• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Urland - a (mostly) rural Coastline

Started by Nardo69, March 24, 2007, 12:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

io_bg

Nice work! Seems the ghetto in the fifth pic is quite well-lit $%Grinno$% The 6th pic is my favourite, I'd like to ask where did you get that small tower just next to the roundabout?
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

art128

Fantastic update there, Bernhard !

The night life of the city is very well created, and I liked it a lot. I really like Blaubach station's picture.

Take care my friend !

-Arthur. :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Nardo69

No, don't worry, not yet another fast update, don't worry ...!

Just some

Quick Answers & Replies:

@metarvo: Thanks for the compliment my friend! :)
Well, as you can see on my region map there's quite some urban development. Sometimes I feel blocked after only doing rural then I go medium to dense urban. However, I am never too happy with them ... ;)
BTW: You're banned! %ban% ;)  :D

@Battlecat: Thanks for the compliment my friend! :)

@canyonjumpe: Hehe, with my usual update "speed" no wonder ...  ::)  ;)
Glad you liked them. Well, picture 25.04 is one of those places that makes me wonder why I always forget to turn the lights out ...  ::)

@Tomas Neto: Thanks for the compliment my friend! :)

@io_bg: hanks for the compliment and opening a new page! :)
The little tower you were asking for was part of JMyers Commercial Offices Vol 01 if I remember correctly. ;)

@art128: Thanks for the compliment! my friend! :)

Jmouse

I guess I've lurked around here long enough. It's time to come out of the shadows and tell you what a terrific job you're doing on Urland. I do tend to lurk for a while, though, when I encounter a lengthy MD I want to follow. It's like arriving at the theatre in the middle of a movie - it takes a while to figure out what's going on.

That's a great crop of night scenes you posted in your last update. 25.04 is especially attractive with the lights shining on those buildings. Actually each one has its own unique points of interest which you've nailed down pretty well in your text labels.

All in all, an excellent and thoughtful update...
Joan

kwakelaar

That are really a lot of updates in fast succession, your project with the old fortifications are great to follow. And it is enjoyable to see something so different from your MD with these very dense urban areas. I had a very good time looking at your work. :)

canyonjumper

'canyonjumpe'? lol :D

I always take lots of day shots, and only rarely will I remember to do a couple night shots.

Your friend,
                             Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

calibanX

I'm enjoying the cities Bernhard. Quite a change indeed. Your transportation system is beautiful. I love the complexity. You have a great eye for rural and urban city building.

Geoff
Where City and Country Flow Together

penguin007

Some amazing urban and industrial areas in the last update. Having only really seen rural areas from you great to see these areas aswell

Will

Nardo69

This time I do have a good reason for not having prepared an update (as I already wrote in the New Baby Thread):

Yesterday my wife gave birth to my 2nd son Sinan Josef:

Mother and child are doing fine and my older son did appreciate his little brother, too!  :)

wouanagaine

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Jmouse

He's beautiful, Bernhard! Congratulations to you and your wife.

mightygoose

NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

travismking

congratulations :) My first was born 6 months ago ... its been a tough 6 months, but totally worth it

TiFlo

Now, that's an unexpected update. And such a great one, congratulations to you and your wife Bernhard!  :)

Tomas Neto

Hi my friend, congratulations to you and your family!!!  :thumbsup:

Nardo69

Hello to All!

That OSITM week really burned my picture dumps and I don't have to explain that I wasn't able to play the game a lot during the last weeks ...  $%Grinno$%

however

I found some still not published nice screenshots plus 2 teasers from 2 map that I haven't shown (much) so I thought it might not be a full blown update but maybe some nice pictures as a kind of christmas present would be nice.

But as always before we start:

kwakelaar: Glad I could make you a joy my friend. So the work was worth it! ;)

canyonjumper: Ooops, so somehow the "r" was lost in all the action ...  :-[
Yes, me too, mostly I remember about night when I see some nice night shots elsewhere but so often I forget to tun off the lights while working out the detail!  ::)

calibanX: Thanks for the compliment Geoff. :)
Well, a (rather) radical change from time to time keeps boringness away and opens your eyes for new aspects. And I do love puzzles from time to time!  ;D

penguin007: Thanks for the compliment. There's more urban stuff, hope you like it! ;)

wouanagaine, Jmouse, mightygoose, TiFlo, Tomas Neto: Thank you very much my friends! :)

travismking: Hehe, remembering the first 2 1/2 years of my older son I can tell you the next 24 months won't be easy, too! But wonderful at the same time!

Update Nr. 26: Fragments

Some fragments from two maps, one in the doing, one restarted.

I somehow lost an important plugin for Blaubach; the last month's backups only do CTD. So I had to go nearly to start. Unfortunately unlike my ussual habit I was very busy building there and didn't do too much screenshots.  ()sad()

Lesson 1: Back up all and eveything!

Lesson 2: Make screenshots of all and everything ...

A flagstop. That map of the map is a rather narrow stripe between mountains and a river ...

Another flagstop. I had to do a lot of retaining walls there ...

Even though I build the tramway rather late and only a small network it quickly became very important.

Well ...

This one is dedicated to Ryan (choco). I got him on the nerves to mod some Maxis bridges to be compatible to the viaduct railways (otherwise I wouldn't have been able to realize this and other situations) but until now I haven't seen anyone taken advantage of them ...

Anyway: A big huge "THANK YOU VERY MUCH! LONG LIVE THE BRIDGE MASTER" to choco!

Yes, I did some night shots. This one's just the other side of the previous!

Industrials and nightlights are a really thankful combination!

but so is Wall 2 Wall!  ()stsfd()

BTW we just changed the map from Blaubach to my defortified town.

PEG's CSK2. The lamps in such an environment look nice, but in industrial or worn down areas ...

Nice contrast I would say! :)

Well, there are also some nice industrials here!

I once had a very bad night in the emergence of an hospital. My wife had some very bad aches, my turkish was really bad, no one spoke English or German, and from hour to hour my wife's condition got worse. In the early morning my brother-in-law came and helped me. That day around noon she had an emergency operation.

These are the kind of memories that don't leave you...

Well, somewhere between midnight and dawn there'S always somewhere are place where people can get a drink ...

Teaser 1: This should have been my map for the village competition but it quickly became to big for it ... But by now it looks quite OK closing in for update condition.

Teaser 2: A small map, some hills, a creek, no railways but maybe a tutorial. If you want, of course. Anyone in?

That's it for today!

Merry Christmas!
Joyeux Noelles!
Fröhliche Weinachten!
Felis Navidad!
/size]

Bernhard

mightygoose

superb update, looking forward to the tutorial, also how do you implement the viaduct bridges????
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Nardo69

@mightygoose: Really? Ok, so you're goping to like what's to come today. BTW.: This is not the above mentioned tutorial! ;)

Mini Tutorial: Connecting Bridges to the railway viaducts

The initial setup. You should know how to make embankments etc with the Holedigger lots for this tutorial!

The first thing to build is the railway bridge. Build the bridge as short as possible! Two tiles to the left and right of the water should be enough!

You'll find the bridges for the viaduct pieces if you scroll down a bit through the railway bridges. You'll recognize them by the viaducts that are shown on the icon. At the moment there are three modded Maxis bridges availabale.

Take care that you don't get something like this - you cannot plop viaduct puzzles onto those!
If this happens try to draw the bridge from the other side or change (increase) the lenght of the bridge!

That's how it should like in order to plop the viaducts on the railway!

Whenever you use puzzle pieces keep in mind that the sequence can be crucial!

First the multinetwork puzzles then go on.

After plopping the mulit network puzzles it doesn't matter here where you go on first. You can plop the normal viaduct puzzle pieces  right on top of the railway!

Tram-in_Ave and all other networks work the same way.

And that's how it looks after your done.

Have fun!

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

Tomas Neto

Yeah my friend, awesome update and fantastic mini tutorial!!!   &apls &apls
Merry Christmas to you, too!!!

io_bg

Interesting idea of placing buddybud's walls next to the canal! I also like pic 26.8.
Merry Christmas to you as well!
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November