• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Molowaku Island: The Return

Started by wishfulanthony, April 14, 2009, 07:48:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wishfulanthony

Leicester: the Resurrected Capital

Population: 710,480
Mayor: Herbert Yuchengco (2006-present)
Number of Councilors: 8
Congress Representative: Rolando Hernandez (2006-present)
Elevation: 55 meters
Major Attractions:
Adelantado: Harrison Square, St. Joseph's Church, University of LeicesterAlameda Island: Molowaku Department of Transportation, MoloNetwork HeadquartersDowntown: City Hall, Harbor Front, Warsowitz Concert Hall
Fisherman's Wharf: Historic Wharf, Plaza at the LakeLawton Square: Harry Fischer Architectural Museum, Warsowitz Botanical GardenNorth Shore: Molowaku Superior Courthouse, Alexander Rodman Automobile Museum
Piedmont Island: AMP Tower, Park AvenuePowell Industrial Park: Martin Curtis Research CenterUniversity City: Daniel W. Goldman Museum of Furniture, Leicester Indie Theater, Manaus Concert Hall and Auditorium, University of Molowaku
Number of Schools:
Public: Elementary: 6, Middle School: 2, High School: 4
Private: Elementary/Middle School: 10, High School: 8, Charter: 3
Number of Colleges & Universities:
Colleges: Community (Public): 5, Private: 9
Universities: Public: 2, Private: 2
Number of Hospitals: Public: 4, Private: 7
Median Income: MR 264,335
Unemployment Rate: 4.3 %
Crime Rate: 4.5 per 10,000
Number of Bus Routes:
Loop: 6
To/From Downtown: 40
Cross-town: 28
Intercity: Basic (Daily): 20, Commuter (Daily/Weekdays-only): 23
Intra-Community Service: 15
Number of Subway Routes: 14 (+3 under construction); 96 stations (+16 under construction)
Number of Telephones & Mobile Phones: 142 per 100 people
Wi-Fi Internet Service: Independent provider for citywide network provided by Oahu Telecom. Also provided by MoloNetwork

t has been a long time since I last posted Molowaku Island. But, despite the long-time absence, I am happy to say that my long-running CJ (on Wordpress) is coming back to SC4D! Here's another bonus: I am opening up Chapter 2 of the region's growth since I have left behind Chapter 1 from ST. With that, I will introduce to you a new set of cities and towns that I have recently made (on the later updates), and to resume the story I left behind, I introduce you to the "resurrected" capital of Molowaku, now called Leicester.

The City of Leicester (not to be confused with the old City of Leicester in Chapter 1) was formed by a Charter, written by Richard Bowsher IV and Joseph A. Young, on February 24th, 1845, seven years before the capital of Molowaku was moved from the City of Ocean View. The Bowsher-Young Charter stated the definition of the City of Leicester, including plans for the future growth of the city and the basic structure in order to make it the "official" capital of Molowaku Island. Now, over 160 years later, Leicester has continued to play a prominent role that was left behind by Ocean View as the political and one of two economic powerhouses of Molowaku Island, with the main campus of University of Molowaku and several corporate headquarters of various local- and foreign-owned businesses continuing to provide economic strength for the Oahu Region and the nation as a whole. I invite you to click on the various pictures from my new city, and enjoy!

The symbol of Leicester: the Molowaku World Trade Center Twin Towers

Downtown Leicester Overview

Molowaku General Hospital

Leicester City Hall and Government Offices

Fullerton Avenue north of Downtown

Vermont Avenue skyscrapers, east of Downtown

Vermont Avenue. Note the strange tower in white and green that is shaped an inverted U

Alameda Island, across from Downtown

Campus of University of Molowaku

Grower Art Museum at the University of Molowaku

Ravens Stadium and the Main Campus of the University of Molowaku

Alta Mira Village

Fullerton Avenue at Downtown

Deparo Soccer Stadium

Piedmont Bridge and Piedmont Island

Piedmont Island, with the headquarters of MoloNetwork

Northridge District

Salcedo Village, the first residential development in Leicester

Palomar Square

Industrial District southeast of Downtown

Metropolitan Mall and commercial districts

Molowaku is now back on SC4D, and as I have said: I do not deserve for greatness for this City Journal, but I want to create a personal and unique approach in making Molowaku Island a great SimCity 4 CJ.
Tony
Urban Studies and Planning
San Francisco State University · UC Berkeley

Sciurus

It's nice, but I see you've got some problems with some textures, and it's a shame (like on the 5th image) ;)

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Nexis4Jersey

looks great  :thumbsup:, except for the few texture errors!

Swesim

Your MD contains surprisingly much Maxis stuff compared to other MDs here, but that is not necessarily a bad thing.
You seem to have a few textureglitches to fix, but other than that Your Md i unique because You make it, so keep it up!

rooker1

Super start.
I really like all the facts you added and the pictures are just as good.

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.