• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Newland: The end of one journey, the beginning of another

Started by darraghf, March 28, 2009, 11:59:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sciurus

It's just beautiful!!! Your airport is really good built &apls &apls

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Karabina

Nice airport there  &apls 
I just think  the 747's are too close to the taxiway     ()stsfd()

keep up the good work, nice CJ  :thumbsup:

Andre.

darraghf

Youcefk69:  Thanks!
Sciurus: Thanks a lot!
Karabina:
Thanks, I get what you mean with the 747s. They probably should be in further. I know the airport isn't the most realistic of ones

Welcome to Update 14: Barrenstown Waterfront. I know I haven't got much new stuff for you in this update, butIf you've been viewing my blog or the forum version of this CJ, you will have known that I am busy with various other projects as well as School.

Well nonetheless, I do have a short update for you of Barrenstown Waterfront in the night. I have made little progress since I last showed you it in a teaser but I have expanded it to the south and some to the west, which I will show in a future update.

Here Goes:

That's all for this update. New update coming up within the next two weeks.

-Darraghf
Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

Nexis4Jersey

pete3d

yes, it´s dark. :P
but you have a nice building variety.

-pete-

Sciurus

Beautiful night pic, I love (but we see nothing! ;D)

L'atelier d'architecture

Swesim

Interesting to see an update, but I feel the nightpic is a bit too dark, it is difficult to make out what´s in it... &mmm

darraghf

Nexis4Jersey: Thanks. I didn't realise it was a bit dark until I uploaded it, but at least you can see a bit of it!
pete3d: Yup, it is
Sciurus: Thanks. Maybe we don't want to see anything :P.
Swesim: Yes it's very strange to see an update in an MD :P. Yeah I get that it's too dark myself but enjoy what you can see!

Welcome to Update 15 odf Newland. For this update I am going to be showcasing an interchange trhat I made last night. It is a three-level roundabout interchange between a MHW and an RHW. The interchange is part of  a city called Maidenhead which is yet to be developed but will be soon. The mosaic/montage is rahter big so I have a thumbnail link for you instead.

Enjoy! (Zoom in to see the bigger picture)

Thats all for now. More to come later
-Darraghf

sebes

You did an excellent job here Darraghf. You did great with the terminal3 placement, the finishing touch for your already great airport.
I also like the waterfront picture alot, and am looking forward to the update featuring that part of Barrenstown.
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Nexis4Jersey

wow what impressive Interchange that is ! :thumbsup:

Sciurus

It's extremly beautiful, and very very realistic &apls

L'atelier d'architecture

darraghf

Replies to come later

Hi Guys and welcome to yet another update to Newland. I know I haven't been around lately, but I have been very busy with school and other projects including the Ultimate Guide to SC4, which I have abandoned because I was too busy and simply couldn't find time to do it.(More infoavailable on my blog, link in sig). Wellanyways, I am finally on my holidays so now I can concentrate on this CJ a little bit more.

This update is going to be based on a new city tile, Amistad. Amistad is a new city  in Newland. It is a planned settlement which has not been developed yet. In this update, I am going to introduce you to the first aspect of development, Transport. The transport system in Amistad will consist mainly of road, rail and bullet rail as well as bus further down the line. I do tend to ramble on here so feel free to just skip this and look at the pictures as I usually do.

The main type of transport, road. The motorway routes in Amistad are the M1 and the M2. The M1 is the primary route which will go through the city centre and the M2 terminates onto the M1 via a trumpet interchange. The plan for this city is to allow motorway users to get to the city centre quickly and easily as well as getting to other mototways just as quickly and easily. This is achieved by planning ahead. The M1 has two interchanges of a high standard to access the city centre. The M2 can easily access those interchanges and can get around quickly. You will be able to see this in the pictures.

The main interchange between the M1 and M2 is completely freeflow and interchanges into the city centre are limited and are of a high quality so as to limit the amount of backups that can occur.
I think that that image is a bit bare though, don't you? What about a bit of traffic?

I dunno. It still doesn't look right. I know, how about some trees, that will fill the place up. Yeah

Yeah that looks a lot better.

Here's a shot of the whole city as it currently stands.

Stay tuned if you want to see more developments. Please subscribe and leave your comments.

All the best,
Rainyday

danielcote

Wow you have a great highway system! I wonder how long it will last buissy with the gas prices.  $%Grinno$%

Nexis4Jersey

OMG , that Highway interchange makes mine look like twigs on the side of a path , awesome job :thumbsup: :P

darraghf

Replies to come later

Hi guys and welcome to yet another update of Newland. In this update, I will be concentrating on the newly built CBD of Amistad. The CBD is a wash with highrises, green areas as well as a vast glr network which twists and turns in and out of the many alleyways. I won't go on anymore so, here you go. I give you..... Amistad

Some traffic building up in the moring rush outsite the Aviva building.

The Fischer building, a department store just outside the CBD. It is a protected structure and doesn't really blend in with the rest of the modern city.

This is a plaza between the main BTM station and one of many glr stations. This plaza can be full of people coming in from the surounding residential areas on the bullet train and trensferring themselves onto the glr to get to their jobs in the city centre

A shot of the city in the night time. Not the acces to the city from the RHW.

Farren Park, one of the many green areas in the city. It makes the city more than just a concrete heaven.

Another shot of the city in the night. Just mesmorizing, isn't it?

I just love this car park. It looks amazing in the night time surrounded by the many highrises.

And finally one of the main rail station on a rainy day. What do you think of the image editing in it? I'm eager to find out.

Please leave your comments and subscribe to this CJ.

All the best,
Rainyday

joelyboy911

I'm noticing that you have LHD, like all civilised countries where we spell civilised with no Z which is pronounced "zed", and you also have the NAM onramps featuring oneway straight-ons. I have these also (in fact I think I have the UK/Ireland version of the game) but mine don't work, the cars cannot access it at all.

Excellent pictures too. An amazing Diary. I especially like the "too dark" night shot.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

darraghf

joelyboy911

No, I mean the Maxis Highway NAM oneway road onramp, the single sided parallel onramp. I was told that a special controller would be needed, but I havent received word of it's creation as yet.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

darraghf

joelyboy911: Oh I see what you mean. Maybe you should take it up with one of the developers in the NAM, like Dedgren. It might be something to do with the paths in the left hand version in the NAM. That problem happened to me too. Before you ask anyone, you should try to download NAM essentials: http://www.sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=850. It is used for small releases and bugfixes. If that doesn't fix it, contact someone who is a part of the NAM team and I'm sure they'll help you on the matter.
-Darraghf

joelyboy911

Cheers. That'll probably fix it.

I'll say again: this is a great CJ/MD I am in awe of your M1/M2 Interchange.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian