• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Barsalargonia - Update 23 - August 23 2009

Started by Splime, May 31, 2009, 12:32:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Splime

Replies:

peter007: Thanks!

Arthur (art128): Thanks! It's amazing how something as simple as a filler lot can have such a great effect.

Just so you all know, I've updated the first page to have a graphical table of contents, much like in Endora. Let me know what you think of it.

Luke09

omg Splime!Wonderfull work on barsalargonia!I loved the development of the city!People practice sports there?(this is a suggestion  $%Grinno$% )
Tu és
Time de tradição,raça,amor e paixão,
Ó meu mengo...
Eu,sempre te amarei,
Onde estiver estarei
Ó meu mengo

Battlecat

That town has come together quite nicely indeed!  Those farms really polish it off nicely.  I think Tumbler Ridge could be a good name for this community.  Tumbler Ridge is a small mining community in the north of British Columbia and your little town reminds me of it for some reason.

Tomas Neto

Wooowww, my friend!!! Great update again!!!  &apls &apls &apls

Splime

Replies:

Luke09: Thanks for the comment! Also, that's a great idea, I think I'll be working a town park into the next update, complete with sports fields.

Battlecat: Thanks! I really like the name, and I think I'll be using it for the main town in C3...

Tomas Neto: Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Bobbi

Great!!! &apls
The town looks realistic.
And I hope the new update. :thumbsup:

---Bobbi

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)

Splime

Reply:

Bobbi: Thanks! And here's the next update!

Update 9: Expanding Northward

First of all, I took Luke09's suggestion and built a park. There's also a Farmer's Market right next to it so that all the sims can get fresh food.

The wave of expansion moved to the north, where three more farms have been zoned.

The result is two flower farms (top two) and a strawberry farm (bottom).

The strawberry farm was a bit of an issue, since the main road was diagonal and the farm lot was a big rectangle. Only one small corner met up with the road, and the paths didn't connect to the road properly. I had already demolished a few farms that looked bad (that I haven't removed from my plugins yet), so I thought I'd try to fix this up a bit. It's not a perfect fix, but I think the farm looks much better now.

Next up was a small village at the intersection of two major roads.

And here's that village after it developed. (You may notice I changed the street and zone layouts slightly after the previous image.)

Finally, here's what the region looks like at the moment.

Thanks for reading!

art128

Excellent work with the new development, my friend. The sport park looks good and is nicely thought. Great work with the installations and others farms land. The new residential area is, like all, nice !
Take care,
-Arthur. :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

blade2k5

Sorry I missed the 7 or 8 updates, but I was gone for my usual summer hiatus [well truth is, I found employment and have been busy settling in :P ].   Anyways, I'm blown away at how well this MD is turning out to be.  I've recently gotten the rural look bug after spending years building metropolis' and have found it to me more realistic than most of my concrete and steel jungles.  So all I can say is good job and keep the updates coming &apls

Oh!  Almost forgot.  When do you plan to give a full regional shot ()what() hint hint :P

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

Splime

Replies:

Arthur (art128): Thanks for your comments!

blade2k5: Thanks! I always like rural areas because they're easier to build and manage, which gives more flexibility in my opinion. Also, I could give a full region view soon, but it would just be the old region view with C3 pasted on top. I'll still post it later if you want though.

Luke09

Nice Splime!I really love your rural towns.I liked the park  ::)
Tu és
Time de tradição,raça,amor e paixão,
Ó meu mengo...
Eu,sempre te amarei,
Onde estiver estarei
Ó meu mengo

Bobbi

@Splime,
I love your style. :D  And the town is more and more perfect. &apls

---Bobbi

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)

Splime

Replies:

Luke09: Thanks! That park idea was a great one.

Bobbi: Thanks for your comment!

Update 10: Finishing Route 25

I'm starting the process of numbering the main highways in the region, though most of the numbering will wait until this tile is finished and work begins on the others. The numbering system is much like that of American roads: odd numbers are north-south, even numbers are east-west. In Barsalargonia, the numbering starts in the northwest and increases towards the southeast. Route 25 has its number because it is a north-south route, and is a bit east of the western edge, but not by much.

The last stretch of the highway in the north is about to be developed. It's mostly farming, but there will be some housing and businesses as well.

Here's what everything looks like when developed. Sadly, some of the crops in the bottom left farm have gone dark, indicating that the traffic of Route 25 is too much for it. It'll probably get replaced by a residential subdivision soon.

Here's a closeup of the residential area. There's a gazebo and a few small trails in the woods nearby, to boost desirability.

This is a small crossroads on route 25, with a train station right near it.

I made yet another ploppable lake here, though I used PEG's ploppable water this time. I think it came out really well.

To the south, I decided to fill in a small space between Route 25 and the railroad with a small village. The area is also the location of the Barsalargonia Department of Agriculture Building.

Finally, here's the full region view, by blade2k5's request. As you can see, we've barely scratched the whole region.

Thanks for reading!

Sciurus

It's very nice, this little village on the middle of the forest and the fields, very nice :thumbsup:

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

kwakelaar

Beautifully detailed farmland, farms and small villages, always a pleasure to have a look in this MD.

Splime

Replies:

Guillaume: Thanks, I'm glad you like the village.

Tomas Neto: Thanks!

kwakelaar: Thanks, though this update ventures into some more populated places.

Update 11: Tumbler Shores

Here's where I'll be working next. It's quite a bit away from everything else, but I felt like moving on to the next population center before going back to farms. (Note: This picture looks north, most of the remainder of the pictures look south.)

At the intersection in the last picture, I added some Big Box stores, as it will soon be a busy intersection. There's also some zoning for a residential area.

The next challenge was to terraform the shore area so that a boardwalk could be added. It's not easy to determine from C3, but this body of water is in fact the ocean. (Technically it's a channel between the mainland and an island, but it's still salt water.)

Next, I started developing the coastline. There's also the beginnings of a town centre, using PEG's Seaport Village and JBSimio's Smalltown USA lots. Also, some substantial terraforming has been done to the hillside.

Next came some more civic buildings, as well as some zoning on the hill. The street setup is a bit more boxy than usual, as diagonal streets and hills do not mix.

Here's the result in the east (remember, this is looking south)...

...and the result in the main town.

This is the Big Box area, facing north this time.

This is the Historical Centre, with the W2W buildings and Seaport Village.

Here's a closeup of the town park, right in the middle of town.

This is a crossroads on Route 23, on the way to quad C2.

This is the suburban area right near the center of town.

Lastly, this is a little project I'm working on. It's not finished yet (since the quad isn't finished yet), so I won't be giving a key yet, but that's how far along I am.

What I want to know from all of you is, where should I go after I finish developing this tile? North, South, or West? (I'm holding off on East for now, since I want that area to be a bit more urban.)

Thanks for Reading!

art128

Trumbler shores looks like a nice place to relax my friend, good job on the waterfront and the W2W.. Great stores strip there and good development of housing. The map is nice.
take care,
-Arthur.  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

joelyboy911

Wow. This is such a great MD. I love the regional views. However, I was wondering if you could tell me where the houses in the second to last picture, on the road leading out of the quad, came from. I really like them. Also the small w2w buildings on the waterfront.

I'm looking forward to watching this region develop into the future - It's one to follow for sure.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

Sciurus

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *