• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Barsalargonia - Update 23 - August 23 2009

Started by Splime, May 31, 2009, 12:32:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danielcote

aw but that means I'll be board all summer.  &mmm All my friends are away and theres no one in my neighborhood thats in my general age group and my parents are all working. I'm board.  %wrd

Splime

djvandrake: I might be crazy for it, but I think RL is occasionally a good thing. :D Anyway, thanks for your comment!

danielcote: I'm sure there are other ways to keep yourself entertained.

Anyway, this update was going to be posted on Saturday, since I was going to be away for most of Sunday. Then it got late, so I planned to do it yesterday morning, but ran out of time. So, here's update 22, two days late.

Update 22: Wyeston and More Farms

First off, we'll be filling in more of this area near the mountains.

Here's what the new farms look like.

Next up, I'll be making a somewhat significant town at the intersection of Routes 25 and 26.

This is the initial zoning plans for the town. There's some significant usage of FAR intersections here.

This is the developed town. I'll be expanding it further with some sprawling suburbs later on, but this is the center.

This is the farmland just to the south of the town center.

Finally, this is Wyeston Center. The town gets its name from Wye Station, the train station in the middle of town. (If you notice in this pic, there is a grassy texture beneath the rails. I was planning to remove it with a no rail dirt mod (and removing the SFBT rail texture mod), but it also got rid of dirt on the streets, messing up how my farming areas looked.)

Thanks for reading!

Scarton

Yay, my favorite CJ has been updated! Another spectacular small town from Barsalargonia. It's fantastic!  :thumbsup: Marvelous work, Splime!  &apls &apls
By the way, I love your use of the FAR.  ;D

Battlecat

Nice update!  I like that block of really old style buildings.  That's a great looking little town. 

Yeah, the loss of the dirt texture under the streets is a bit of a pain unless you've planned for it!  It's been so long since I had to deal with it, I completely forgot about that little detail. 

gingerblokey

Looking super, I love the realism especially in the smaller, residential areas near the farm and the main road in the new town.

Luke09

Nice pics.I liked the new station,it looks british...and the intersection is nice too
Tu és
Time de tradição,raça,amor e paixão,
Ó meu mengo...
Eu,sempre te amarei,
Onde estiver estarei
Ó meu mengo

danielcote

I like everything abou this town the stores, the school, the station and Hech this place even has R$$ houses.  :thumbsup:

djvandrake

Looks great!  :thumbsup:  I like your rail station and the way it sits in the town.  I also like how you sepaate your farms slightly from the main road for a more realistic appearance.

Splime

citycapitalizer: Thanks for your comment!

Battlecat: Thanks! When I get to the next tile, I may consider the mod. A lot of the best mods require a change in city-building style, it seems.

gingerblokey: Thanks, and welcome to Barsalargonia!

Luke09: Thanks! I've noted that this is your 30th post here!

danielcote: Thanks for your comment!

djvandrake: Thanks! The separation of the farm and the main road was really more for aesthetics, but if it looks realistic too, then that's great!

I've been busy with RL a bit lately, but I should begin work on update 23 shortly.

Scarton

I noticed that the next comment will be the 250th in here. Any idea if the next update will be within the week?

Bobbi

Good update! (I have no anymore word to say, because it's very good.) :D

Bobbi :thumbsup:

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)

Luke09

31th now  ;),and update 23 comming...im waiting...
Tu és
Ó meu mengo...
Eu,sempre te amarei,
Onde estiver estarei
Ó meu mengo

Splime

citycapitalizer: It seems like the update just barely made it within a week!

Bobbi: Thanks for your comment!

Luke09: Well, the wait for the next update is over!

Update 23: Wyeston Suburban Expansion

So, here's where we left off a week ago. There's plenty of empty woods surrounding the town centre, which is the focus of this update.

First of all, a large suburban development is zoned. It doesn't quite fit the traditional model of the suburbs perfectly circling the town center, but that's reality—you don't bother buying farmland for development when there's plenty of empty space. (Then again, Barsalargonia doesn't exactly grow organically, it's just that the finished product looks organic.) Also, it's worth noting that the Rural Roads Plugin (Curves for SAM streets) and the regular street curves are incredibly useful for making SAM transitions, traditionally one of the more painful drawbacks to the SAM.

Here is the developed suburb.

The southern area is more rural in character. On Route 26 there is a low wealth commercial plaza. For a plaza made entirely of growables, I think it came out very well.

Here is the northern area. While more dense than the south, it is filled with trees throughout.

Finally, here's a region overview.

So, the next update will take a week minimum, due to the reasons I outlined earlier:

Quote from: Splime on August 14, 2009, 10:13:29 AMSo, some news about the status of this MD in the weeks to come: On August 25th, I'll be away at college orientation, and will be pretty busy with all the things that are planned. There's also a bit of a complication as far as computer access goes, since I've signed up for the school's laptop program, and the laptops are distributed on the 30th, the day before classes start. Since there's no way I'll bring by desktop up for just 5 days of computer access before I get the new computer, there won't be any updates going on then. (It is a very nice laptop program though, so no worries there.)

Speaking of updates, there definitely will not be an update every 2-3 days anymore, since I do plan to have a life. :P So, be prepared for a significant slow-down in this MD. This doesn't mean the end though, as I do still plan to update occasionally.

So, be prepared for a slowdown. Then again, with a week's time since last update, the slowdown has already begun. I do intend to keep going, however. Thanks for reading!

Scarton

A phenomenal update! :thumbsup: &apls The way everything grows so perfectly I'm beginning to wonder if you have a magic touch or something. $%Grinno$%

jmyers2043

Hey Splime - A lot of nice R$ homes grew on those curvy streets making for a nice looking picture of the neighborhood.

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Battlecat

Excellent work on the latest update!  I like how you're using those wide curves in the town, you've done a great job developing around them! 

djvandrake

Looks great from the region view.  Nice job of placing things in context with the topography.  &apls

Luke09

Wow,nice suburban area...i liked the commercial plaza
Tu és
Ó meu mengo...
Eu,sempre te amarei,
Onde estiver estarei
Ó meu mengo

danielcote

Nice And you didn't have to take out any farms!

Bobbi

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)