• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Corsica | A serene haven

Started by Yan077, May 14, 2009, 01:03:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badsim

Quote from: Yan077 on August 19, 2011, 01:10:03 AM

... Just to reassure you, even if there will be certainly less updates, Corsica is still alive   ;)

Better do that indeed , I don't intend to let you close Corsica like that !  $%Grinno$%

Fabulous landscape , I'll get never bored with that kind of pictures ! Great use of our friend David's River Kit , I can see you've been successful to place the waterfall piece while I did give up with this piece ... ::) congratulations for that feat , he would be very proud of you ( I hope he will come back to see that and tell it himself ... ) . As you may have understood -  I don't tell it all at AntigOne - , I've started to resize & re-mod Pegasus ploppable rocks you're also using there . Work already done for the the « shoreline rock cluster » & the smallest boulder . The first reason is to add some variety of rocks sizes ( not enough small ones ... ) and , secondly , boulders are really overscaled - that don't means that boulders of that sizes do not exist in RL but their use should be very parcimonious while we need them for a more comon and larger use ... What I'm going to do now is to finish this work of resizing & re-modding and you'll get access to this work in our DropBox , with my others recent works for landscaping . I do also intend to rework nbvc's ploppable rocks , not about sizes but giving 4 stages ( clicks ) for each models should allow us to change at least their orientation , to avoid these always annoying repetitions ... Alas , no public release for that kind of work as I do not intend to run for authorizations from original authors .

I'll do all I can do to motivate you to keep on alive your brilliant Corsica . Each picture of your MD is unique , immediately striking & identifiable , and , most of all , unsurpassed . You did provide me inspiration  to pull AntigOne in that direction while I was only a LOTer and ... I'm still jealous . ;)

Thank you !  ;D

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

bat

Great images there! Superb work on this area. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ricardomiranda

Real landscapes, great job on campus!

Reikhardt

Beautiful shots again, what more can be said!

ThomasK

Absolutely incredible. Absolutely. I love everything you do with Corsica - it's so inspirational and everything you do is stunning. You wouldn't believe that you produce Corsica using Simcity 4, it's so realistic.

Tomas Neto

Amazing!!!  &apls &apls
Your updates are really fantastic, Yann!!!

supremec

So incredible  :o  :o We're seeing the dream that the sims want to see when they drive, etc...  &apls  &apls
Click on the banner to see my BATs

Framly

Lovely Update! Great to see some new Pictures from Corsica :)

-klick-1st Anniversary Video-klick-
Part of SFBT and RFR Team

Yan077

wallasey, Thanks for your comment, I appreciate a lot. It's true, I'd like travel and visit Scotland, that nation has always fascinated me, the wild side certainly, the old castles, the lakes, (the Loch Ness in particular... $%Grinno$%)

Art128, (Arthur) I spent 2 weeks in the region of Ajaccio at the end of july, with 3 rainy days..  :P. It rains in Corsica especially in the mountains...

Sciurus, (Guillaume) Thank you Guillaume !

Badsim, (Cédric) My dear guinea fowl, all that stuff is stunning, you're really a workaholic  :-[
Thanks for that, your work will be very appreciated, hope you'll you get the authorization to do it  &apls
And thank you so much for all these (too) kind words, but you cannot be jealous, AntigOne make me dream, and I think all the community !

bat, thanks a lot !

ricardomiranda, thank you !

Reikhardt, thanks !

Thomas K, Thank you so much, glad you like Corsica, hope to see you around  :thumbsup:

Tomas Neto, Thank you my friend

supremec, Merci beaucoup l'ami !

Framly, thank you ! And congrats for your fantastic MD !  ;)

Something new, but sorry only a preview...I hope to make the update to celebrate the 1000th post  ;D

"Capo Rosso, early in the morning"

nbvc

Girafe

Amazing picture,

color shades are really interesting and catch eyes especially for the water.

Photoshopping is soft and well done  &apls &apls &apls

Congrats for 1000 posts and 50 pages  ;)

ps: have a look at the dropbox, I put files sometimes in which you could be interested
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

bat

Beautiful image! :thumbsup:
Looking forward to the update...

And 9 left for 1000 replies... ;)

art128

Fabulous postcard there, Yann!

8 Replies left.  :P
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Une_ame

Et 1 de +    &hlp

I don't comment everytime I come here but I've got the exact same feeling everytime. And that's the other quality of your work, keeping the level high. Way more difficult than being able to reach the top once.

:thumbsup:
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

apeguy

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

Yan077

nbvc, Girafe, bat, art128, Tomas Neto, Une ame and apeguy : Glad you like that teaser, thank you so much my friends  :thumbsup:

Set high on a red rocky pinnacle that plunges vertically into the sea,
the hamlet of Capo Rosso (Capu Rossu in Lingua Corsa) is one of the highlights of the Corsica shoreline.
Hope you enjoy your visit...

Badsim

Hello Yann ,

Excellent composing and adaptation of namspopof 's abbey to your Corsica striking environment . That's such a pity that  the ground is BATed with flashy grass and there's no custom LODs to allow us to change the inner courtyard aspect with props ...  hey , that's life .  ::) At least , its palm trees are here at a better place than at Champclause !!! ... :D

The signboard « Capo Rosso » at the entrance and the billboard on the Air6 's house  are very nice attentions .  :thumbsup:

I'm already eager to see more closer views like those my friend , they aren't as numerous , generally , than I would like .  :)

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

CrossSide

Ridicously good! You keep on amazing me with every picture you post. So much detail everywhere.

io_bg

Wow... that's absolutely awesome! &apls These look like real-life pics!
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November