• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Barsalargonia - Update 23 - August 23 2009

Started by Splime, May 31, 2009, 12:32:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Splime

blade2k5: Of course, I wasn't thinking there... that's a lot of work to plop them all though!

io_bg: Thanks!

citycapitalizer: Thanks! I definitely liked the commercial lots blending together, one of those little things that just looks great.

Battlecat: Thanks! It is quite a few residents, but I think the number is definitely overstated by SC4.

Zack: Thanks! I knew there was a cheat for removing zots, but I hadn't thought of it as a way to fix the issue. In the future, I'll make sure to remember it.

Wow, 5 replies in one hour... that's probably close to the fastest update response time in Barsalargonia so far!

Luke09

Hey splime,nice update!Archeology huh?Great pics and interesting flag  ;)
Tu és
Time de tradição,raça,amor e paixão,
Ó meu mengo...
Eu,sempre te amarei,
Onde estiver estarei
Ó meu mengo

nedalezz

I love how you develop the farms seemlessly with the forests around it, and the towns are a work of art :)

Splime

Luke09: Thanks for your comment!

nedalezz: Thanks for the praise!

So, I've got the development for Update 16 done (C3 is finished!) but it's getting late, so you'll have to wait until tomorrow for the next update.

blade2k5

Don't know how I missed your last update $%Grinno$% but I'm glad I found it.  You are a farming machine and I have to say that I actually like your farms better than those I've seen before, even my own :thumbsup:  Excellent work and looking forward to update 16 :thumbsup:

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

Splime

Reply:

blade2k5: Thanks! I have to put plenty of effort into making good farms, since they do take up the majority of the land.

Update 16: Templebrook

This is where we start. The last remaining area to develop in C3 is surrounded on three sides by a small river. The river, as well as the temple ruins nearby (visible on the far left of this picture) are what give this area the name Templebrook.

The following images show the development process for this town:

The center of town is more built-up than most towns in the C3, and it includes a modern office complex. The rest of town, however, is just as rural as before, with new farms built up only a short distance from town.

Here's a close-up of the south of Templebrook. At the top of this image is a new elementary school to educate the local residents. High school students, however, will have to travel to Tumbler Ridge for their education.

Here is a closer look at the eastern area.

This is a close-up of the temple area. It's named the Temple of Luke IX after Luke09, who was the top poster in Barsalargonia when it had 100 posts. (He still is top poster, by the way.) I did promise everyone in the top 5 posters at 100 posts that they'd have something named after them in the region, and I've finally started to fulfill that promise. I'll probably do a similar thing for the top posters once we get to 200 replies.

And here's a close-up of the ploppable pond just a bit to the east.

Town Centre is home to a number of businesses, including the Templebrook Office Complex (built by ill_tonkso on the STEX) and Deadwoods Theatre (which was built by SimGoober).

This is the Northern part of Templebrook, which is more integrated into the forest than the other parts of Templebrook.

Finally, this is how the region pic for C3 looks. I think it came out pretty well. This is probably the slowest I've ever developed a large quad (it's been 2 months) but I think it's probably the best quality quad I've built so far.

So, now that C3 is done, next update will be a C3 overview update, with mosaics and stats throughout. Then it's off north to C2. Thanks for reading!

projectadam

I have been a lurker for quite sometime and thought I should comment. The region is looking great Splime and I loved the separate pictures for the phased development of Templebrook.
The Constitutional Monarchy of Ichigamin

Terraforming Update (8/25/09)

Luke09

Luke IX is posting now:
I think im going to cry now  :'( .Joke.Nice update with great pics.A sugestion to C2 its since it has a large water river(or sea dunno)you can make lots of fishing towns.Keep it up Splime
Tu és
Ó meu mengo...
Eu,sempre te amarei,
Onde estiver estarei
Ó meu mengo

Bobbi

@Splime,
The pond is quite beautiful. I'm sad why I can't make a good-detail pond as yours. :'(

Tile C3 is finished.I suggest you can develop tile C2 or C4. I want to see your harbour.

Bobbi :thumbsup:

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)

Albus of Garaway

Great update, Splime. Looking forward to C2!

art128

As usual, excellent farming my friend, really like how you use these houses. The little commercial strip is great too, good mix of old and modern in it.
Take care,
-Arthur.  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

danielcote

I like how you showed the steps of you developing you're town.

Battlecat

Nice job on finishing up this quad!  It looks fantastic! 

Splime

projectadam: Thanks for delurking!

Luke IX: You deserved that temple after being the top replier here! That large river is sort of like the English Channel, since it separates an island from the mainland. I'll be sure to include some fishing areas.

Bobbi: Thanks! I think the key to making those ponds is the details that surround them. Find the right ploppable flora and rocks and you'll be able to make great-looking ponds easily!

Albus of Garaway: Thanks for your comment!

Arthur: Thanks! I think a mix of old and new is vital to make any realistic city (though calling this a city is a bit of a stretch).

danielcote: Thanks, I'm glad you liked that!

Battlecat: Thanks for the praise!

OK, so that overview update I've discussed is  still in the works, don't worry. I still have a bit of work to do.

EDIT: Barsalargonia is only 87 views away from 4000 views!

Luke09

Humm...Like english canal huh?Nice...and we are close of 200 posts and 4000 views,nice job splime  ;)
Tu és
Ó meu mengo...
Eu,sempre te amarei,
Onde estiver estarei
Ó meu mengo

Tomas Neto

Hi my friend!!! Great update, really fantastic!!!  &apls

Splime

Luke09: Hopefully we'll reach 4000 views soon... I'm pretty excited.

Tomas Neto: Thanks!

Update 17: C3 Overview

First of all, this is a map that shows where all the updates took place. Small numbers in parentheses indicate where a minor development or change occurred, Larger numbers indicate more significant changes.

This is the main map. Green Lines indicate the major roads, which are given numbers. Odd two digit numbers (ie 23, 25, 27) indicate a north-south route, and even two digit numbers (ie 30, 36) indicate an east-west route.

A route with an "A" after it (ie 30A) is an alternate route which overall shares a similar path to its two digit counterpart (ie route 30) but bypasses a major town and/or is of lower quality. In this case, route 30A avoids Tumbler Shores, and is an unpaved road. It will meet up with route 30 in quad B3.

A three digit number (ie 136) indicates a short spur into a town from the main route. In this case, route 136 connects from route 36 to Templebrook. (In fact, the route actually starts before the junction with route 36 at a nearby train station.)

The colors in the corners (which are hard to see when the signs are shrunk down for a map like this) indicate the sort of road it is: yellow indicates unpaved or otherwise bad conditions, green indicates a normal road with at-grade intersections (single or dual-carriageway), and blue indicates a motorway.

The icons that look a bit like the British Rail logo are rail stations. The colors indicate different rail lines (and gray indicates a cargo station).

Anyway, now that that's over, time for 4 mosaics!

Finally, here's the region view, manipulated into a square. I tried to make the labels so that you could see what was beneath them, but still read them. If you can't read the text, it says "Tumbler Ridge (C3) Pop. 18,459" and "Next Up: C2".

Well, after this update, I'm not sure Photobucket's bandwidth meter will be too happy...  :D Thanks for reading!

Luke09

I liked the maps,they are pretty good.The other pics are nice too,and i cant wait to C2.Keep it up Splime
Tu és
Ó meu mengo...
Eu,sempre te amarei,
Onde estiver estarei
Ó meu mengo

danielcote

Wow think of what you can do with that giant region.  :o

Battlecat

Fantastic job on the maps and on the mosaics!  Everything looks excellent as always!