• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

My Bordertown setup

Started by Rayden, March 13, 2009, 04:07:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayden

This is where all begins, Rayden's Bordertown GRV II.

The map rendered

And a few shots

Terrain Mod : Italia
Beach Mod : Olimpic
Rock Mod : My own, based on dark granite. Well after a few tries, the mod choosed it's a light granite of my own as well seen bellow this page.[linkie]
Water Mod: Clipper

No trees or city names yet. That's for next episode $%Grinno$%

mrbisonm

Nice choice of terrainmods, the water is beautiful. Your rockmod looks very nice too, a little dark nice. Is that available somewhere? Wishing you good luck.

mrb  ;)

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

Rayden

Quote from: mrbisonm on March 13, 2009, 06:23:18 PMIs that available somewhere?

Thx for the welcoming, no, they are not available yet. I've got a few rock mods, but I still need to tweak them a little, before I ever release them. ;)

I might even try another one with this map before I pick the final one. I'll carry on with a few more tries. :thumbsup:

Simpson

Very nice !  :thumbsup:
Your rock mod is looking superb  &apls
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

Rayden

Well, I tried this one based on Mintaro Slate...

... and it looks quite nice. ;)

Pat

Hey Silvio I like that Mintaro Slate pics!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

mrbisonm

They look good, something from Egypt-like. Too light for my taste though, but surely another good choice. Besides , we won't just the terrainmods everyone is using, nor the BATs, but mostly the way it is done by the player.

mrb

Rayden

After  few more tests I choosed the final Rock Mod, at least for the mountaneous tiles, because for the flat ones, I have another one that blends better with the river banks.

Next, to some tree plopping ;)

jmyers2043

QuoteI've got a few rock mods, but I still need to tweak them a little, before I ever release them.

I don't know if this is one of your mods that you spoke of ... but if it is ... I don't know what you could possibly tweak. I spent two evening trying out the different mods before settling on the one I'll be using. This one looks super.

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

mrbisonm

I'm with jmyers, the last one looks super!

mrb

tag_one

Great choice! This mod fits the region very well. I can't wait to see your region with some trees  ;)   

Rayden

Quote from: tag_one on March 15, 2009, 01:56:45 PM
Great choice! This mod fits the region very well. I can't wait to see your region with some trees  ;)  

Your wishes is my command $%Grinno$% Just a little taste, like Matt, I tried the Mayor Mode way, it is a hell of a job hand plopping the trees, but the final product makes it worth. ;)

Thx guys for the support. :thumbsup:

mrbisonm

ouffffff.....I think you'll be be a heavy competitor for me....lol  ;). Gotta go now and work on my region..........again........

mrb

spa

That looks really great with the trees. The choice of rock mod is fantastic.

art128

That looks really nice with the threes indeed.
Silvio, you're doing an excellent job there !  &apls
The threes are greatly placed and the rock mod is very well choose.
bom trabalho amigo!
Can't wait to see more of this.

Arthur.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

tag_one

&apls The landscape looks really nice and impressing :thumbsup:
Maybe you should create your own tree controller to make work a bit more easier? It's not that hard ;)

Rayden

Quote from: tag_one on March 16, 2009, 02:02:58 PM
Maybe you should create your own tree controller to make work a bit more easier? It's not that hard ;)

What do you mean with "it's not that hard"? $%Grinno$%

I guess I'll have to give a look at the insides of a tree controller and see what's not that hard :D

Ennedi

Silvio, the last rock mod is excellent! I would like to see textures in all zooms, I'm curious if we go the same way  :)
Very nice tree placement, you create great landscapes  :thumbsup:

Quote from: tag_one on March 16, 2009, 02:02:58 PM

It's not that hard to change the tree controller, even not so hard to make a simple one, but it is very hard to make a universal one ie. working good on various terrains. And this is the real mastery of Brian's (Cycledogg) work  :)
Personally I use God Mode Tree Controller for larger areas when I want to have an uniform look, but all more demanding places (slopes, hilltops, an upper flora level) I create using various Mayor Mode mods and mix them dogether in various proportions.
PS. New Tree Controllers will come sooner or later... ;)

Adam
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

quackmofro

Mmmmm, that light granite rock mod looks marvelous. And your forests are beautiful, too. The pictures seem chimerical, like they came out of a Tolkien novel. I wish I had that kind of patience and creativity. &apls

Rayden

Quote from: Ennedi on March 20, 2009, 07:05:49 PMPS. New Tree Controllers will come sooner or later... ;)

Adam

Patiently waiting for that.  ;) By the way, as for the looks, many people is enjoying my rock mod, so, I'm planing to release it along with a few others soon. I have to make a small readme and an installer and give away for scrutineering. In a couple of weeks, maybe less, it will be on the LEX. :thumbsup:

&ops Ohh, and I almost forgot, thx to everyone for the nice comments. :thumbsup: