solely on the river that became a symbol of life. Life circulated around it and the capitol was formed again. The oldest buildings in the country are here. The town was soon growing. By 1922, the city was becoming large with a population of approximately 85,000. The country had a population had a population of around 100,000.

In the sixties Atrubia came into gold found by the country's miners. The president decided to diversify the economy for tourism and anything they could produce. Atrubia City is the center for economic trade and prosperity it was meant to be, it may have taken near 500 years, but it is well worth it.

Information:

Capitol: Atrubia City
Official language(s):
- English
- Spanish
Government:
- Democratic Republic
- President: Aejex Saminar
Independent:
- Founding of Atrubian Empire: No written est. date.
- Declaration of Independence: March 4, 1863
Population:
- 2010 estimate: 21.67 Million
- 2010 census: 21.98 Million
GDP 2010 Estimate:
- Total: 400.75 Billion
- Per Capita: $39,845
HDI:
- .915 - High
Currency:
- Atrub (ATR)
Simlympic Code:
- ATR
Motto:
- Live Strong, Fight Hard
Anthem
- From the Winds, to the Sea

Flag:

Map:

sumwonyuno: Thanks very much, I cannot wait to see you guy's reactions to Atrubia V2! Cheers! Alex

bat: Thanks man! It means something coming from an MD as great as yours. Alex

Battlecat: Unfortuately, no more will be seen of the old Meriah Caity, but there is a brigter side... This update! Look foreward to seeing ypu back here! Alex

Tomas Neto: Would you believe that that lot was over 1 1/2 months old when I first showed it. Lol. Meriah had been in construction a long time. Thanks for your comment my friend and enjoy V2! Alex

Cyclone1001: Thanks! I added the thunderstorm using the GIMP. ;) Alex

Tomas Neto: You ask and you shall recieve... I stayed on a desert map! Alex

Zack (wood): Well, I felt that it was time for a change, although a very tough one! Thanks! Alex

emgmod: Well, many MDs have gone through changes each time and I felt that it was too big of a change. So, I stayed at the desert theme. Thanks for you opinion on the map! Alex

Dave (tooheys): I hope you enjoy this new MD that has been through many things in the past month-or-so, take a look at this new update and enjoy! Alex

Well, we shall start off the update with a little surprise for some. Remeber these types of neighborhoods?

Well, since almost everyone (now including me) think they are too american, check out these!

Although a mixture of both, it is more of a mid-east style. I like it but what do you guys think?

Some more pics of the neighborhoods.

Some pics of the city!

More city pics and stuff will be availiable in the next update.

Here is a sneak preview of what else will happen in the next update.

Thanks for stopping by!

~ Alex

Adrian, I miss you man.