• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Atrubia - Update 71: A Few Progress Pics

Started by KoV Liberty, June 14, 2009, 08:10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joelyboy911

It looks to me like the St. Anne must be a permanent fixture at that cruise port, otherwise Atrubia must have some excellently skilled ship navigators. On the whole, a nice update
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

peter007

Great work  &apls
Nice camelot and also a very nice cruise-ship
Hope I can on Holiday with that. :D

KoV Liberty

Update 15: Abid Jakartin Marina. But first...

bluesinjid:
Thanks! Most of the buildings are plopables but they are all growable Landmarks.

joelyboy911:
Atrubia has some of the greatest ship pilots in the world. But the St. Anne takes up to 24 hours to move out of the port. So Atrubia engineers re-made the port, which will be shown in this update, to save much time and money...

peter007:
Yes you can go on holiday! You will see a bit more of the St. Anne in this update as well!

EDIT: Locked voting... And the winner is... Natural islands! Natural is. will be made to the left of Ahvegas.. Thanks to all who voted.

Now... Onto the 15th update! But before we continue I have noticed that this MD has almost gotten to 100 replies and has passed 2400 veiws! To commemorate over 2400 is a new Island!

But before we go on... On the topic of the port... It has been redesigned. Here is a pic.

The St. Anne now takes a less treacherous route and now only one pier has COM.

This is the only pier with COM.

Now back to the Marina. A tunnel connects the island with the mainland, so not to disrupt Cruise ships. Here are some pics.

Neat, huh? This here is the Hitachi Bldg.

It is one of the first buildings people notice as the drive outta the airport here and into the downtown center.

Lastly I leave you with a pic of a trawler unloading at a boat ramp after a hard day of fishing. EDIT: Pic being fixed. Pic is fixed and how do you like my first photoshop using photobucket? Sounds weird don't it? I have been fiddling around with it for a few hours.

Please post comments, hints, etc...

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

KoV Liberty

To Everyone: Due to RL update 15 will be posted VERY late Wednesday or sometime Thursday. Thankyou for your patience.

Alex

Adrian, I miss you man.

Vegantor

very nice is that somy ship on the right?  &apls &apls

peter007

Great stuff  &apls
Do you have something like a highway or Evelated rail?

antimonycat

Your MD is a pleasure to look at and read - everything seems to have a warm atmosphere and refreshing feel. Also, great use of beach foliage and the images of the docks and piers are nice too.

KoV Liberty

Quote from: Driftmaster07 on July 13, 2009, 08:34:55 PM
To Everyone: Due to RL update 15 will be posted VERY late Wednesday or sometime Thursday. Thankyou for your patience.

Alex

To everyone: RL has let me had a breakthrough! Due to my ever changing schedule update 16 will be posted tomorrow. It will be a small update as I must fix things in my region. Such as finishing small projects, editing previous updates, etc.

Until then!

Alex

Also... I realize that I have neglected to respond completely to this reply. Quote cut btw.

Quote from: carkid1998 on July 05, 2009, 12:28:46 AM
Lovely updates! what do you use for modding the pics?

Ryan

Actually my pics are not modded in any way unless I I say they are. Only the borders are edited (sometimes).

Adrian, I miss you man.

Battlecat

Nice batch of updates.  The cruise ship captains and navigators must have nerves of steel to navigate that area though!  Certainly a very challenging port area.  Everything continues to look fantastic, keep up the great work!

KoV Liberty

Update 16: A few little projects finished after them being put on a long hiatus. But first...

Vegantor:
Yes it is the Floating hotel by Somy. Which can be found on his site pg 7.

peter007:
Yes I have a highway but only in part of the region. A new highway will be added eventually. As for elevated rail... No. I do have a bus/subway/HSR though.

antimonycat:
Why thank you! Your MD is a pleasure to look at as well! It is so cool!

Battlecat:
Yes the port is challenging. All ships wait till high tide for the best possible way to move out of port but they aren't required to.

Now... Onto the update!

As I said that I would finish many unfinished projects in my region so I give to you the temporary Capital building. If anyone knows of a good Non-Maxis Capital building it would be great!

And at night...

Another project was expanding Abid Jakartin NAtl. Airport to Intl. status by the tourist season beginnings. Here are two pics of machines that will help speed up the project.

Also to help increase morale in the citizens The New Gaumont Cinemas has been modded by me in the LE to suit my needs. Here is a pic.

Now we go to Atrubia city where the mainland suburb has been expanded inside itself. Here are a few pics.

Neat huh? Also work got done providing beachfront property to homes on the first mainmade island in Atrubia and the Moon Is. Here are a couple pics of the outcome.

Also the "Going Green Project" was recently finished. Here is a pic of the wind generators.

That concludes Update 16! I hope you enjoyed it!

Please post comments, hints, etc.

-Alex

Adrian, I miss you man.

just_a_guy

Your suburbs sure look nice :thumbsup: I can imagine going to the food store on my own boat parked in the backyard!

As for the windmills, maybe you can edit the lot to make the base textures sandy so they can fit better in the desert scenery.
Come and check out my BATting works at:

Just_a_Guy's attempts at BATing

KoV Liberty

To everyone: I am having problems with the LE (again) so there will possibly be NO modified content in the next update.

EDIT: Atrubia has had the prestigous honor of joining the League of Nations. More will come soon on that....

Adrian, I miss you man.

woodb3kmaster

I'm certainly impressed. Judging from the quality of your updates, I can say with confidence that you're a great addition to the League. Welcome!

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

joelyboy911

What problems with LE? Perhaps someone can help... If you say what the trouble is.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

peter007

Very nice Cinema &apls
I also like that you have some windmills but it is more realistic if you put them on the beachfront or on the top of a hill.  ;D

KoV Liberty

Update 17 will come tomorrow. But if you want to join The League of Nations (YOU MUST HAVE A MD first) here is the policy.

-Alex

EDIT: Atrubia also has a new flag. Its very simple but I like it. How about you?

I made it on photoshop. $%Grinno$% Is there anything more I can do? I can't find anything like anything I've seen in sample photos in other MDs. I would really like to do more with the flag. If anyone knows of a tutorial for photoshop, please shoot me a PM. Thanks!

Adrian, I miss you man.

KoV Liberty

Update 17: A new city. Abid Jakartin Natl. expansions continue.

just_a_guy:
I think I might edit them too as soon as I find them in the LE.

woodb3kmaster :
Thankyou! It is fun being in a league as prestigue as this! Hope you come back for more!

joelyboy911:
I got it fixed. It was that I couldn't create a new lot or overwrite an existing one. But don't worry I got it fixed.

peter007:
Thanks! And actually most of Atrubia's winds are desert winds so we might not want them being an eyesore on beachfront property.

Now... Onto the update! A double city update.

Abid Jakartin:

BWEs (Bucket Wheel Excavators) are steaily moving along for the leveling of ground for the terminals and taxiways. A process that would normally take months has only taken a week.

Also while all this is going on a MAJOR collapse of a cruise ship terminal (under its own weight) lead to five deaths in Abid Jakartin. A replacement terminal was built soon after all bodies were recovered. Also engineers are looking at the other two terminals in case of collapses. If problems are found they will be immediately repaced.

Also the marina was expanded. Here are two pics.

Also new Port Authority has been added.

Abid Alhajad:

A inter-city El Ave runs from the high bridge.

The HMS Art Vandely is the oldest ship in Atrubia.

This is one of the few neighborhoods in the city.

To conclude the update... What should go here? Any BATs that would fit are welcome. I can also do some custom modding to fit the building in the space. it is 6 tiles in heght and 8/9 tiles in length.

Please post comments, hints, etc.

Adrian, I miss you man.

bluesinjid

Wow now these are spledid updates. I really love the cranes you used ( great LE  &apls ) and I really love your use of the PEG docks to build your cruise ship port. As with the empty lot, I would go with any building Bixel, or any other of th HKBAT team has :)

physicsguy981

My first visit, gotta say that I love the tropical/reclaimed feel of your cities.  Everything fits together very well.  As for the open lot, perhaps a nice museum complex along the water!

KoV Liberty

To everyone:
Update 18 will come Sunday or maybe later today. I don't know.

-Alex

Adrian, I miss you man.