• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4 Picture Competition

Started by Masochist, March 26, 2007, 01:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

so says pat its the dood for me....

6 - Nerdly Dood

0 - Patricius Maximus

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

bat

I vote for nerdly_dood's picture in this round:

7 - nerdly_dood
0 - Patricius Maximus

EDGE4194

Patricius Maximus- the undeveloped corner really detracts from what would have been a good pic.

8 - nerdly_dood
0 - Patricius Maximus

dedgren

nerdly's pic does it for me, too.  That's not to say that Patricius Maximus' pic isn't nice, but the competition looks like Downers Grove, Illinois, the small town (16,000 or so population 50 years ago) where I spent most of my years growing up.

9 - nerdly_dood

0 - Patricius Maximus

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

wes.janson

Might as well make it a blow-out.

10 - nerdly_dood

0 - Patricius Maximus

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!

dedgren

Our friend nerdly's pic won one in a cliffhanger, then one in a walk up against pics I thought were both strong competition.

Let's see how this measures up.

Here's n_d's again.

Let the competition begin anew!

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

deathtopumpkins

1-0 Nerdly_dood

His only gets my vote because it has signs of life. David, that scenery's pretty, but it's kind of boring and lifeless.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

paroch

ND's pic, whilst not perfect (those houses backing on to each other just don't sit right with me), it does have a lot going on in it. And the church makes it have a nice neighbourhood feel.  The layout is well planned.

Now David's pic is of the HIGHEST technical content.  Look at that beautifully curving road.  I'm assuming it's from the FAR project, which really is breaking the mould of the game's grid.  The fence is also equally well done.  But, as a picture, well for me it's not got enough in it.  Maybe even a tractor on the road would have made a difference.

So enough waffle.  For technical content David's wins but for the Picture Comp, my vote to Nerdly_Dood

Nerdly_Dood  2 - 0  Dedgren

allan_kuan1992

hmm...

ND, Something funny's going on with the church parking lot and the road textures. I also don't normally see homes with no entranceway to busy main roads. Nice pic nevertheless.

Dedgren, hmm... a little more traffic and activity appreciated and road textures don't mach surrounding textures in a few places. The sloping road however is attractive. =P

nerdly-dood 3 - 0 Dedgren

- Allan Kuan

Godzillaman

The one thing that bothers me about some rural pictures is that there's nothing in them. Dedgren, it would have been great if there was maybe some farm animals or something, but it seems lifeless. Great looking scenery, nothing else though really...so Nerdly will get my vote...this time...;)

4-Nerdly
0-Dedgren
"With a purposeful grimace and a terrible sound he pulls the spitting high-tension wires down..."

dedgren

Shoot, folks- I'm convinced- I'm voting for the nerdly guy, too.

5 - nerdly_dude

0 - poor old dedgren (that should at least pick up a sympathy vote or two!)

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

girlfromverona

Quote from: dedgren on July 27, 2008, 08:44:28 PMthat should at least pick up a sympathy vote or two!

Awwww, here you go.

nerdly_dood - 5
dedgren - 1

Actually, I was going to vote for you before I read that, David, as I love that pic. It's so peaceful looking, it makes me want to go for a walk.  ;)

thundercrack83

Actually, I was going to vote for you before I read that, David, as I love that pic. It's so peaceful looking, it makes me want to go for a walk.  Wink

I concur. The fence line, the farms, the meticulously sculpted hill--wonderful.

5-2, nerdly_dood.

CasperVg

Dedgren's picture could've used one car (or a tractor) driving on the rural street, but furthermore it's an excellent picture.
Dedgren gets my vote as well.

5 - 3 > Nerdly_Dood leading
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

The_Hutt

I think nerdly-dood's is a particularly complete picture, so I'll throw my vote to him.

nerdly_dood - 6
dedgren - 3

threestooges

Well this has been an interesting round. David's picture is an exceptional nature shot. The subtle hill that the road is on gives it the impression of what looks like a gentle curve (which is what I thought it was when it wa first shown in 3RR). It would be improved by the presence of some life, a car, people, animals, something, but it is otherwise well done.

Nerdly_dood's pic shows things at the other end of the spectrum. A busy dense little neighborhood surrounding a church. The street tree mod gives a nice feeling of age to the area (as does the selection of houses) and helps with the overall dense feeling without making it look crowded.

It's a tough choice this round, but there is something about that hill that is either very good or convenient terraforming that makes that road something pretty neat there. Beauty in simplicity. My vote goes to dedgren.

Pending an official ruling on David's vote for nerdly_dood a few posts up (though it was a nice thought) when compared to this section of the rules:
QuoteYou can only vote once per round, and the people who posted the pictures can't vote that round.
The score should be:

nerdly-dood: 5
dedgren: 4

Sciurus

I vote for dedgren :thumbsup:
5-Dedgren
6-Nerdly_dood
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

warszawa

^^ Shouldn't the score be  5 - 5?

Dedgrens picture is beautifully created. I love how the country road curves with the fence. But as everyone has said - it seems lifeless. Maybe a factory behind the trees...

Nerdly_doods picture has such a characteristic atmosphere. The trees, parking spaces and cosy homes make it look real. The church is a nice touch.

A very hard choice, but my vote will go to Nerdly_dood, making the score

Nerdly_dood - 6
Dedgren - 5

Alex :thumbsup:
Visit my Warsaw, Poland MD.

XoX

My vote get to dedgren:

Nerdly_dood - 6
Dedgren - 6
C'est dans les ténèbres que l'on voit la lumière...et dans la lumière que l'on voit les ténèbres...

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=5339.40

tag_one

Very nice pictures both of you. Although I agree that Dedgren's picture is a bit lifeless I love the beauty of his rural landscape. So my vote goes to you Dedgren  :thumbsup:

Dedgren - 7
Nerdly_dood - 6